Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums

Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   General Breast Augmentation Discussion (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/)
-   -   Revision Swelling?! (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/238530-revision-swelling.html)

mintkitten 07-27-2013 04:05 PM

Revision Swelling?!

Hi ladies! I had a revision for lateral displacement a little over 2 weeks ago. I went up 50 ccs in my right and 75 ccs in my left. Before I had my second surgery I thought that I wouldn't mind them being a tiny bit fuller. Today I'm kind of freaking out and feel like they look huge! Do you think this is swelling? I've heard mixed things that some girls get swelling from a revision and some are pretty much true to size immediately post op. Will they drop and settle or is this how they are going to be? Please tell me your experiences with revision swelling and healing I really need to calm my anxiety!

Thank you!

SoccerGirl07 07-27-2013 05:42 PM

Since u had pocket repair I'm sure its swelling due to that. 50 CCs is like the size of two shot glasses, so not much.

LUVNFL 07-27-2013 06:52 PM

I had plenty of swelling after my revision that lasted prob about a month. As long as there's no pain I wouldn't b concerned. But never feel like u cant contact ur PS if u are. He should be there to address any concern u may have no matter how far postop u are.

RunningMom12 07-27-2013 07:39 PM

I had my revision 5 days ago and went up 100cc in each. What hurts me is the cleavage area. My old BA didn't give me much cleavage, so I wanted my breasts brought closer together. Can you say, "ouch"? It's where most of my pain is at.

I know my cleavage and boobs are swollen. I'm also swollen on my sides (under my armpits). I called my PS and he said it was normal to have this swelling. I'm hoping it goes away soon :-(

mintkitten 07-27-2013 10:18 PM

Thank you ladies I appreciate the support.

Soccer girl I only had pocket repair in my right breast but maybe there is swelling in both anyways?

LUV thank you its nice to know that someone else experienced swelling from their revision for at least a month. Hopefully mine will go down more as the weeks go by. Thanks for the advice I would contact my ps but he is currently on vacay. I'm going to see him at the end of the week once he is back in town so I will definitely ask him about it then. How much did you go down in size once the swelling subsided?

Running Mom congrats on your recent revision. Sorry to hear you are in pain. You should be feeling much better by the second week. I think I started driving again after about a week. Feel better soon.

LUVNFL 07-28-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mintkitten (Post 2351674)
Thank you ladies I appreciate the support.

Soccer girl I only had pocket repair in my right breast but maybe there is swelling in both anyways?

LUV thank you its nice to know that someone else experienced swelling from their revision for at least a month. Hopefully mine will go down more as the weeks go by. Thanks for the advice I would contact my ps but he is currently on vacay. I'm going to see him at the end of the week once he is back in town so I will definitely ask him about it then. How much did you go down in size once the swelling subsided?

Running Mom congrats on your recent revision. Sorry to hear you are in pain. You should be feeling much better by the second week. I think I started driving again after about a week. Feel better soon.

Once all my swelling was down and all was settled I went from a G cup to more like an E/F but all girls heal differently. While some may go down with the subsiding of swelling some go up in size if they have a lot of 'fluffing' in the drop and fluff department. You just really never know.

mintkitten 07-30-2013 12:50 AM

Has anyone else experienced losing volume due to swelling and dropping after a revision with a minimal size increase? I would love to hear from more ladies about their revision recovery experiences and how their breasts changed after a second surgery.

redrose1 07-30-2013 05:05 AM

I had to revisions. Both times they were simple implant exchanges, 200 CC first time, easy recovery ! recent was saline to silicone and that was also easy recovery. minimal swelling and my left was perfect immediately, my right was a little square of the bottom for a few weeks. ith both revisions it was the incision that took time to heal. I did my bra fitting at one week and those bra's were the right size,

mintkitten 07-30-2013 05:50 PM

Thanks Redrose for sharing your experience. I'm still hoping that mine will shrink a little bit...I had no idea 50ccs would make such a huge difference. Ug I keep thinking that I shouldn't have gone up in size at all. I feel like except the complications the size of my first BA was much more natural looking.

redrose1 07-30-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mintkitten (Post 2354470)
Thanks Redrose for sharing your experience. I'm still hoping that mine will shrink a little bit...I had no idea 50ccs would make such a huge difference. Ug I keep thinking that I shouldn't have gone up in size at all. I feel like except the complications the size of my first BA was much more natural looking.

I think as you settle and heal you will find that the 50 CC is not much of a difference ! best wishes.