Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Pousti (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Pousti (California) In this forum, you can ask San Diego, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Tom Pousti, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures

Mentor Saline 800 / just want to fill them up

Old 09-08-2021, 06:42 AM

Paula77 is on a distinguished road
Mentor Saline 800 / just want to fill them up

Hello
I have Mentor smooth round mod plus 800cc with 800cc implanted.
The surgery was in Dec. 2019.
I would now like to go bigger since I did not get the roundness I wanted and they also look very natural and even a little saggy.
Is it possible to just fill the existing implants because I heard that the can not be filled after the first surgery?
Is 600cc realistic without working on the pockets and having a full surgery again?

Thank you for your support
Old 09-08-2021, 05:12 PM

Maximom is on a distinguished road
I had Mentor mod plus 800 filled to 960, then replaced and filled to 2000

my surgeon said that you can't just add to an existing implant. The self sealing valve in implant isn't designed for multiple use and would most likely fail.

Can you simply go 600 larger? You've had yours long enough that things have stretched out properly , so I'd say yes.

I went 1040 larger without added procedure (960 to 2000). However, I was so stretched out, I felt like they would burst if I just looked at them wrong. They weren't actually painful, but were extremely uncomfortable. It was 2 months before I got relief and they felt ok. I took pain meds the first day after, but none after that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maximom For This Useful Post: