Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Anatomical & Shaped Implants

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anatomical & Shaped Implants This forum is for the discussion of Anatomical and shaped breast implants, specific surgical techniques, sizing needs, and post operative concerns.

Anatomical vs round

Old 11-04-2021, 06:50 PM

Chlo4444 is on a distinguished road
Anatomical vs round

Iíve wanted anatomical for the past two years but now Iím close to booking my surgery Iím questioning my decision?
Will anatomical give me the cleavage I want or would round be best for that?
I think anatomical look a lot more natural but I know itís down to each individual I just donít want them to look too slopey if that makes sense??
Old 11-05-2021, 08:04 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chlo4444 View Post
Iíve wanted anatomical for the past two years but now Iím close to booking my surgery Iím questioning my decision?
Will anatomical give me the cleavage I want or would round be best for that?
I think anatomical look a lot more natural but I know itís down to each individual I just donít want them to look too slopey if that makes sense??
Slopey! I like that word. ;-)

As mentioned in my reply HERE to your other post, anatomical is not used often. They come with some unique risks, in that the implant can twist itself around in the chest. In that case, the fat side gets upside down, leaving the breast mound looking very odd. It then requires another surgery to repair.

The round is definitely the way to go to avoid "slopey." Round produces more of the upright perky "fake look," as its affectionately called. But at the size you mentioned (240cc) in your other post, I wouldn't be worried about looking too fake, if that's a concern for you; 240 is fairly modest and can still appear quite un-fake to casual passersby. Round may actually be slightly better for cleavage, since it produces projection its full length top-to-bottom, whereas the anatomical is going to produce the most projection (i.e., cleavage) near the bottom at the fattest part of the implant. Round is also going to produce more upper pole (upper portion of the breast mound) fullness; not so much with anatomical.