Find a board certified breast augmentation specialist in your zip code:

JustBreastImplants.com. Breast augmentation resource center

 

Go Back   Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums > General Breast Augmentation Discussion
JustBreastImplants.com Locate a Surgeon Photo Gallery Risks Size Info Consult Info Breast Implants Incision Placement Rules/Etiquette

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Question Loratab for pain anyone?

My doc prescribes Loratab 7.5 for pain , and since I still had some Loratab 5mg from a neck injury earlier in the summer that pulled up on the report when they checked to see if i had any narcotics. I still have most all of them so she said just to use those for pain. 1 every 4 hours. Personally these Loratab 5's dont even get rid of a headache for backache for me?? I am SUPER scared they won't be strong enough. I was given Loratab 7.5 after giving birth to my daughter and it barely took the edge off. So I am wondering if anyone has been prescribed Loratab and did it work ok to manage pain??

If I request something stronger do you think they would give it to me ?
I am in Kentucky and we have a bunch of new laws b/c of the pill problem in the state. You have to fill out a bunch of paperwork just for them to prescribe you narcotics so the doctors are really careful.
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!
 
mom*wife*nurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,737
Thanks: 107
Thanked 499 Times in 471 Posts
mom*wife*nurse will become famous soon enough
I don't know how strict the laws are but I would talk to your PS. You could probably take two of the 5s and be ok but make sure you get the OK from your Dr. Good luck!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
__________________

mom*wife*nurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I had wondered if I could do 1 1/2 of the 5 and that would be 7.5 theoretically . At least better than the latter but I will call and ask about this next week ! ThankS
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
I'm Made Of Plastic, Isn't It Fantastic?!!?!!
 
Ki11er Barb1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 1,585
Thanked 755 Times in 640 Posts
Ki11er Barb1e has a spectacular auraKi11er Barb1e has a spectacular aura
I was prescribed the 7.5's and really they only worked about as good as Tylenol for me. But I have a ridiculously high tolerance to any pain meds though. I would think if the meds prescribed to you aren't working your PS would give you something else. You should ask
__________________

5'8"
145lbs
Pre-op: 36B/34C
13.5BWD

First BA on 2/1/12: 800ccs Saline Mentor Mod +Unders, TUBA Incision, 32I(US)

ONLY accepting FRs from ELITE ladies with avi pics and your own albums to share! Thanks for Respecting my Privacy!





Ki11er Barb1e is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Ki11er Barb1e's plastic surgeon is Dr. Hedden
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 08-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
 
StrandedCowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
StrandedCowgirl is on a distinguished road
Isn't lortab Valium? And Valium used for anxiety? I don't think that would work for my pain. I had Hydrocodone (Vicodin). It worked fine but unfortunately causes constipation sooo didn't take it for too long before switching to Tylenol.
__________________
Age: 47
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110
BWD: 11cm
Rib Cage: 26"
Pre-op Size: 36A (deflated)
Post-op Size: 30DDD or 32DD (measured at Nordstrom)
Implant Size: 300cc Silicone, high profile, Mentor
Placement: Under muscle
Surgery Date: July 23, 2012
StrandedCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
Excited for my new girls! October 8th will you hurry up!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 112
Thanks: 12
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
ExoticAngel is on a distinguished road
Well I'm too familiar with the laws and the pain meds in America, but I can say that here in Australia they're also quite strict on handing out any serious pain medication, it all has to go through the government.
Now because f that, doctors an be very skeptical of patients requesting a certain type of pain med especially if you ask by name and dosage.
I have had a few different surgerys (2 cosmetic and 2 broken bone repairs) and need pain meds for all. By my third op I knew that the loretab isn't work beyond that of an aspirin.
I explained to my doctor that due to previous operations my body had built up a resistance and I requested 'endone' which is an opium based pain killer encephalitis the government an strict medical precautions in handing it out. However I found that one tablet will last the full 4 hours and when taken efore bed will give you the best nights rest. It can make you drowsy but I find there are no other side effects you can get from ther meds such as tramoil and panadine forte.
Hope that helps!
__________________
Height: 5'5
Weight: 46kgs (100 pounds)
Pre-Op: 10A (30A)
1st BA: May 6th 2007 - Allergan 335 cc Moderate Profile, Sub muscular and IMF incision. 12C/10D
2nd BA: October 8th 2012 - Allergan TRX 525 cc, Extra High Profile, Sub muscular and IMF incision. Waiting to be sized! Hoping for and E or F
ExoticAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #7
Excited for my new girls! October 8th will you hurry up!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 112
Thanks: 12
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
ExoticAngel is on a distinguished road
Oops meant 'not too familiar'
__________________
Height: 5'5
Weight: 46kgs (100 pounds)
Pre-Op: 10A (30A)
1st BA: May 6th 2007 - Allergan 335 cc Moderate Profile, Sub muscular and IMF incision. 12C/10D
2nd BA: October 8th 2012 - Allergan TRX 525 cc, Extra High Profile, Sub muscular and IMF incision. Waiting to be sized! Hoping for and E or F
ExoticAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki11er Barb1e View Post
I was prescribed the 7.5's and really they only worked about as good as Tylenol for me. But I have a ridiculously high tolerance to any pain meds though. I would think if the meds prescribed to you aren't working your PS would give you something else. You should ask
That's about what it feels to me is that it works like Tylenol. I also have a high tolerance to pain meds. Never really used them very often but it kind of runs in my family, my parents and siblings also have high tolerance . Oh well, I guess I can try it out and if I can't bear it they can call something in. Thanks !!
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #9
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAngel View Post
Well I'm too familiar with the laws and the pain meds in America, but I can say that here in Australia they're also quite strict on handing out any serious pain medication, it all has to go through the government.
Now because f that, doctors an be very skeptical of patients requesting a certain type of pain med especially if you ask by name and dosage.
I have had a few different surgerys (2 cosmetic and 2 broken bone repairs) and need pain meds for all. By my third op I knew that the loretab isn't work beyond that of an aspirin.
I explained to my doctor that due to previous operations my body had built up a resistance and I requested 'endone' which is an opium based pain killer encephalitis the government an strict medical precautions in handing it out. However I found that one tablet will last the full 4 hours and when taken efore bed will give you the best nights rest. It can make you drowsy but I find there are no other side effects you can get from ther meds such as tramoil and panadine forte.
Hope that helps!
Thanks! That's exactly what I'm worried about is sounding like a druggie !! I guess if I am I. Too much pain they might call in something else? I have a high tolerance as well and that's my biggest fear, even with anathesia .
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
 
