Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums

Breast Augmentation, Breast Implants, and Plastic Surgeons Forums (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   General Breast Augmentation Discussion (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/)
-   -   Are you waiting 10 years for replacement? (http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/51745-you-waiting-10-years-replacement.html)

Valerie Vegas 04-10-2009 10:53 AM

Are you waiting 10 years for replacement?

You know how they say you are supposed to get your implants replaced in 10 years? Are any of you planning on waiting that long??

I reallly want to get them replaced in 5 years just so I can get silicone.

JessTX 04-10-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie Vegas (Post 597190)
You know how they say you are supposed to get your implants replaced in 10 years? Are any of you planning on waiting that long??

I reallly want to get them replaced in 5 years just so I can get silicone.

That statement is not a hard and fast rule, it is merely a guideline to give an expectation time line. However, if they are not broken there is no need to fix em. I had my last implants for 18 years with no rupture or rippling. There are ladies who have had their implants for 30+ years. There is absolutely no reason to replace your implants every 10 years unless you wish to change their size or due to complications of some sort.

Tatarxox 04-10-2009 12:48 PM

I get if they are not broke, no need to replace them. My question is, if Mentor recommends replacing the implants every 10 yrs and we don't, does this somehow null and void the warranty? I bought the Extended Warranty, but it would kind of make sense that if the company recommends changing them and you don't than this would get them in the clear for any default in rupture beyond the 10 yr span. Can anyone answer this?

Petite_girl 04-10-2009 12:49 PM

I wont replace them unless something happens to them, so if it aint broke..

kdenon01 04-10-2009 02:47 PM

I won't be replacing mine unless I absolutely HAVE to.

CLech 04-10-2009 03:27 PM

It not a set rule that you have to get them replaced in 10 years, just FYI.
If I have no complications I will wait as long as possible, I think. I'm getting saline and planning on getting silicone later. But if you don't have complications why mess with a good thing. Also, not sure if you know this, but you can get any complication during any BA surgery. If you didn't get any the first time around does not gaureentee that you won't get any on the 2nd, 3rd etc!

Gypsyrose 04-10-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatarxox (Post 597285)
I get if they are not broke, no need to replace them. My question is, if Mentor recommends replacing the implants every 10 yrs and we don't, does this somehow null and void the warranty? I bought the Extended Warranty, but it would kind of make sense that if the company recommends changing them and you don't than this would get them in the clear for any default in rupture beyond the 10 yr span. Can anyone answer this?

The warranty is only for the first 10 years... I believe that is why the PSs say 10 years...:)

iitstarababy 04-10-2009 04:13 PM

Yeah i heard this 10 yr replace rumor and asked my PS about it. He said he would never replace implants just because there old that implants can last a good 20..25 years which i hope ^_^ but yeah i think you would like silicone a hell of a lot better.

modern_illusion 04-10-2009 05:22 PM

I also asked my PS about having to replace them and his words were, "If it's not broken, we don't have to fix it"

I figure I'll get mine redone in about 10 years anyways, when I'm done having kids - and then I will get 500s :D :D

*Sparkles* 04-10-2009 05:25 PM

No...I'm not waiting 10 years because I know I'll need a lift before then..only because I plan on children soon and once I'm done with children...i'll get a lift and a little bigger boobies :D ~ but it'll prob end up being 6-7 years... after that time, I won't do anything unless need be such as a complication, etc....

Petite_girl 04-11-2009 06:21 AM

I have a lifetime guarentee on mine :)

hopefornew 04-11-2009 06:30 AM

As someone who is going through a really serious complication right now (symmastia) and considering the money/pain/emotional damage a complication can cause. . . I wouldnt care whether or not my warranty expired in ten years - I would rather be healthy with complication free boobs than have to pay a little more if one of my boobs does deflate after ten years. The warranty is only for deflation and doesnt cover everything so . . its really not that great and def not worth the risk of a potential complication arising in a surgery you have just to get them replaced because of the warranty, you know??

MysticPurple 04-11-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatarxox (Post 597285)

This is a very good question and I would like to know the answer to it too!

neats59 04-11-2009 11:10 AM

I won't replace mine either unless something happens to them. In 10 years I will be freaking 60 and who cares by then. I hope to take these to my grave. I just hope they still look good in 10 years. I wish I would have gotten them in my 30's but better late than NEVER!!!!!

Heidi_B 04-11-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neats59 (Post 598119)
I won't replace mine either unless something happens to them. In 10 years I will be freaking 60 and who cares by then. I hope to take these to my grave. I just hope they still look good in 10 years. I wish I would have gotten them in my 30's but better late than NEVER!!!!!

I would think i might go bigger in a 10 years but wont if it aint broken i tend not to fix it..
heidi