Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dr. David Kim
  • 1 Post By Dr. David Kim

BA scarring in Asian patients

Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM
3 months post-op 397cc mod+, round, silicone, crease

FilipinaGirl is on a distinguished road
Smile BA scarring in Asian patients

Hi Dr Kim,

I'm Filipino and am worried about scarring. I'm hoping to get 325 or 350cc silicone round smooth implants moderate-plus profile.

What's the best procedure that you would use to ensure the LEAST amount of scarring?

Trans-ax or under-fold or through the areola ? Can you insert the type of implants I'm after through the bellybutton?

Thank you for your time Dr Kim
Old 09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
I think for asians the areola incision is good because sometimes asian skin will scar dark or thick. And a dark or thick scar in the crease or armpit won't look so nice. In the areola even if it scars a little dark it will still blend with the areola.

Dr .Kim

FilipinaGirl and konner like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. David Kim For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM
3 months post-op 397cc mod+, round, silicone, crease

FilipinaGirl is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Thank you for your reply Dr Kim!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
By the way I noticed the thread on the plastic surgeon section. My price for capsules is usually $2,500 for one side and $3,500 for both. I just don't like misinformation on these sites. I do care about my results and that goes beyond just trying my best during the procedure. That 's why everyone always gets another follow up appointment. I have some patients that have seen me for the past 7-8 years . They come once a year to check on their breasts and it costs them nothing. Many doctors will say you are fine after a month and never see you again. However, I don't " sell " people at all during my consults. It's just not my style. You know those retail stores where you can obviously tell the staff are on commission. I hate that. I just try to give my honest opinion on what needs to be done and the different options to do the procedure. I think some people can take that as not caring for some reason but that's not the case.
I've met Dr. Diaz by the way and he seems like a very nice guy and I'm sure he will take great care of you. We actually trained at the same program.

FilipinaGirl likes this.