Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThatOneGirl

Advice & Other Random Things

Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Scared but Determined

ThatOneGirl is on a distinguished road
Smile Advice & Other Random Things

Hello Dr. Kim,

I have been researching for some time and have seemed to settle on your work. I have a couple of questions regarding BA and the fact that I live in the state of Washington. Here are some questions (sorry they are in list form):

Being that I will need to travel to obtain your services, are there any affiliated Dr. office's in Washington for post-op exams or check-ups?

I am African American (AA) and I hear that we scar more severely than other races, is this the case? I would love to have minimal scaring if any and would like your opinion on incision options. Also, do you practice areola reduction size? I am already a 32D (according to VS), and my areola are large in my opinion.

What are the general recovery time period for most of your patients? I do not have children to look after and don't imagine I will be lifting more than groceries (which can be quite heavy actually) and I live alone. I will need to return to work but luckily I do have a desk position.

What is your general suggestion for the actual implants, saline or silicone? I was leaning towards silicone only because I understand they have less likelihood of rippling. What are the risks in "double bubble" and "capsular contracture" in AA women?

What is the general financial obligation for silicone vs. saline? I don't believe I need a lift at all, under the muscle is preferred, and the less scaring the better.

Thank you Thank you for reading my long questions. I really appreciate your site and work. You seem to be a phenomenal doctor!

ThatOneGirl

BKBA likes this.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
Hello,

Most patients from out of state will stay in town for about a week. I do perform areola reductions but the scar would of course have to be around the areola and would be more visible. African americans tend scar more than lighter skinned people however the areola scar usually heals well. And if you did saline you could do the umbilical approach. Silicone will have a more natural feel and less rippling but if your breasts are already large you could do saline and they should still feel pretty good with not much rippling. If you like you could e-mail me photos and I could give you pricing from my regular e-mail.

Dr .Kim