03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minneapolis, minnesota
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Symmastia Repair after B Reconstruction
Thank you for your Time Dr Mele.
I had a Bilateral Mastectomy Last May- with Expanders Placed. My Expanders were 2" apart. I had My Exchange to Salines in Sept - Mentor Smooth Round HP Size 380 - 420 ccs each.
After Surgery I had some Tenting. My Implants at the time were 1/8" Apart. My Implants also are about 1" From My Side (too far in on my Chest!)
Within 3 to 4 Weeks I had Symmastia.
I hope to have my Fix after July...As I am on Blood thinners right now-As I had a PFO/ASA repair in Dec.
(Id Like it Fixed today!)
My Questions are:
1. Will a Thong Bra Help things from getting worse at this late date?
Maybe wear it at night- so It doesnt hurt as bad when I sleep?
2. Might Alloderm Be useful With my Fix? Or is it A Good Idea to use it for sure?
3. I was not given the size Implant We had agreed on. it is Smaller. I really want to go a little larger. I was a C before Breast Cancer. I am now a B.
Will Using Natrelle Style 45 maybe 550ccs be ok? I would gain a little Projection & not alot of Width- although I could use a little Width.
4. And Adding to #3. I am hoping a larger impant can be used...Because I have room on my sides...Is the Side Pocket fix going to cause even more Problems then just having to fix my Center. Will it be a problem to move My Implants out to the side where they belong?
5. After one is Healed from a Symmastia fix Can they lift Weights? Approx How Long Does it Take to heal From a Fix like this?
Anything You Can Tell me would be Very Helpful to me.
Thank you very Much,