Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California) In this forum, you can ask Santa Monica, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Allergan 410s

Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 PM

Miss_Erin is on a distinguished road
Talking Allergan 410s

OK...I'll start the party! Thanks Dr. T for joining the question forum!

I am 5'4.5" 115# 34A. I want to be a SMALL 34C. Very natural looking. I am thrilled to discover there's a PS who is in the 410 study in the city I'm moving to next year. I've always been interested in the 410s.

My questions are...

Would 410s give me the look I'm after? I have some breast tissue to start out with, and I've had a PS say it really wouldn't matter what I went with- silicone or saline, that the result would be the same. Does it matter enough for someone with my stats to get 410s?

Everyone says they are firmer, is it a noticeable difference? Would it matter less in my case since I have tissue to start with?

Do you do them over and under the muscle? Would I be a good candidate for over the muscle? I am thinking with the natural shape and feel, it would be less necessary to use the muscle to create a natural slope, is this correct?

Thanks in advance and I love your website, it's been so helpful! You do amazing work.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. Teitelbaum is on a distinguished road
410 overview

You bring up many good 410 questions, far too many to practically answer here.

First though, you did mention saline implants. There is no longer an indication for saline implants. Silicone perform better in every way. The only reason to consider saline is if someone has an unusual fear of silicone, though such fears are unfounded. The risks of the surgery to consider are the local complications and not complications specific to silicone.

A fake look can be created with 410s' and a natural look with rounds. It is a question of sizing and how the surgery is carried out.

Without seeing a patient myself, I do not know if a 410 is right for someone.

They are a bit firmer. In patients with young and tight breasts, that firmness is not noticeable. In patients with looser and more mobile or pendulous breasts, that firmness is definitely an issue.

To learn more, go to http://www.cohesivebreastimplants.com/

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Teitelbaum For This Useful Post: