Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California) In this forum, you can ask Santa Monica, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

Anatomical movement within pocket

Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 AM

deeaa is on a distinguished road
Anatomical movement within pocket

Hello Dr. Teitelbaum,

I love what you do and it's nice to see a Dr. in the U.S that is such an advocate of anatomicals. Anyway, I had my surgery 2 months ago here in Canada by a Dr. who has lots of experience using this type of implant. Mine are the 410MM, 400cc. My results are as I was hoping in terms of shape and I think my Dr. has done a great job. That said, my right appears to have dropped more then my left and there is still some left over upper pole in my left that I can see and very slightly feel. Am I still in the early stages where I can expect the left one to drop and match my right? Also, i'm confused regarding the textured aspect of these implants. My right and lower breast implant appears to move up and down slightly within the pocket. My left does not. Is this normal as I thought that the textured implants attached themselves to the pocket tissue. Does it attach to the back wall (ribs) as well? I personally feel like the left appears, feels and moves more naturally at this point but I hope the fact that it is able to move up and down doesn't mean that it didn't adhere properly and could result in a rotation in the future. What are your thoughts?

Thanks very much for your time.