Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. David Kim (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. David Kim (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California plastic surgeon, Dr. David Kim, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Do doctors also have a financial incentive for suggesting silicone over saline?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:28 PM

kristincali is on a distinguished road
Do doctors also have a financial incentive for suggesting silicone over saline?

I know silicone implants cost more (because they're more expensive to make), and I know most doctors prefer silicone because of a more natural feel, but do doctors also have a financial incentive for suggesting silicone over saline?

At my first consult, I questioned the Dr. about saline, and he said they would definitely give me a balls on my chest look (which I don't want) (I'm 5'5" 116 lbs - with a little bit of natural breast tissue). At my second consult with the Dr. that I ultimately ended up picking, he said that silicone will be more natural, but saline would NOT give me a balls on my chest look. So, of course, that had me wondering why the first surgeon would say that - is there a benefit in it for him? Or is he just not as skilled as a surgeon?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. David Kim is on a distinguished road
whether you get a balls on top of the chest look would depend on the shape of the implant and whether they are over or under the muscle. WIth a high profile saline implant you could get more of a balls on top of the chest type of look. with a mod you would not unless you get a capsular contracture.