Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Complications

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Like Tree50Likes

Dr. Revis botched job

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-19-2015, 07:01 AM

Candy store is on a distinguished road
Dr. Revis botched job

I have to get another revision. I'm still searching for the best PS taking my time to make sure there's no bad reviews like I found on Dr. Revis. If I had found those bad reviews I never would of used him. Well now it's too late it has happened to me! Any suggestions in my search. I think I have found 3 PS now I like.

Susie2013 likes this.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 AM

Gypsydanger is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry. A lot of girls are super happy with him and I was going to use him but I found some really scary reviews and it scared me off as well. I hope it's nothing too hard to fix and you find a great new PS and get the results you want. Good luck

Susie2013 likes this.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 AM
BIG BOOBS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

Blondie37 has a spectacular aura Blondie37 has a spectacular aura
I'm really sorry you had complications do you mind me asking what they are?
I had a wonderful experience and results with Dr. Revis but no PS is perfect they are human and make mistakes and sometimes it's are bodies that cause complications as well with any elective surgery can have complications. All P's will have bad review's as anyone can write them even competition other P's or just scammers. So don't go solely on review's I would definitely talk to the girl's on here and a forum called Real Self not that there are not some fake review's on there too. Have you looked into Dr. Hunsaker at his private practice he's excellent PS and good at repairs and sure many other's he's cheaper than most he's in Miami Florida which is close to you so you could at least easily have an in person consult with him and see how you like him. Dr. Pousti is lot more $$$ but has good results .
How many ccs do you have? Did Revis suggest what needed to be done to repair your complications? I'm guessing you don't trust him to repair or can't afford it?
Sorry and good luck repairing your complications

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-19-2015, 08:37 AM

Shannon52 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Candy store View Post
I have to get another revision. I'm still searching for the best PS taking my time to make sure there's no bad reviews like I found on Dr. Revis. If I had found those bad reviews I never would of used him. Well now it's too late it has happened to me! Any suggestions in my search. I think I have found 3 PS now I like.
Sorry to hear What kind of complications are you having? I would suggest talking to him to see if he will revise the problem and waive his fee
Old 07-19-2015, 09:49 AM

Mythological will become famous soon enough
I always see people sign up for sites and make complaints about Dr. Revis without providing details of what exactly was wrong, or providing pics (I know you can't in this case since you're new)
What happened?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Proud former member of the IBTC

soflagirl88 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry to hear that. I have heard nothing but great things on here from other girls.
What kind of comprivation are you having?

Either wayI wish you the best of luck, I hope you are able to get the results you want.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:29 PM

SapphireOrchid is on a distinguished road
What exactly happened if we may know? It could possibly be of great help to other people who may be interested in using him if they share similar characteristics and desires as you.

As far as I've seen Dr. Revis get some of the best reviews overall. No surgeon is ever perfect, and some complications are out of their control. I would've certainly picked him had I not met my surgeon.

Susie2013 likes this.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:36 PM

treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough
Why do people come on here and say they're botched, trash the surgeon and not explain? Seems very fishy to me. No other posts.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-20-2015, 06:48 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by treschic View Post
Why do people come on here and say they're botched, trash the surgeon and not explain? Seems very fishy to me. No other posts.
No PS has a flawless record. There will always be someone out there with a negative experience. But I agree 100% here. To come onto an implant forum and make such a claim with nothing to explain or support it, it really diminishes any credibility.

treschic, BooBitties, Lizy and 5 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to BC A2C For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Sour cream cake glazed donuts make the world better.

JenRN will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Blondie37 View Post
I had a wonderful experience and results with Dr. Revis but no PS is perfect they are human and make mistakes and sometimes it's are bodies that cause complications as well with any elective surgery can have complications.
Amen - I see this everyday of my life. Yes, sometimes a provider may fall short in their delivery, because that's the nature of humankind. However, there are so many factors that contribute to one's recovery and development of post surgical complications - everything from environment, to genetics, to comorbidites, to nutritional status, etc., etc., etc.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience; hopefully you will find a PS that can help you out.

BooBitties likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JenRN For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2015, 10:43 PM

I have to get another revision.
So, are you saying that you had complications prior to going to Dr. Revis? That he performed a revision with which you're unhappy?

BooBitties and Levinia Heks like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JenRN For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 PM

Well now it's too late it has happened to me!
Your surgery was in December of 2013.... ??

Levinia Heks likes this.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:45 PM
~Polish Bra Junkie~

Ms.Tanzi will become famous soon enough Ms.Tanzi will become famous soon enough
I don't understand this at all. No facts to support the claim, but to bash someone because you aren't happy isn't ok. Did you follow his Post OP instructions completely? Did you do everything you were supposed to do, and nothing that you were not supposed to do? Did you go bigger than was suggested for your frame? Did you follow his recommendations, or just tell him to give you what you want? Every PS, doctor, physician, medical professional, anyone in any industry where they see people will have a bad review. This by no means that this person is horrible at what they do all the way around. I am not a Revis patient, but I have seen plenty of reviews here about his work, and the majority of the people are very happy with his work. If you are unhappy, I suggest you take it off the forum and contact him.

BC A2C, Blondie37 and Levinia Heks like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms.Tanzi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 12:43 AM
At the end of the race they're in just the right place !!

Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light

^^^^^Yes^^^^^^

I suggest you share exactly what you are standing in accusation of....

Levinia Heks likes this.

Lizy's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 07:21 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Just to let you all know the user has not logged back in since she posted this so I think the point has been made that we would like to hear more about her issues but since she hasn't been back that may not happen.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 AM

Kiwi_Zhai is on a distinguished road
I also use Dr. Revis because there are so many good posts here about him.
For this i go from China to FL two times.
But finally he dont do a good job to me. I post here some weeks ago.
Now i visit some others doctors about my scars and all told me the same.
(Sorry for my bad english, i am a chinese.)
I catch some scares between both breasts after the first BA because the implants was to big for my smal frame.
I go there again for scar revision and he suggest me to change the implants to bigger ones instead reduce the size to release the preasure between the breasts. After the revision the scars getting more and bigger.
When i look back, it was a big mistake from him.
Now i need to Change the implants against smaller one and it will take a very long time to remove the scars.
Finally i am very unhappy.
In my post i left here some weeks ago you can see a photo from my current situation.

Kiwi

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-23-2015, 05:02 AM

treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough
I read your post and it doesn't seem like the keloid scars are from your BA. And Keloids are genetic. There's nothing any doctor can do to avoid them if you are predisposed to them. I'm sorry it happened to you.

Levinia Heks likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to treschic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Kiwi_Zhai is on a distinguished road
Hi treschic,
i never said, that Dr. Revis is the reason for my Keloid scars after the first BA!!!
It happend after the first BA and nobody can know this before.
But his suggest at the second BA resp. revision was wrong.
At this time he should see that i am a keloid patiant and instaid of reduce the preasure Stretch from this area by use smaller implants he suggest me to use bigger ones. Finally the scars getting much more worth after the Revision and from now i need to go the way with another revision to reduce the implant size and with that the preasure and strech to the skin in this region.
I visited three other doctors also known from this Forum here and all three told me the same.

Kiwi

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM
~Shameless Heel Addict~

princess28 has room for improvement
I recently stumbled onto this old thread and wanted to share my input. Perhaps it may be useful for anyone who later revisit the thread. To have full disclosure, I've not had implants yet. I'm planning to have a mommy makeover with XL implants. And since Dr. Revis is a renowned XL surgeon, he's on my list of possible surgeons. And please understand, that I'm not bashing him in this post; instead, I just want to share my experience with him to shine a light for other folks.

My hubby and I flew in and had a face-to-face consultation with him last summer. He and his staff are wonderful. Very warm, understanding, accommodating, and inviting. He answered all of our questions. We clearly communicated our goals and he knew exactly what we were after and had confidence that he could do it. Any emails we sent him, were quickly returned with solid answers. We had absolutely no issues with him and the consultation.

We came home and continued doing our homework. We stumbled onto a Facebook page dedicated to him. You can search "Dr. Don Revis Reviews." After being accepted to the private group, we found plenty of reviews. To our surprise, only a few were positive. And perhaps these are what Candy Store is referring to about finding bad reviews after the fact. We decided to email him and inquire about what we found on the page. He was very kind and considerate, but not evasive in his reply.

In my opinion, the cards are stacked against him in situations like this. He's been highly acclaimed as a boobie god, so the expectation is set very high. And in the rare cases where he's unable to meet the expectation, the imputed negativity is worse than it might be otherwise for other surgeons.

We continued our due diligence and started to privately reach out to other Dr. Revis patients to inquire about their experiences with him. The doctor's staff connected us with two recent non-XL BA patients. We shared some emails/calls and both sung high praises of his work. We also reached out to several glamour models that he did XL implants for (Sarah Marie Summer, Calista Melissa, Pixee Fox; you can Google them) and they also sung his praises. One was clear to point out how vital it is to follow pre- and post-op instructions exactly as the doctor directs. She noted a friend who went to a different doctor for implants, and never followed his post-op instructions, incurred complications, and later sued the doctor. What a joke?! Clearly, that's out of the doctor's control. You can't blame the doctor for things out of his/her control. Candy Store never came back to the forum, so we're left to wonder if part of her problem was disregard for his post-op instructions, or some other circumstances that the doctor couldn't control.

One pleased patient we called had also been on the aforementioned FB review site. She was skeptical of it, since many contributors took an approach similar to Candy Store's. That is, they posted about their grievance, but gave very little supportive information and/or photos to validate their claims. It's possible, some of the contributors could be trolls, just out to spread garbage about the doctor. So admittedly, me and my husband are also skeptical of the page.

I agree with other commenters in that Candy Store gave no solid background or explanation about what happened. So the credibility of her claim is very questionable. My husband and I will keep him on our list of possible surgeons for now, since we know many ladies have had much success with him. But as always, we'll be very thorough in our homework to continue educating ourselves, meeting with other doctors, and eventually making a well-informed decision to choose a doctor we're comfortable with.

Again to be clear, I think Dr. Revis is a good doctor, has performed many successful surgeries, and has a solid reputation as a cosmetic surgeon. But like someone else has said here, it's unlikely that any doctor has a flawless record. If that's the metric you're measuring by, you may never find a surgeon. So that's my $0.02.

Last edited by BFH; 01-08-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: remove private email communication
Old 02-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Myat is on a distinguished road
Thank you

Your review was very helpful, thank you.
Reply Subscribe