Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BreakingGood

Asians have tighter skin?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 AM

BreakingGood is on a distinguished road
Asians have tighter skin?

Hi Dr.Kim,

I love your work and it looks like you've worked with quite a number of Asian women. I went on a consult recently and the PS told me that he usually pushes for a few extra ccs with Asian girls because we have tighter skin.

Do you agree with this?

Thanks Dr. Kim!

mjau likes this.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
Pushes for a few extra cc's cause you have tighter skin? Well, maybe he means with tight skin it's hard to get the size you want because the skin won't stretch so he tries to add a few more cc's? But not all asians have tight skin. I think the correct amount of cc's is whatever cc's will get you to the size you want. Sounds pretty simple right. You don't need extra just cause you have tight skin.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM

BreakingGood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr. David Kim View Post
Pushes for a few extra cc's cause you have tighter skin? Well, maybe he means with tight skin it's hard to get the size you want because the skin won't stretch so he tries to add a few more cc's? But not all asians have tight skin. I think the correct amount of cc's is whatever cc's will get you to the size you want. Sounds pretty simple right. You don't need extra just cause you have tight skin.
You are correct, he meant that our skin won't stretch as well and implants will appear smaller than planned.

Is there a way to find out if you have tight skin or tight chest muscles prior to surgery? Thanks Dr. Kim!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
I don't really think anyone's chest muscle are tighter. Some may have bigger more developed muscles. You just have to know how to loosen the muscles properly. As for the skin it's really just by feeling and seeing how much it stretches when you pull on the breasts a little. What I meant with my last reply was that if you need say 375 cc's for a full cc then that's what you need for a full c. It's not like you squeeze in extra. But if your skin is tight then it may be more difficult to get that 375 cc's in and afterwards the breasts will appear more tight. Slowly the skin should stretch and drop and look more full at the bottom as they drop. How fast they drop and how well they drop will depend on what type of capsule forms around the implant.