Find a board certified breast augmentation specialist in your zip code:

JustBreastImplants.com. Breast augmentation resource center

 

Go Back   Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums > Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum
JustBreastImplants.com Locate a Surgeon Photo Gallery Risks Size Info Consult Info Breast Implants Incision Placement Rules/Etiquette

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
FixMelanie is on a distinguished road
Freaky Nipples!!!

I'm 4 weeks post op today and overall all is going well with healing. All except my nipples that is.... My left nipple (And when I say nipple I mean the whole thing areola too) is much bigger then my right one. My right nipple is smaller because it seems my doctor made the incision smaller then the other side so my right nipple is raised! The left is larger and smooth and right is smaller and raised!!! If that makes sence. Lord. I have no plans of fixing it. I know that's probably sad but I really don't want to be cut open again. I guess I'll jsut have to live with my freaky nipples! Bummer...
FixMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Mrs. Polka Flax
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
natthebug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixMelanie View Post
I'm 4 weeks post op today and overall all is going well with healing. All except my nipples that is.... My left nipple (And when I say nipple I mean the whole thing areola too) is much bigger then my right one. My right nipple is smaller because it seems my doctor made the incision smaller then the other side so my right nipple is raised! The left is larger and smooth and right is smaller and raised!!! If that makes sence. Lord. I have no plans of fixing it. I know that's probably sad but I really don't want to be cut open again. I guess I'll jsut have to live with my freaky nipples! Bummer...
wow thats crazy he would make such a mistake.! I would definitely make it aware to him! you have before pics right? well I know they would in their files and pooint out what he did. making the incisions kind of match is hard but to keep your nipple the size and shape it was before and especially same as te other side shouldnt have been that hard and is very important to some girls!! I would reem your Dr. a new one and ask him to ( because you do not want to go under the knife again) see if he can gived you some other service free or credit back or something... but thats just me I am kinda extreme I guess.

I'm sorry your nipples are not matching the way they were before that is purely PS error... My PS wouldn't do aereola incision cause my nipples are small and light and he said I would notice the scars too easily compared to under the crease... so I was like whatevers clever. I am glad he did it there ( crease) although I wonder if he could have aereola and if it would have bugged me or not....
__________________
Dr. Troy Andreasen
natthebug is offline   Reply With Quote
 
natthebug's plastic surgeon is Dr. Andreasen
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
FixMelanie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natthebug View Post
wow thats crazy he would make such a mistake.! I would definitely make it aware to him! you have before pics right? well I know they would in their files and pooint out what he did. making the incisions kind of match is hard but to keep your nipple the size and shape it was before and especially same as te other side shouldnt have been that hard and is very important to some girls!! I would reem your Dr. a new one and ask him to ( because you do not want to go under the knife again) see if he can gived you some other service free or credit back or something... but thats just me I am kinda extreme I guess.

I'm sorry your nipples are not matching the way they were before that is purely PS error... My PS wouldn't do aereola incision cause my nipples are small and light and he said I would notice the scars too easily compared to under the crease... so I was like whatevers clever. I am glad he did it there ( crease) although I wonder if he could have aereola and if it would have bugged me or not....
What's crazy is I told him to make them smaller! I used to have very small cute pink nipples until I had kids. Then they turned into these Huge browish National Geographic nipples. They got better but since my boobs were so droopy I just knew that once an implant puffed them up that my HUGE nipples would return. After my surgery I noticed right away that my nipples were different. But I figured they would change in time. I even pointed my right raised nipple out to my doctor because it looked like it wasn't going to heal right. He said it would flatten out. I go back Monday and I will bring it up again. It sucks because I do not want to have to be cut open again. I had that hematoma complication and had to be cut open 5 days after my BA. Also the recovery AGAIN. I don't know.
I don't think you are extreem, I think you are one SMART lady! I should get some type of credit!
FixMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 168
Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Dreamz is on a distinguished road
Awww, I know what you mean... my nips/areolas are freaky and mismatched now too. They are shaped differently and one is bigger than the other....
One is even more off center than the other one.
That really sucks because I never had any problems with mine before.
But hopefully my boobs will turn out ok when they are "done" and maybe I wont care so much? I dunno...
I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixMelanie View Post
I'm 4 weeks post op today and overall all is going well with healing. All except my nipples that is.... My left nipple (And when I say nipple I mean the whole thing areola too) is much bigger then my right one. My right nipple is smaller because it seems my doctor made the incision smaller then the other side so my right nipple is raised! The left is larger and smooth and right is smaller and raised!!! If that makes sence. Lord. I have no plans of fixing it. I know that's probably sad but I really don't want to be cut open again. I guess I'll jsut have to live with my freaky nipples! Bummer...

Last edited by Dreamz; 10-19-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 AM   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
FixMelanie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
Awww, I know what you mean... my nips/areolas are freaky and mismatched now too. They are shaped differently and one is bigger than the other....
One is even more off center than the other one.
That really sucks because I never had any problems with mine before.
But hopefully my boobs will turn out ok when they are "done" and maybe I wont care so much? I dunno...
I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this too!
Well I'm sort of glad that there is someone else out there with the same problem as me. But, I wish neither of us had it!
You would think that these surgeons would understand the whole make the nipples even thing. Duh...
Thanks for the support!
FixMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:40 AM   #6
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 168
Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Dreamz is on a distinguished road
Yeah I know! I have no clue what I'll look like when I'm "done" and when the scars fade... I'm afraid I wont be happy and for wiping out our savings account to do this surgery I think I SHOULD be very happy!
I picked a more expensive surgeon because I heard he was really good...
I really hope that both of us are happy when we're all "done" I hope it's much better than we think it will be!
Good luck to you! (((HUGS)))



Quote:
Originally Posted by FixMelanie View Post
Well I'm sort of glad that there is someone else out there with the same problem as me. But, I wish neither of us had it!
You would think that these surgeons would understand the whole make the nipples even thing. Duh...
Thanks for the support!
Dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Mrs. Polka Flax
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
natthebug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixMelanie View Post
What's crazy is I told him to make them smaller! I used to have very small cute pink nipples until I had kids. Then they turned into these Huge browish National Geographic nipples. They got better but since my boobs were so droopy I just knew that once an implant puffed them up that my HUGE nipples would return. After my surgery I noticed right away that my nipples were different. But I figured they would change in time. I even pointed my right raised nipple out to my doctor because it looked like it wasn't going to heal right. He said it would flatten out. I go back Monday and I will bring it up again. It sucks because I do not want to have to be cut open again. I had that hematoma complication and had to be cut open 5 days after my BA. Also the recovery AGAIN. I don't know.
I don't think you are extreem, I think you are one SMART lady! I should get some type of credit!
I definitely think for the thousands of dollars we all pay to have this done it is the surgeons responsabiliy when we are inder HIS knife to make every effrt to make us look right and how we asked... now unevere ESP if you were even pre BA!!! I would tell him you talked to a lot of your friends who have BS and they all were very strongly opinionated about it!

Thanks for the compliment. I know I ask a lot of questions and dohave very strog opinios whenyou put yourselves in the hands of a surgeon and they do not take the best care possible to meet your requests.... **** we paid for it!!!!!
where a surgeon cuts and how he sews back together what he cut open is all HIS hands, grr i get more mad when they try to brush it off as something you did, or not a big deal.

the only thing besides that i can think of is the side that is bigger maybe still a little swollen that it would be stretching the nipple so it appears bigger??

do you have a yahoo group yet?
__________________
Dr. Troy Andreasen
natthebug is offline   Reply With Quote
 
natthebug's plastic surgeon is Dr. Andreasen
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
JustBreastImplants - Breast Augmentation Patient Education Resource - 2001 - 2011