Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Are larger implants more prone to complications?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I will be the girl of every man's dream.

Porcelain has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Are larger implants more prone to complications?

Hey Dr. Kim,
I notice that there aren't many surgeons who perform XL breast augmentations (600cc or more) on small patients like myself. Do you think they are more prone to complications? Also, what is the largest breast augmentation you've done on a small patient?

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
Larger implants are heavier and therefore can have problems with shifting more often than smaller implants. Also, you would have a higher chance for rippling. If you did develop some capsular contracture it would be more noticeable with the larger implants. Having said that the most common thing patients complain about afterwards is not being large enough. So if you go in knowing that these problems are possible and feel getting the size you want is the most important thing I would say do it. If you want to lower your chances of these problems then don't do it so large.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. David Kim For This Useful Post: