Find a board certified breast augmentation specialist in your zip code:

JustBreastImplants.com. Breast augmentation resource center

 

Go Back   Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums > General Breast Augmentation Discussion
JustBreastImplants.com Locate a Surgeon Photo Gallery Risks Size Info Consult Info Breast Implants Incision Placement Rules/Etiquette

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Joining the military with implants?

I was wondering if anyone on here joined any branch of military after they got implants?

I am looking to joing the air national guard, and i would have to go through bootcamp for the 8 weeks, so im not sure how that would work. I haven't told the recruiter, yet, i kind of just wanted to get some opinions.
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 39 Posts
MJ21 is on a distinguished road
Not sure how that would work but just wanted to say thanks for your interest in serving our country
MJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ21 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: tipp city ohio
Posts: 85
Thanks: 8
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
sonneysmom is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. I would be interested in hearing the answer to this one too.
__________________
Before ba 34 A
400ccs saline unders
Ba date Aug 12 2008
hoping for 34 full C baby D
Big D would be great though
sonneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ21 View Post
Not sure how that would work but just wanted to say thanks for your interest in serving our country
thanks... its something i always regret not doing when i got out of high school. I chickened out, but recently i think about it more and more, and the Air National Guard is perfect for my situation because i am not automatically going to be gone for years at a time like other branches.

although i am still considering airforce...
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yonkers NY
Posts: 84
Thanks: 56
Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Bella2215 is on a distinguished road
We are in the same boat....I am joining the army and i am going to get my implants next week....i am petrified that they are going to burst during my 9 weeks of basic training...I would love to see the repsonses on this one~
Bella2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Bella2215's plastic surgeon is Dr. Walden
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
The Following User Says Thank You to Bella2215 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
 
Freckledfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maui Hawaii
Posts: 225
Thanks: 254
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Freckledfool is on a distinguished road
I think so long as you can do PT and tons of push ups ( manly upper body strength) you should be fine. do let your recruiter know ASAP. When I was in the ARMY ( full time) I didn't have my girls. But it is a grueling 9 weeks of basic. tons of running, jumping, low crawl, high crawl, obstacle courses all that sorta of good fun. Honestly, the ARMY was one of my best decisions ever ( 2nd to my BA that is! lol). Good Luck!
Freckledfool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freckledfool For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 192
Thanks: 85
Thanked 80 Times in 63 Posts
AllyKat8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by star9151 View Post
I was wondering if anyone on here joined any branch of military after they got implants?

I am looking to joing the air national guard, and i would have to go through bootcamp for the 8 weeks, so im not sure how that would work. I haven't told the recruiter, yet, i kind of just wanted to get some opinions.
I've been in the Marine Corps for 6 years and just got my implants last month. I took 2 weeks leave and now i'm good to go.

If you do get implants prior to service, you DO NOT have to tell your recruiter about them. I also do NOT reccomend telling your recruiter either. For the sole purpose that you do not want to be treated differently!

Just...if you get saline and for whatever reason had a leak during training, you would have to wait until that was complete to get it fixed. Good thing is -saline leaks will cause no harm to your body.

Once you heal, it's like you were born w/them. It wont affect your preformance any.

If you plan on going BIG - D - DD, I personally would not reccomend going in that big. For several reasons...but if you want to chat more about that message me!!!
AllyKat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
AllyKat8's plastic surgeon is Dr. DeWire
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllyKat8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: soon to be back to, 29 Palms
Posts: 47
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
wls1700 is on a distinguished road
My hubby is a Marine and my friend just joined the Navy, my friend was (jokingly) telling me I couldn't join the military now after my BA because you aren't supposed to have an invasive surgery. I don't think you have to tell the recruiter though lol.
wls1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wls1700 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #9
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckledfool View Post
i think so long as you can do pt and tons of push ups ( manly upper body strength) you should be fine. Do let your recruiter know asap. When i was in the army ( full time) i didn't have my girls. But it is a grueling 9 weeks of basic. Tons of running, jumping, low crawl, high crawl, obstacle courses all that sorta of good fun. Honestly, the army was one of my best decisions ever ( 2nd to my ba that is! Lol). Good luck!
aw im glad to hear that it was one of your best decisions.. My dad says the same thing about his decision to go to the marines. I need to hear positive things about it so i dont chicken out again, but im like 98% positive that i will be enlisting this time. It just feels right this time.
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to star9151 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 192
Thanks: 85
Thanked 80 Times in 63 Posts
AllyKat8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wls1700 View Post
My hubby is a Marine and my friend just joined the Navy, my friend was (jokingly) telling me I couldn't join the military now after my BA because you aren't supposed to have an invasive surgery. I don't think you have to tell the recruiter though lol.
Yes you can still join. And once you are in you rate 1 "cosmetic" surgery at the military expense. You just have to prove that what ever you want "fixed" effects your self esteem. I know a few gals who have had their BA through the military.

I didn't do that b/c I wanted De. DeWire as my surgeron and I wouldnt have had anyone else! PLUS - i didnt want my office knowing b/c I am the ONLY girl in my entire shop!
AllyKat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
AllyKat8's plastic surgeon is Dr. DeWire
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
DOCTOR PROFILE
VISIT WEBSITE
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: soon to be back to, 29 Palms
Posts: 47
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
wls1700 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyKat8 View Post
Yes you can still join. And once you are in you rate 1 "cosmetic" surgery at the military expense. You just have to prove that what ever you want "fixed" effects your self esteem. I know a few gals who have had their BA through the military.

I didn't do that b/c I wanted De. DeWire as my surgeron and I wouldnt have had anyone else! PLUS - i didnt want my office knowing b/c I am the ONLY girl in my entire shop!

Oh ok, yeah I wasn't sure if that was right but that's what he said. I've heard about that too, but I figured it would be too much of a hassle. You can only use military doctors right? My friend told me Tricare would pay for the surgery, just not the implants- if that's true she's probably talking about what you're referring to..
wls1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #12
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 93
Thanks: 38
Thanked 50 Times in 48 Posts
ms. gixxerman11 is on a distinguished road
hey! My name is Bailey and I am in ROTC now so when I graduate from nursing school in 2 years I will be going into th navy as an officer... i am having my BA dec 12 and was told i would be good to go back to pt in the middle of january.
i was also really worried about this because i know that there is much training involved etc. my PS told me yesterday that I would be fine.. playing football, training, kickboxing etx. the implants come witha warranty and if they were to burst, the implant manufacturer replaces the implant free.

good luck to you.

God bless
ms. gixxerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ms. gixxerman11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #13
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 329 Times in 252 Posts
tabby15208 will become famous soon enoughtabby15208 will become famous soon enough
Being Army National Guard, I could insert the obvious joke about how the Air Guard doesn't do anything for PT except ride an exercise bike, so you'll be fine...That exercise bike thing is an ongoing joke between AF and AR if you didn't know...

Anyway, I've been in the ARNG for almost 10 years so my basic days are far in the past...Army basic, you do push-ups like every 10 seconds...ok maybe not that often, but every time someone in your platoon does something stupid- which is often. I would make sure you tell the doctor and discuss the training you'll be attending and see what PS thinks. You should be healed for a few months before you head out for that type of training.

I'm contemplating overs, just because with the push-ups I don't want any problems. JMO- not based on the "reccomendation" of a surgeon- I haven't even had my first consult yet.


As for telling the recruiter...I don't think it's a big deal. As a medic, what they are looking for is osteo stuff...things like knee surgery or something that would possibly come back to give you problems while in the military. (Of course boobs can do that too, but not to the extent that you can't perform your job!)

I'm still not sure about the showering with other girls part...Hmmm...everyone knows I have like 15% body fat and I'm flat now, so when I roll into Annual training with some C/D breasts, it will certainly be noticed!!! Why did I have to pick a profession where you shower with your coworkers?

PS...I wouldn't worry about that too much in Basic, ladies...your showers will be so short you'll barely have time to lather, let alone check out boobs!

I'm far from a recruiter, but let me know if you have any other questions about joining or what basic is like, etc. Good luck!
tabby15208 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tabby15208 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 329 Times in 252 Posts
tabby15208 will become famous soon enoughtabby15208 will become famous soon enough
I also have this fear of getting them done before I deploy...and then getting into an accident or something in Iraq and having one deflate...doesn't seem likely that anyone will care enough to give me leave for such an "emergency", so I'll have to "soldier on" through the deployment with one big boob and one little boob!
tabby15208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #15
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. gixxerman11 View Post
hey! My name is Bailey and I am in ROTC now so when I graduate from nursing school in 2 years I will be going into th navy as an officer... i am having my BA dec 12 and was told i would be good to go back to pt in the middle of january.
i was also really worried about this because i know that there is much training involved etc. my PS told me yesterday that I would be fine.. playing football, training, kickboxing etx. the implants come witha warranty and if they were to burst, the implant manufacturer replaces the implant free.

good luck to you.

God bless
Ok good to hear others are in the same boat!
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #16
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby15208 View Post
Being Army National Guard, I could insert the obvious joke about how the Air Guard doesn't do anything for PT except ride an exercise bike, so you'll be fine...That exercise bike thing is an ongoing joke between AF and AR if you didn't know...

Anyway, I've been in the ARNG for almost 10 years so my basic days are far in the past...Army basic, you do push-ups like every 10 seconds...ok maybe not that often, but every time someone in your platoon does something stupid- which is often. I would make sure you tell the doctor and discuss the training you'll be attending and see what PS thinks. You should be healed for a few months before you head out for that type of training.

I'm contemplating overs, just because with the push-ups I don't want any problems. JMO- not based on the "reccomendation" of a surgeon- I haven't even had my first consult yet.


As for telling the recruiter...I don't think it's a big deal. As a medic, what they are looking for is osteo stuff...things like knee surgery or something that would possibly come back to give you problems while in the military. (Of course boobs can do that too, but not to the extent that you can't perform your job!)

I'm still not sure about the showering with other girls part...Hmmm...everyone knows I have like 15% body fat and I'm flat now, so when I roll into Annual training with some C/D breasts, it will certainly be noticed!!! Why did I have to pick a profession where you shower with your coworkers?

PS...I wouldn't worry about that too much in Basic, ladies...your showers will be so short you'll barely have time to lather, let alone check out boobs!

I'm far from a recruiter, but let me know if you have any other questions about joining or what basic is like, etc. Good luck!


I had a feeling i would get a joke or two, lol. im obviously not joining the hardest branch to join, lol.
Im skared of the whole push up thing, thats pretty much my main concern. And like you, i've thought about it popping,lol, and me having nothing i can do about it!skary! maybe i would throw myself on the floor and pop the other one so would be even, lol. I have a million questions about basic and joining, but im not an elite member on here, so i cant send personal messeges!
Im going to take my phsysical next week, and re-take my asvab since its been like 3 years since i took it in high school. So i guess i shouldn't tell them?? I need to get my doctors opinion this week too.
Oh, and taking showers with the other girls, i never thought about that, im super embarressed as it is when people see me when im in a bathing suit, so i guess ill have to get over that. ha
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 329 Times in 252 Posts
tabby15208 will become famous soon enoughtabby15208 will become famous soon enough
I would talk to PS and see what he/she says. I don't know if they "need" to know...but if you do tell them, HIPPA privacy applies to the military as well...People can't go around discussing what's in your medical records. In fact, ideally no one should really be seeing those records except those who need to like your docs and maybe your readiness NCO.

Every year or so you'll do medical screening for the Guard, you answer a bunch of questions about your health the previous year. We used to do physicals every 5 years but they've phased that out.

Basic is prob different for AF than it is for Army, but there are probably tons of things that are the "same." We did 9 weeks... 10 if you count "reception" which is a week where you basically stand in line...you get your issue, your gear, do immunizations, all kinds of stuff. Then you get shipped to your actual company and training starts.

If you can just "fly under the radar" that's best, IMO. It's fairly easy to suceed if you are in good shape going in, you have a good attitude and you follow instructions well.

Physically, we did PT every morning, running, pushups, different aerobics...road marches are big in the Army, marching around the woods with all your gear. We also did obstacle courses every so often and cool things like teamwork obstacle courses too!

The shower thing is creepy, but in Basic we were so gross by the time we got to shower no one cared. In AIT (I believe it is "tech school" in the AF) we doubled up on showers because there were so many of us!

I went to San Antonio TX for AIT, I know there's an AF post down there, is that where you are going? It's AWESOME. I LOVE San Antonio!!!!

Implants are supposed to be able to hold up under the most intense of conditions, so I suppose we will be allright! It still makes me nervous though, and I might even postpone getting the implants until i come back from Iraq!

tabby15208 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tabby15208 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #18
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby15208 View Post
I would talk to PS and see what he/she says. I don't know if they "need" to know...but if you do tell them, HIPPA privacy applies to the military as well...People can't go around discussing what's in your medical records. In fact, ideally no one should really be seeing those records except those who need to like your docs and maybe your readiness NCO.

Every year or so you'll do medical screening for the Guard, you answer a bunch of questions about your health the previous year. We used to do physicals every 5 years but they've phased that out.

Basic is prob different for AF than it is for Army, but there are probably tons of things that are the "same." We did 9 weeks... 10 if you count "reception" which is a week where you basically stand in line...you get your issue, your gear, do immunizations, all kinds of stuff. Then you get shipped to your actual company and training starts.

If you can just "fly under the radar" that's best, IMO. It's fairly easy to suceed if you are in good shape going in, you have a good attitude and you follow instructions well.

Physically, we did PT every morning, running, pushups, different aerobics...road marches are big in the Army, marching around the woods with all your gear. We also did obstacle courses every so often and cool things like teamwork obstacle courses too!

The shower thing is creepy, but in Basic we were so gross by the time we got to shower no one cared. In AIT (I believe it is "tech school" in the AF) we doubled up on showers because there were so many of us!

I went to San Antonio TX for AIT, I know there's an AF post down there, is that where you are going? It's AWESOME. I LOVE San Antonio!!!!

Implants are supposed to be able to hold up under the most intense of conditions, so I suppose we will be allright! It still makes me nervous though, and I might even postpone getting the implants until i come back from Iraq!


Thanks again for all the info! I logged back on and i was an ELITE MEMBER now! yayyy!!! lol. So i will be asking you if i have more questions!
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #19
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 329 Times in 252 Posts
tabby15208 will become famous soon enoughtabby15208 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by star9151 View Post
Thanks again for all the info! I logged back on and i was an ELITE MEMBER now! yayyy!!! lol. So i will be asking you if i have more questions!
Isn't that, like, the best moment ever???? The moment you realize, "Ah, I'm elite!"
tabby15208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tracy california
Posts: 87
Thanks: 59
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
star9151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby15208 View Post
Isn't that, like, the best moment ever???? The moment you realize, "Ah, I'm elite!"
yes, im not gonna lie, i was really excited at my desk at work smiling, hahaha... like "yes finally! I never thought i would make it"
star9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
JustBreastImplants - Breast Augmentation Patient Education Resource - 2001 - 2011