Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Complications

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Hematoma

Old 11-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Sixfoottwo is on a distinguished road
Hematoma

I have had 2 hematomas in my left breast. The following day of my surgery i had 450ml blood extracted, drain inserted and another 110mls over the next 24 hrs. The bruising is terrible. Im 4 weeks post op now and still feel sore where the bruising is, slight zingers every now and then and really sore nipple. I feel this has really slowed my recovery. Has anyone had something similar? When can i expect to start feeling normal? My PS isnt concerned at all. Says its the recovery process.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
liltrn

liltrn is on a distinguished road
Yes, hematomas will gradually be absorbed by your body. Unfortunately, it is sometimes a long process...not like a bruise...longer. The area will be sore for a bit, but you should notice a difference as time goes by. If your PS isn't worried, then I wouldn't worry with it too much. Now, if it starts getting worse, then I would go back and see him. Good luck with your recovery. Once you are all healed up, you will LOVE your new look!!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:31 AM

SO_READY! is on a distinguished road
I had a hematoma on my right breast as well and it definately set my recovery back. My lower part of the breast is numb and I am still not allowed to wear a bra. My original surgery date was oct 6 I had surgery oct 29 to remove the blood as well as repair the pocket because it had ripped due to the swelling. I do had to add that after the hematoma was removed my breast has to bruising and the incision is healing great. I have a few pics up if you would like to see them
Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Sixfoottwo is on a distinguished road
Hematoma

Thank you so much ladies. At least all my worries seem normal. SOREADY my incision healing well on the hematoma side still a little open where the drain was placed. Going to see PS today just to make sure its all ok and healing well. Im new on this forum i dont have my own pics up yet cos they are still bit ugly due to the bruising, i dont know how too look at others albums. I think i have to have my own album or be an elite member.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM

misscheen is on a distinguished road
hi,

had my surgery in melbourne. had haematoma too, had to have another op 2 weeks later to remove the clot - my bruising was terrible too, all the way down to my waist on one side. That boob never dropped so had to have another revision to remove scar tissue and drop the implant. I'm still uneven, but think is getting slightly better every day (maybe just wishful thinking). Good luck, hang in there it takes soooo much patience - I'm so sick of worrying about my boobs but it's really hard not to obsess.

yeah how do you look at photos? I think you have to have had a certain amount of posts or something.
Originally Posted by Sixfoottwo View Post
Thank you so much ladies. At least all my worries seem normal. SOREADY my incision healing well on the hematoma side still a little open where the drain was placed. Going to see PS today just to make sure its all ok and healing well. Im new on this forum i dont have my own pics up yet cos they are still bit ugly due to the bruising, i dont know how too look at others albums. I think i have to have my own album or be an elite member.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 AM

JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of
I think it's different for everyone, and I also think it depends on the severity of the hematoma. Small hematomas can be reabsorbed by the body, but larger ones require intervention by the doctor.

Keep a close eye on it and let your doctor know how you're feeling, just to be on the safe side.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 AM

zauber is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, that doesn't sound good. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Booboost1 is on a distinguished road
Hope they resolve soon for all of you.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 AM

amazon is on a distinguished road
Hemaoma

I had a severe hematoma on my right side and it was excavated one week after initial surgery. I had an additional complication due to the hematoma which was necrosis of the skin. for some reason the breast that had the hematoma never hurt any more than the other one. I went back to the PS after severe blisters appeared on the right breast and was rushed back into surgery. My initial surgery was Sept 27th and I'm still having problems. The initial blister is finally small enough to wear a bandaid but is still not completely healed and the breast is much higher and harder than the left. PS was extremely concerned and still is a little have to go see him every two weeks. I just worry that I'm gonna have to have another surgery, my incision is still giving me trouble from the second one. Does anyone have any advice of what I can possibly do to aid in healing cause I'm getting married in 6 weeks and extremely concerned. Thanks for any help.

Amazon
36 B before augmentation
36 D after saline overs
Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM

JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by amazon View Post
I had a severe hematoma on my right side and it was excavated one week after initial surgery. I had an additional complication due to the hematoma which was necrosis of the skin. for some reason the breast that had the hematoma never hurt any more than the other one. I went back to the PS after severe blisters appeared on the right breast and was rushed back into surgery. My initial surgery was Sept 27th and I'm still having problems. The initial blister is finally small enough to wear a bandaid but is still not completely healed and the breast is much higher and harder than the left. PS was extremely concerned and still is a little have to go see him every two weeks. I just worry that I'm gonna have to have another surgery, my incision is still giving me trouble from the second one. Does anyone have any advice of what I can possibly do to aid in healing cause I'm getting married in 6 weeks and extremely concerned. Thanks for any help.

Amazon
36 B before augmentation
36 D after saline overs
I wonder if you're getting cc since you mentioned the implant is higher and harder than the one on the other side. Hematoma does put you at an increased risk of cc.

As for the wound not being completely closed, what are you putting on it? Has your surgeon treated it with silver nitrate?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 AM

He cut the sutures down but doesn't seem concerned about it. He did not give me anything to put on the wound but told me to us A&D ointment. Should I ask him for some?

Amazon
Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by amazon View Post
He cut the sutures down but doesn't seem concerned about it. He did not give me anything to put on the wound but told me to us A&D ointment. Should I ask him for some?

Amazon
I'm not a doctor, so don't consider what I say as "medical advice".

If it's healing and is continuing to improve, there doesn't seem to be any harm in continuing to do what you're doing now. If it doesn't continue to improve, you can definitely ask about teh silver nitrate. I know it's been used on women that have had problems similar to yours where there incision didn't want to close.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBI_BA_Info For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2010, 07:25 AM

Thank you so much. It is healing but just a really slow process and with the upcoming wedding it has me overreacting to everything. I will discuss it with him though. I am all about anything that will aid in recovery.

Amazon