Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum JBI Surgeon Forums > Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California)

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask Dr. Teitelbaum (California) In this forum, you can ask Santa Monica, California plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, questions about breast augmentation and other plastic surgery procedures.

4 days after surgery and rippling...also, not sure if I went big enough at 500cc's

Old 03-22-2016, 10:43 PM
SWM

SWM is on a distinguished road
4 days after surgery and rippling...also, not sure if I went big enough at 500cc's

Hello Dr. Teitelbaum,

I am somewhat new to this forum and I am hoping for some advice. I had saline, high-profile, 300cc implants for nearly 10 years. 4 days ago I had them replaced with Mentor, silicone 500cc moderate plus profiles. I am 5'5 and weigh 122.

Immediately after surgery I felt they did not look big enough, but my husband has been trying to reassure me they will "drop and fluff" and look better. Then a couple of days ago I noticed some rippling on just one side, on the outside toward the armpit.

I had my post-op today and I asked the doctor about the rippling and he said that generally as long as you cannot see it they don't consider it a problem. BUT I CAN FEEL IT, and I am really having the blues because I feel deformed. Now, to make matters worse I noticed tonight that I can feel it in the cleavage area some too.

I am not even a week from surgery- will this get better? Worse? What can I do? I also told him I had thought my breasts would be larger and he said he had a hard enough time getting these in there, and that a larger size would increase the rippling.

I see pictures of many ladies with similar stats as mine, many of you with larger implants than mine....is rippling a problem?

His assistant said before he came into the room that if I was unhappy sometimes he chooses just to go back in right away and do another surgery....would this be a better option for me? Then when he came into the room he told me he thought they looked great and that the rippling is not a problem unless you can see it.

I'm sad because I wanted to exchange my saline for silicone so they would be softer. Now I am afraid that I don't even want to touch them because I hate the feel of the one that has rippled. Will this get better?