Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Levens (Florida)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Levens (Florida) In this forum, you can ask Coral Springs, Florida based surgeon Dr. David J. Levens questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

periductal mastitis through smoking

Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM

witwoolou is on a distinguished road
periductal mastitis through smoking

Hi just a quick question....i suffered with periductal mastitis for years due to smoking....i gave up smoking last Nov 2016 and its completely gone.thank the lord, just wondering now it's gone .... Could it flare back up once iv got my implants in...? I know its only really caused by smoking but just worry in case ..

Thank you

Last edited by witwoolou; 07-27-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 01-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. Levens is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by witwoolou View Post
Hi just a quick question....i suffered with periductal mastitis for years due to smoking....i gave up smoking last Nov 2016 and its completely gone.thank the lord, just wondering now it's gone .... Could it flare back up once iv got my implants in...? I know its only really caused by smoking but just worry in case ..

Thank you
Unsure of the relation of smoking to mastitis, but it is great that you quit and that it has not recurred. Breast implant surgery alone does not increase the incidence of mastitis although you certainly would not want to proceed if you were having an active episode of mastitis or if it were a frequent event as that would certainly complicate breast implant surgery. It is not uncommon to develop mastitis associated with breast feeding with or without breast implants and certainly if a severe mastitis were to develop soon after breast implant surgery that could present a problem.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Levens
Plastic Surgery
Coral Springs, FL
954-752-1020
www.drlevens.com

Dr. Levens's plastic surgeon is David J. Levens, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE