Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Shuster (Florida)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Shuster (Florida) In this forum, you can ask Hollywood, FL, plastic surgeon, Dr. Bernard Shuster, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Periareola lift

Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 PM

remington is on a distinguished road
Periareola lift

Hello - I will need a revision after a BA surgery a year ago resulted in my nipples pointing downwards as well as my implants are sitting high. I was originally told that I did not need a lift as my nipples were above the fold but later was told that this occurred because of tissue sagging over the implant. My doctor had originally recommended that he release the muscle some and also do a periareola lift and then seemed to be against the idea saying I should just leave them alone as with time the implants will drop and this would raise my nipples some. I went to a second doctor and he said that because my nipples were not large to begin with and I was not going with huge implants that the stretching and flattening of the areola would not be a problem. He said I was a 24 and needed to be a 21.

While I am not happy with my results now, I am petrified that my results will turn out even worse.

I would appreciate any feedback/experience on results you could give on the periareola lift. lift.me