prstem14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 300
Thanks: 16
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
prstem14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedCowgirl View Post
Isn't lortab Valium? And Valium used for anxiety? I don't think that would work for my pain. I had Hydrocodone (Vicodin). It worked fine but unfortunately causes constipation sooo didn't take it for too long before switching to Tylenol.
No, it is a form of hydrocodone, so it is a narcotic. There are all kinds of forms/combinations of vicodin, so if it doesn't work well for you, I'd let your PS know ahead of time. If you aren't comfortable talking to him about changing your pain meds, then I'd consider taking 2 5mgs at a time to help manage your pain. Also, if you are prescribed muscle relaxers that will help with the pain too, especially in combination with the pain medication.
__________________
BA date: 8/3/12
Age: 34
5'2", 95 lbs
Pre-BA: 32AA (BF 2 babies for over a year, was a C at the end of both of my pregnancies, but it didn't last!)
Post-BA: Ended up with 380cc and so far I'm loving my new girls! Sized at 28F at 2 wks, but because the band size is not common, I'm wearing a 30DD (when I can find it) or a 32D for now. I'm sure my size is still changing!*Please send a note with any FR!
prstem14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prstem14 View Post
No, it is a form of hydrocodone, so it is a narcotic. There are all kinds of forms/combinations of vicodin, so if it doesn't work well for you, I'd let your PS know ahead of time. If you aren't comfortable talking to him about changing your pain meds, then I'd consider taking 2 5mgs at a time to help manage your pain. Also, if you are prescribed muscle relaxers that will help with the pain too, especially in combination with the pain medication.
Thanks ! They did not prescribe me muscle relaxers, is that common? It seems like that would be helpful with the mucsle pain. I will probably call and talk to the nurse about it next week to at least make sure I can take two at a time if they won't prescribe something stronger .
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
 
zoeyjoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 216
Thanks: 31
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
zoeyjoey is on a distinguished road
Lortab is acetaminophen and hydrocodone. The 7.5 and 5 mg tablets might both contain the same amount of acetaminophen. Be sure to check with your PS's office before you take more than one 5 mg tablet at a time because you don't want to accidentally take a larger than recommended dose of acetaminophen.
__________________
5'4" ~135 lbs.
Pre OP: ~34B (wearing the wrong size)
Post PO: 32DD
Allergan Natrelle 15 (mod +) silicone 304cc (L), 339cc (R)
under the muscle, inframammary incision + BL (Benelli)
8/29/12
zoeyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeyjoey View Post
Lortab is acetaminophen and hydrocodone. The 7.5 and 5 mg tablets might both contain the same amount of acetaminophen. Be sure to check with your PS's office before you take more than one 5 mg tablet at a time because you don't want to accidentally take a larger than recommended dose of acetaminophen.
I know that is my biggest worry is keeping track of acetaminophen dosage! Who knew Tylenol could be so dangerous?
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
 
prstem14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 300
Thanks: 16
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
prstem14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeyjoey View Post
Lortab is acetaminophen and hydrocodone. The 7.5 and 5 mg tablets might both contain the same amount of acetaminophen. Be sure to check with your PS's office before you take more than one 5 mg tablet at a time because you don't want to accidentally take a larger than recommended dose of acetaminophen.
Yes, I forgot to mention that you need to make sure you are consuming too much acetaminophen. There is a daily limit that is recommended....not sure the exact amount; might ask your PS.

