Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Complications

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Aggressive revision with internal sutures?

Old 03-18-2017, 06:50 AM
kjm36

kjm36 is on a distinguished road
Aggressive revision with internal sutures?

I had my original BA with lift in October 2016 with 470cc silicone teardrop implants placed submuscular. Had a dream recovery, in fact breasts dropped a little too quickly almost went "too soft, but looked completely natural so I was ok with it. Then 4 weeks ago as I was putting on scar cream I felt my left implant bottom out. It looked malformed and slightly twisted. I freaked out and called my PS who arranged to see me the next day. Long story short I have minimal encapsulation and very soft skin, so not much holding in the implant 😣 The "bottoming out" had actually corrected itself but he agreed that he should intervene before things got worse. So March 15th I went in for capsulorrhaphy and internal sutures. I'm now day 3/4 and REALLY worried as to how they look. It was a really aggressive lift, my nipples point straight down. He is happy with it and says that it will drop right in and everything will look perfect but I am having a little post op freak out right now! Has anyone had this type of revision and been surprised with the initial outcome (and then hopefully really happy with the end look!!)?
Old 03-18-2017, 07:05 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kjm36 View Post
I had my original BA with lift in October 2016 with 470cc silicone teardrop implants placed submuscular. Had a dream recovery, in fact breasts dropped a little too quickly almost went "too soft, but looked completely natural so I was ok with it. Then 4 weeks ago as I was putting on scar cream I felt my left implant bottom out. It looked malformed and slightly twisted. I freaked out and called my PS who arranged to see me the next day. Long story short I have minimal encapsulation and very soft skin, so not much holding in the implant 😣 The "bottoming out" had actually corrected itself but he agreed that he should intervene before things got worse. So March 15th I went in for capsulorrhaphy and internal sutures. I'm now day 3/4 and REALLY worried as to how they look. It was a really aggressive lift, my nipples point straight down. He is happy with it and says that it will drop right in and everything will look perfect but I am having a little post op freak out right now! Has anyone had this type of revision and been surprised with the initial outcome (and then hopefully really happy with the end look!!)?

I moved your thread to the complications forum. You had posted in FAQ's which is for questions about how the forum works.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:00 AM

RM2017 is on a distinguished road
Hi! I know this is an old thread now but if you're still around would love to know how the recovery was and how long everything took to settle?