Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Rahal (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Rahal (California) In this forum, you can ask Beverly Hills, California based surgeon Dr. William Rahal questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dr. Rahal

Anatomical question

Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Wanting boobs

Pammy P will become famous soon enough
Anatomical question

Hello Dr Rahal
I have recently had a breast augmentation on November 8th with 440cc Mentor anatomical implants dual plane, and currently 4 weeks po writing this post.
My question is i know anatomical implants take longer to drop and fluff but is it common for them to have one look a little different than the other , my left pec muscle was more developed than my right and has been a bit higher which i know is quite normal but my right under boob looks more rounded (shape wise ) than my left , will this even out in time.
I do have an appointment with my surgeon in two weeks but was just after some information.
Thank you
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 PM
http://drwilliamrahal.com/

Dr. Rahal is on a distinguished road
Anatomical Concern

Hello Pammy,

Thank you for your question.

Regarding your question, in my experience the anatomic implants because they are textured do not dropped as much as smooth round implants. However, one month is very little in terms of the recovery process please remember the recovery process takes a full 3 to 6 months and at a month it is very common and normal to have some asymmetries. I always advise and consult my patients during their pre-op and consultation in that every woman in the world is asymmetric, and I point out asymmetries, nipple height, and fold. Some of these asymmetries will be exactly the same after surgery. Just like the human body is asymmetric the healing process is also frequently asymmetric, so it is very common for one implant to sit a little higher than the other or for one breast to hurt more than the other, or for there to be swelling more on one side versus the other. These are all normal findings at a month and usually these tend to resolve themselves by 3 months.

I hope this helps best with your concern.

Dr. Rahal

newme3000! and Pammy P like this.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Wanting boobs

Pammy P will become famous soon enough
Thank you for your reply, yes it dose help, think i just need to remember that the healing prosess takes time.