Find a board certified breast augmentation specialist in your zip code:

JustBreastImplants.com. Breast augmentation resource center

 

Go Back   Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums > Breast Lifts
JustBreastImplants.com Locate a Surgeon Photo Gallery Risks Size Info Consult Info Breast Implants Incision Placement Rules/Etiquette

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
Psuedoptosis or Stage 1 Ptosis

Hi all! I had 2 consultations and received very different opinions regarding my need for a lift. Obviously, I do not want one if I do not need to have it. I've been reading online and found some great illustrations about the different stages. I was not told by either where I may fall but comparing the pics to myself, I am barely Stage 1, possibly Psuedoptosis. The middle of my nipples are above my crease.

Anyone with the same experience and what did you do?

I tried to paste a link to the site that shows the stages but I cannot post them here.
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 01-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
 
madem_jenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,551
Thanks: 71
Thanked 605 Times in 529 Posts
madem_jenn will become famous soon enoughmadem_jenn will become famous soon enough
If you can post pictures I would go to the ask a PS section and have Dr. Revis to give you an opinion. I had stage 2 ptosis and got a lollipop lift. I am so glad I did. However, if you can get away with not having one...all the better. It really depends on what look you want as well. Do you want a full high perky fake look? Then if you have loose skin you will want that tightened up and lifted. If you want a more natural slope perhaps a lift won't be needed. So two things:
1. What you have
2. What you want
Go on at least one more consult.
Good luck!
__________________
42 years young
5ft 9 1/2 inches 128lbs
PRE OP: 34A
POST OP: 32F
Surgery date: 6/6/11
breast augmentation and Lollipop lift
Mentor Memory Gel Silicone 400cc, unders

Revision 11/13/13 with Dr. Sorokin
700cc HP smooth round silicone/lateral and medial pocket work and redo of my lollipop lift
Lateral Displacement and upgrading implant size

Revision scheduled 7/11/14
Right breast is BO
Left breast needs some pocket work lateral and too high when I am lying down
No change is size or profile...very happy with that!
madem_jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
madem_jenn's plastic surgeon is Dr. Sorokin
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
The Following User Says Thank You to madem_jenn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
 
*turbo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 877
Thanks: 786
Thanked 502 Times in 389 Posts
*turbo* will become famous soon enough
I agree with madam jenn. She has given you some great advice.

Send pics to Dr. Revis and see what he thinks. Make sure you take the pics with your arms down. One from the front and one from the side. I went on 4 consults. One said no lift, 2 said donut lift and the the fourth said donut, but more likely anchor?

I am going with Dr. P and Dr. Revis's recommendation of the donut/benelli lift. Perkiness is more important to me than size. Best of luck to you. Don't be scared of the lift if you need one. There are some very beautiful results here that our members have with all types of lifts.
__________________
<center>Height - 5'6"
Weight - 149 Athletic Build Size 6-8
Age - 37
Before BA 36B Droopy and deflated
BWD = 13.7
Surgery~ March 15, 2012
Benelli Lift on Both Breasts
500cc Mod+ Silicone

Dr. Pelletiere</center>

Please know that I only accept Friend Requests From Elite Members that have their own photos to share. Please send a note with your friend request.



*turbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
 
*turbo*'s plastic surgeon is Dr. Pelletiere
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
The Following User Says Thank You to *turbo* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
~Boobies~Boobies~Boobies~
 
Tinkerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 250
Thanked 714 Times in 525 Posts
Tinkerz will become famous soon enough
I had one Dr say I had stage 1 in right and and Psuedoptosis in left. I was going to do Dual Plane and if I want a Benelli lift on the right to even nipple to left, he could do that. I chose to not worry about the uneven nipples. I actually went into surgery with this Dr and he had to close me back up because he found milk in my boob. And then after some testing and yada yada yada. I figured that I would not ever get implants because of some odd test results.

So, I went to a second PS. He said that I had Psuedoptosis in both breasts. He said he would go Over muscle and could do Benelli on right to make it even with left. He did not think I need a lift to make them perky, but just to even the nipples out. And honestly, I was not paying an extra couple of thousand dollars just to lift one nipple 1.5 cm!! haha! So, I did implants only. Now nipples are less than .5cm different

Anyway, what I had was empty breasts not drooping breasts. They were small and nipples were above crease with skin below nipple. Basically what I call empty balloons. So, PS filled them up.

Now, I did not care to have perky boobs, I like the slope and the overhang of the boob. I really love my results. I think if you have Psuedoptosis that implants only will work.

When you are a member, look at my album and look at my pre-op, you can see if you look like that.
__________________
550cc (R) 650cc(L) Silicone Overs
Breastfed 6 children.
44 years old 5'5" 122lbs (3lbs of implant)
36-26-36
36A/B Pseudo-ptosis in both breasts 32DDD
29" ribcage BWD 14cm (R) 13.5cm (L)
(L) implant 15.4 cm (R) implant 14.6 cm
Surgery Date Nov 9, 2011

Albums are public

I have posted my healing in the Breast Augmentation Stories I am doing this so other "Overs girls" can see what they might expect. And since I have one implant 100cc more the other and had my crease lowered, I write about that healing process too.



Tinkerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your help, madem_jenn. You have given me some things to think about. I do like the high perky look but I can deal with a little slope to avoid a lift. It's so confusing when your consultations are completely different! They are $55 a pop here where I am and I'm picky and I like to choose dr's based on referrals and not websites and advertisements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem_jenn View Post
If you can post pictures I would go to the ask a PS section and have Dr. Revis to give you an opinion. I had stage 2 ptosis and got a lollipop lift. I am so glad I did. However, if you can get away with not having one...all the better. It really depends on what look you want as well. Do you want a full high perky fake look? Then if you have loose skin you will want that tightened up and lifted. If you want a more natural slope perhaps a lift won't be needed. So two things:
1. What you have
2. What you want
Go on at least one more consult.
Good luck!
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 01-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
Thanks Turbofiremama! I will work on pics for Dr. Revis. I am totally open to traveling for surgery.
I see you just had your pre-op yesterday. You must be SOOO excited!!!! I'm happy for you. I'm planning mine for March and it can't come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofiremama View Post
I agree with madam jenn. She has given you some great advice.

Send pics to Dr. Revis and see what he thinks. Make sure you take the pics with your arms down. One from the front and one from the side. I went on 4 consults. One said no lift, 2 said donut lift and the the fourth said donut, but more likely anchor?

I am going with Dr. P and Dr. Revis's recommendation of the donut/benelli lift. Perkiness is more important to me than size. Best of luck to you. Don't be scared of the lift if you need one. There are some very beautiful results here that our members have with all types of lifts.
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
Hi Tinkerz, No I'm not a member yet and I can't access your healing blog though I have tried numerous times to see how you're doing with your overs. You pics in your siggy look amazing! I agree that doing a lift just to lift one nipple is a bit much. I would have done the same as you. I'm not looking for perfection, just want to enhance and improve what I have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerz View Post
I had one Dr say I had stage 1 in right and and Psuedoptosis in left. I was going to do Dual Plane and if I want a Benelli lift on the right to even nipple to left, he could do that. I chose to not worry about the uneven nipples. I actually went into surgery with this Dr and he had to close me back up because he found milk in my boob. And then after some testing and yada yada yada. I figured that I would not ever get implants because of some odd test results.

So, I went to a second PS. He said that I had Psuedoptosis in both breasts. He said he would go Over muscle and could do Benelli on right to make it even with left. He did not think I need a lift to make them perky, but just to even the nipples out. And honestly, I was not paying an extra couple of thousand dollars just to lift one nipple 1.5 cm!! haha! So, I did implants only. Now nipples are less than .5cm different

Anyway, what I had was empty breasts not drooping breasts. They were small and nipples were above crease with skin below nipple. Basically what I call empty balloons. So, PS filled them up.

Now, I did not care to have perky boobs, I like the slope and the overhang of the boob. I really love my results. I think if you have Psuedoptosis that implants only will work.

When you are a member, look at my album and look at my pre-op, you can see if you look like that.
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
~Boobies~Boobies~Boobies~
 
Tinkerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 250
Thanked 714 Times in 525 Posts
Tinkerz will become famous soon enough
Go to the second link in my signature. I copied my Blog to a Thread Post so everyone can read it.

I was the same as you...not really wanting perfection, just needed some improvement!!
__________________
550cc (R) 650cc(L) Silicone Overs
Breastfed 6 children.
44 years old 5'5" 122lbs (3lbs of implant)
36-26-36
36A/B Pseudo-ptosis in both breasts 32DDD
29" ribcage BWD 14cm (R) 13.5cm (L)
(L) implant 15.4 cm (R) implant 14.6 cm
Surgery Date Nov 9, 2011

Albums are public

I have posted my healing in the Breast Augmentation Stories I am doing this so other "Overs girls" can see what they might expect. And since I have one implant 100cc more the other and had my crease lowered, I write about that healing process too.



Tinkerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
 
MickeyGrimswood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mission Viejo California
Posts: 49
Thanks: 53
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
MickeyGrimswood is on a distinguished road
Hey Prism,

This was such a tormenting decision for me. I'm 30 and breast fed one child and had psuedotsosis (not quite sure how to spell it). I had 1 doc tell me I didn't need a breast lift at all, and another recommend a benelli lift if I went large enough & a lollipop lift if I went with a smaller implant. I went back in forth with all 3 options. Ultimately I met in the middle and got the Benelli lift. I'm glad I did. The benelli lift positioned my nipples perfectly. The doctor has more room to perfect the look if your breasts when he's doing a lift as well. I knew too many women who did not want the scar and ending up going without the lift and really regretted it. Nothing is worse then paying the money for your new boobs, and having them be saggy. If ultimately a youthful perky breast is what you want, I would consider the lift. I think in my case and in your case you could go either way and they'll both look great. My benelli scars are still healing, but they are barely noticeable, the lollipop would have been harder to deal with because of the vertical scar going right down the center. Ultimately the decision is yours. Just really think about what you want them to look like, do you want to be able to go without a bra on occasion? If so, then maybe a lift is a good choice.
P.S. the benelli lift only lifts the nipple giving the appearance of a lift, but does not actually lift the breast itself only the lollipop and anchor lifts do that. Good luck to you.
MickeyGrimswood is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MickeyGrimswood's plastic surgeon is Dr. Cruise
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
The Following User Says Thank You to MickeyGrimswood For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
 
motherof2punks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, california
Posts: 152
Thanks: 90
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
motherof2punks is on a distinguished road
I completely agree with the response above. I don't think grading your level of ptosis is the only factor. You need to decide what you would like for results and let the PS know during the consultation. Bring pictures. If you are going for natural, you may avoid the lift of any kind. High, perky breasts and you will probably need some kind of lift.
I had two separate surgeries because I was really hoping to avoid a vertical scar. Well. I really wish I had gotten over that and had the lift with my BA in May. Would have saved a few thousand dollars, used vacation for VACATION and already be healed! I decided that the only people who would see the scars were my husband, me and you all on JBI! I really wanted perky without a bra! So I had an anchor lift.
So none of us can tell you NEED a lift depending only on if you have pseudo ptosis or stage 1. You have to decide the look you want.
Good luck!
__________________
5/5/11: Breast Aug Mod + textured silicone 525/550cc overs pre-op 36B/C (very saggy) Post op size 36DDD still saggy
1/17/12: Anchor Lift post-op size 36DD Lost a cup size with the lift but totally ok with that! Nice and perky now

5'8" weight 143 lbs currently working on losing 10-13 lbs more!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
motherof2punks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to motherof2punks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
Update: I had couple more consults and the majority have told me I do not need a lift as my nipples are still well above my crease. Figures that my very first appointment would recommend a lolipop lift and then after that, he'd only be able to give me 300CCs. $50 wasted on that consult, in my opinion.
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Healing in Progress
 
MissPrism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 833
Thanks: 134
Thanked 197 Times in 191 Posts
MissPrism is on a distinguished road
It really IS tormenting! I am so grateful to have found a place where I can share these concerns and find knowledge, experience and support. I haven't told any of my family. The 1 friend I have told and my hubby are kinda sick of hearing all my boobie talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyGrimswood View Post
Hey Prism,

This was such a tormenting decision for me. I'm 30 and breast fed one child and had psuedotsosis (not quite sure how to spell it). I had 1 doc tell me I didn't need a breast lift at all, and another recommend a benelli lift if I went large enough & a lollipop lift if I went with a smaller implant. I went back in forth with all 3 options. Ultimately I met in the middle and got the Benelli lift. I'm glad I did. The benelli lift positioned my nipples perfectly. The doctor has more room to perfect the look if your breasts when he's doing a lift as well. I knew too many women who did not want the scar and ending up going without the lift and really regretted it. Nothing is worse then paying the money for your new boobs, and having them be saggy. If ultimately a youthful perky breast is what you want, I would consider the lift. I think in my case and in your case you could go either way and they'll both look great. My benelli scars are still healing, but they are barely noticeable, the lollipop would have been harder to deal with because of the vertical scar going right down the center. Ultimately the decision is yours. Just really think about what you want them to look like, do you want to be able to go without a bra on occasion? If so, then maybe a lift is a good choice.
P.S. the benelli lift only lifts the nipple giving the appearance of a lift, but does not actually lift the breast itself only the lollipop and anchor lifts do that. Good luck to you.
__________________
40 year old SAHM to 3 kids: 18, 13, 10
5'4" 120 lbs
Pre-op deflated 34B, Post-op 34D
1st BA = March 2012 Mentor HP 450 CC Round Silicone
Healing from:
2nd BA = March 2014 - 590 CC UHP Mentor Round Silicone
Full TT w/ MR = March 2014
Eric Mariotti, MD


Accepting Friend Requests from Elite Members who also have albums to share


MissPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
 
MissPrism's plastic surgeon is Dr. Mariotti
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
 
professor34DD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 72
Thanks: 32
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
professor34DD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism View Post
It really IS tormenting! I am so grateful to have found a place where I can share these concerns and find knowledge, experience and support. I haven't told any of my family. The 1 friend I have told and my hubby are kinda sick of hearing all my boobie talk!
I am with you on that. My husband is kind of tired of all the boobie talk too. It i the subject of discussion with some of my friends but not the only thing. My husband just doesn't understand because...men don't have or talk about such things. This site is great.
__________________
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120
Age: 41
Pre-Op = saggy 34C/ Post-Op = hoping for a full perky D probably a 34DD right now
Mentor HP = 500cc submuscular with a Benelli lift

Doctor: Dr. Terry Westfield (San Antonio, TX)
Date: January 9, 2012
I have a private album....please send me a FR AND a message if you would like to view it. Thanks!

professor34DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
 
CheetahLovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 175
Thanks: 47
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
CheetahLovr is on a distinguished road
I'm really new here but I have a similar situation. I have mild ptosis (nipples are above crease) but my breasts as a whole sit low on my chest, so I WANT a lift to make them more proportional to my body. I have a short torso which only exaggerates how low they look... to me anyways. I'm totally wanting high and perky because I think it will give the illusion of a longer torso. One breast is also lower than the other by 1cm so my Dr. says I would not be happy without the lift and he'll even them out for me. I'll be getting a lollipop lift with implants (size negotiable... still waffling between 339 and 371cc).
CheetahLovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
JustBreastImplants - Breast Augmentation Patient Education Resource - 2001 - 2011