Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Tantillo (Massachusetts)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Tantillo (Massachusetts) In this forum, you can ask Boston, Massachusetts plastic surgeon, Dr. Michael Tantillo, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

recovering from infected peri-areolar incisions

Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM
Sexy Singer

musicalmamma is on a distinguished road
recovering from infected peri-areolar incisions

I have attached a pic of my peri-areolar incision at 2 weekspost-op after 5 days on keflex and one day of saline "wet to dry" therapy. My PS said the infection was gone but the wet-to-dry would draw out the oozy junk to facilitate healing. I wasn't sure the infection was gone, and as of last night (48 hours and 6 cycles of w/d) my right side incisions are looking better & my left that looked worse to begin with only looks a little better but there was fresh ooze coming out of a tiny gap at a lower spot where I hadn't even done the w/d therapy. PS told me only to cover the open spots with saline soaked gauze but to let the well healing areas stay dry. I do have another follow-up coming but I am wondering if there is anything further you would recommend, and in your opinion does this infection/complication with healing increase my risk of developing capsule contracture? I switched from covers to unders last June due to CC on the right, and got my lift on Aprill 9 . Anything else you think I should be aware of or asking my doc about? Please advise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20130424_072031_464.jpg (44.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by musicalmamma; 04-25-2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: had not attached file correctly