And in regards to the muscle relaxers, I guess each PS is different, but most girls I know who have had BA's have been prescribed them. They really did help with my discomfort the 1st few days after surgery.
__________________
BA date: 8/3/12
Age: 34
5'2", 95 lbs
Pre-BA: 32AA (BF 2 babies for over a year, was a C at the end of both of my pregnancies, but it didn't last!)
Post-BA: Ended up with 380cc and so far I'm loving my new girls! Sized at 28F at 2 wks, but because the band size is not common, I'm wearing a 30DD (when I can find it) or a 32D for now. I'm sure my size is still changing!*Please send a note with any FR!
prstem14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
Always be YOU-don't try to be me, story ends bad..
 
HottBlondie77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 800
Thanks: 222
Thanked 192 Times in 177 Posts
HottBlondie77 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by alblac2 View Post
My doc prescribes Loratab 7.5 for pain , and since I still had some Loratab 5mg from a neck injury earlier in the summer that pulled up on the report when they checked to see if i had any narcotics. I still have most all of them so she said just to use those for pain. 1 every 4 hours. Personally these Loratab 5's dont even get rid of a headache for backache for me?? I am SUPER scared they won't be strong enough. I was given Loratab 7.5 after giving birth to my daughter and it barely took the edge off. So I am wondering if anyone has been prescribed Loratab and did it work ok to manage pain??

If I request something stronger do you think they would give it to me ?
I am in Kentucky and we have a bunch of new laws b/c of the pill problem in the state. You have to fill out a bunch of paperwork just for them to prescribe you narcotics so the doctors are really careful.
I had the Lortab 7.5. What i found most useful was the Flexerill I got as well as I have unders. I have fairly good pain tolerance as I suspect u would have to as u have given birth I have not. The pain was excruciating. But after a week and when the pain meds were gone I took plain Advil. Im two weeks out and im ok.
Good Luck.
Altho-Dr. Revis would let you substitute is needed. I coulda got something dif.
HottBlondie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
Loving my boobies :D
 
LovelyLady10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 406
Thanks: 4
Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts
LovelyLady10 is on a distinguished road
I have the 10mg and they seem to be working pretty well!! I was having to take them every 3 hours the first two days tho. I couldn't imagine anything less!! Hope all works well with you :)
__________________
H/W: 5"5 125lbs
Pre op: 34C
Post op: 30G/32FF
Implant size:425 hp
Incision: imframmatory
Rib cage: 27"
Bust:38"
Surgery date: August 15


I have public and private albums.
If you want to see them send a FR with message!
*you MUST have your own albums to share too*
LovelyLady10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #17
Laughter is the best gift to life...
 
Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Georgia girl ;)
Posts: 385
Thanks: 729
Thanked 312 Times in 257 Posts
Brit is on a distinguished road
I dont understand why they won't fill the 7.5 mg it's like a completely different medicine since they are different dosages, that doesn't seem right!!!
__________________
age/wt/ht: 32/103/5'0
Breast pre/post op 34b deflated/32 DD
1 son / not b/f
Implant size/shape/incision: mentor saline unders 330 right, 350 left, moderate +, smooth





*please message me when sending FR*
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
 
MissBoobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MissBoobster is an unknown quantity at this point
My sister has a breast aug a year ago and.it worked well for .
MissBoobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
 
alblac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pikeville, Kentucky
Posts: 165
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
I dont understand why they won't fill the 7.5 mg it's like a completely different medicine since they are different dosages, that doesn't seem right!!!
I know . It's all the crazy narcotic laws here in KY ! But I am going to call them this week and see, thanks ; )
alblac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
 
TastefulTatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 82
Thanks: 25
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
TastefulTatas is on a distinguished road
My ps prescribed lortab 7.5. For days 3-5 it was not enough for me. He didn't prescribe a muscle relaxer though, I bet that would have helped. I called the nurse and she told me I could take two 7.5s at a time. I ended up taking one and a half because I was scared I would run out while I was still in pain. Sometimes that wasn't enough either. Zingers still stopped me in my tracks. Not sure there's a painkiller out there that would take those away though. I had them so bad from days 3-5.
__________________

Surgery Date: August 8,2012!
Weight: 128
Height: 5ft 5in
Bwd: left 11 right 11.5
*Mentor CPG Implant | Sub-Muscular | Crease Incision*
295CC Left/ 330CC Right
Pre Op: 32A/B
Post Op: 32 DDD at VS
Avatar pic is 12 days po

TastefulTatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
JustBreastImplants - Breast Augmentation Patient Education Resource - 2001 - 2011