Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California) In this forum, you can ask Santa Monica, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Size doubt

Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 AM

Alice87 is on a distinguished road
Size doubt

Hi Dr. Teitelbaum,

Im 5.1ft, weight 88lbs and have a BWD of 11cm. I am a 32A and would like a small C cup. I have seen two doctors who consider submuscular breast augmentation better.

One of them told me a range between 280cc and 310cc high profile implants would look good. He prefers Natrelle Inspira. He didnt gave me an exact size because he said he uses temporary sizers at surgery to determine the most natural looking result.

Another one told me that since I have a very small frame, I could have 230cc high profile implants. He prefers Natrelle.

What do you think is better considering my measurements? Thank you.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Certified by the ABPS

Dr. Teitelbaum is on a distinguished road
there should never be a doubt about size

Sizing should not be a matter of opinion; an implant either fits or it does not.
Too big and it is stuffed and round looking, and over time it will thin and distort tissues. To small and the breast will not be full and will not have an ideal shape.

Knowing your base width is a good starting point, but depending upon how full your breasts already are and how much stretch you have, your ideal size will vary.

I am very opposed to high profile implants. At best they look very round and fake. More significantly they put too much pressure forward onto the breasts and too much pressure back towards the ribs. The ribs can be deformed and the breast tissue thinned.

If a surgeon only understands the principle of the base width in sizing implants then he or she may think that it is okay to use higher profile implants to give more volume for a fixed base width. But that is simply not true; the tightness of the skin and fill of the envelope must be considered. Base width alone is not the only measurement that must be respected.

I do not believe in sizers; they are far less accurate than what can be achieved with preoperative measurements.

watch the preconsult videos here to learn more: http://www.drteitelbaum.com/breast_augmentation.html

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Teitelbaum For This Useful Post: