Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

1/2 Korean and worried about symmastia

Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 PM

missmimmy is on a distinguished road
1/2 Korean and worried about symmastia

Dr.kim
I'm 1/2 Korean 1/2 Scottish and a small part on my right breast cleavage line appears to have moved closer to my left breast cleavage line. I'm scared its symmastia starting. I'm 2 months PO and went with 600cc mod profile. I'm worried my 28in ribcage and Asian decent puts me at risk. I also feel like I have too much upper pole. Do you think I need to downsize? Or lower my creases? Or go with HP? or all of the above? I know 600cc are large but i still wanted a more natural shape with a slope and lower pole fullness. My PS hates HP said they will not have a natural shape so I went with Mods that look much too wide and high on me. How can I reduce the upper pole fullness and reduce risk of symnastia. I want to schedule a consult with you, but do you think I should wait til I'm 6 months PO? my PS seems annoyed and keeps telling me to be patient and wait til they completely settle. But they are so soft that it feels like they are settled already.

I have your email. Should I email you pictures?

Anxiously waiting to hear from you. Thanks for your time!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
600 cc mod sounds kind of wide for you. The answer is you can't always have it both ways. You can't have a real natural shaped implant and go reallly large if you are a petitie girl. But the high profiles in the larger sizes actually don't look that fake or round. What happens in the bigger sizes is that the moderate profiles tend to look too flat. So high profile, if they seem too wide is probably the way to go. There is also mod plus, but it seems like you are thin and would be better off with high profile. But send photos if you like, I would have a better idea if I could see them. I would wait a few months before doing any revision. I'm sure your surgeon was just trying to deliver what you wanted. So don't over analyse them so much and try to be patient.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. David Kim View Post
600 cc mod sounds kind of wide for you. The answer is you can't always have it both ways. You can't have a real natural shaped implant and go reallly large if you are a petitie girl. But the high profiles in the larger sizes actually don't look that fake or round. What happens in the bigger sizes is that the moderate profiles tend to look too flat. So high profile, if they seem too wide is probably the way to go. There is also mod plus, but it seems like you are thin and would be better off with high profile. But send photos if you like, I would have a better idea if I could see them. I would wait a few months before doing any revision. I'm sure your surgeon was just trying to deliver what you wanted. So don't over analyse them so much and try to be patient.
Thanks for your response. This forum didn't notify me when you responded but it does when girls respond to other threads. Anyways, just got your reply. I will wait until November them schedule a consult with you. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 PM

If I did have my mod 600 exchanged for 500 HP or 500 mod+ would I potentially need a lift or pocket work? I was hoping for a quick and easy size swap. Also is a 100cc and profile change even a noticeable difference? I'm also nervous about going into my nipples a 3rd time. I still don't have kids, but I want some eventually. I'm worried the more my nipples are worked on, the harder breast feeding will be.

Maybe I just need to email you pictures
Old 08-15-2013, 10:13 PM

If I did have my mod 600 exchanged for 500 HP or 500 mod+ would I potentially need a lift or pocket work? I was hoping for a quick and easy size swap. Also is a 100cc and profile change even a noticeable difference? I'm also nervous about going into my nipples a 3rd time. I still don't have kids, but I want some eventually. I'm worried the more my nipples are worked on, the harder breast feeding will be.

Maybe I just need to email you pictures