Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California) In this forum, you can ask Santa Monica, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Why different bra recommendations for anatomical implants?

Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Boobies!...Finally! :)

*Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light
Why different bra recommendations for anatomical implants?

Hello Dr. T, and Welcome again!

I am curious as to the reasoning behind the different bra recommendations between ladies with round implants verses ladies with anatomical implants.

I have noticed that women with round implants are generally cleared to wear under-wire bras with in a few weeks of surgery (generally 2-6 weeks seems the average as far as I can tell), where as the majority of women with the anatomical implants are often recommended to steer clear of wired bras for the first 6 months, and in some cases, (like my own) they are recommended to stay away from under-wire as much as possible even after the first 6 months have passed.

Why do you think this is so, and what are your recommendations when it comes to anatomical implants and under-wire bras?, and why?

Thank you so much.

Meg
Old 12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. Teitelbaum is on a distinguished road
anatomic implants and bras

I have never heard of telling patients to wait 6 months to wear a bra in any situation, and have neither heard of telling people to wear a bra at a different point depending upon the implant.

My patients can simply do what makes them comfortable, wearing even an underwire bra the day after surgery.

The bottom line is that you should listen only to your own doctor when it comes to specific advice for yourself...

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Teitelbaum For This Useful Post: