Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. David Kim

3 months post op. What is the cause of this?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Boobalicious

ProudMommy is on a distinguished road
Question 3 months post op. What is the cause of this?

Hello Dr Kim!
I would like to get your professional opinion on this. I had my BA July 18th 2012 and I think at about 5 weeks I started noticing my left breast being lower than the right one. Also when I bend over I can feel the edges of the implant on the bottom of my breast. I started with an A cup (I've had 2 kids, one breastfed for 4 months) and prior to surgery my PS mentioned that my left was a little bigger than the right but he will put in the same amount of CCs in both breasts as the difference of the size is not that noticable..(which to me Now it is) I am 5'6, 114lbs and I have 450CCs Mentor Silicone.

Is my left bottoming out/Latteral Displacement or is it my anathomy? Will going bigger be an option to fix it or to use permanent internal sutures? And how can the asimmetry in the size be fixed?
I am wearing an underwire bra 24/7 to prevent the left breast from worsening.

Big Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3months comparison.JPG (12.6 KB, 85 views)
sides 3 months.JPG (20.6 KB, 81 views)
3months.JPG (11.5 KB, 112 views)
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
It does look like the left breast is sitting lower than the right and slightly more lateral. I'm not sure why it's like this because there are several possibilities. A photo from right after surgery would give me a better idea. 1. It could be partially from your anatomy. 2.The right breast may have a bit of capsular contracture. 3. the pocket may have been made lower on that side 4. the implant may have dropped lower on that side from having a thinner capsule or you may be a side sleeper that sleeps mostly on the left side. There are so many reasons why an implant may shift and most of them have nothing to do with the surgeon but it's just how they heal sometimes. But the good news is depending on the cause there is a solution. They aren't that bad right now so I would wait and let them heal and see what they look like in a few months.

ProudMommy likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. David Kim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Boobalicious

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do have a picture right out of surgery but its not the best..One thing that I noticed right out of surgery up until today the scar on my left one is higher than the right one. The right one is right in the fold but the left one is about 1/2 inch higher so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it..

The first picture is right out of surgery(your right is my left). The second one is day 5 and the 3d is 1 week post op.

Thank you Dr Kim!
Have a good weekend
Attached Images
1 day.JPG (39.0 KB, 61 views)
dayy5 (2).jpg (35.3 KB, 74 views)
1weekk.jpg (39.7 KB, 70 views)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Boobalicious

I also made this for you so you can see how they progressed in the first 4 weeks.

Thanks once again!!
Attached Images
progress.jpg (23.0 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Certified by the ABPS

So they look pretty even after surgery and four weeks out. So either the right breast scar tissue is a little thicker or stronger or maybe you are spending more time on your left side when you sleep causing the implant to drift down and lateral on that side. If it bothers you, you would have to go in and put internal sutures to elevate the crease and bring to pocket in a more centered position.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Boobalicious

Thank you so much for your responses! I think you're right because I do find myself sleeping more on my left side..
Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Boobalicious

Question

Hi Dr Kim

I wanted to advice with you. I saw my PS today and he said that he will put me under local, numb the area, lift the implant up and put stiches in order to match the right breast.
Is this procedure this straight forward to done under local? He also said recovery time is nothing compare to a breast augmentation surgery so I will need help with my kids( 2 y/o and almost 1y/o) for a few days..

I'm not sure what I am in for and If I should be prepared for a lot of pain or no pain or just ask to be put fully under. Also he will use dissolvable stiches. Are the chances very high of the problem re-occuring again? I really don't know if it'll be worth going thru this and the problem to re-occur..

THANKS!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Certified by the ABPS

I suppose it could be done under local. I don't think there are that many nerves in the area for the suturing. I don't do it that way myself but I think it could be done. I have used both dissolvable and permanent sutures. You can have good results either way.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Boobalicious

Great thank you once again!

Have a good weekend