Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lennev
Old 03-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #1  

heymom3 will become famous soon enoughheymom3 will become famous soon enough

Is it worth it

So to look at my breasts standing they look good. Even reclining at an angle they look good. The problem is that for some strange reason even though I was extremely careful and overly cautious my pockets stretched too much. So now my implants are rotating. The other day while taking a shower I thought "this right breast looks kinda weird" then when drying off and looking in the mirror I was positive something was wrong. I bent over and like always both implants rotate to their side. It was at this point I manipulated the right one and got it to flip over onto its correct side. Now it is back to looking good when standing.

Dr Revis is giving me a discount on a revision to fix the pockets, do more internal bra work, and a Benelli lift. Oh and switching over from the inspira soft touch extra to the mentor that has the extra fill. Still it is going to be $6500 and we just spent $10,000 not even a year ago. I'm trying to decide if it is worth paying more money out or just deal with my implants rotating on me and flipping over. Maybe hubby needs to apply for jobs with plastic surgeons since I keep needing revisions. LOL
heymom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #2  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

Thanked 1,235 Times in 1,099 Posts
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
You have round implants, right? Round can rotate without looking funky. Anatomicals are not supposed to rotate at all.

Are they flipping completely around? Like the back of the implant is now in the front...
BooBitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #3  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
You have round implants, right? Round can rotate without looking funky. Anatomicals are not supposed to rotate at all.

Are they flipping completely around? Like the back of the implant is now in the front...
Iím curious and confused about this also...

What kind of implants are they that theyíre rotating and looking funky? I know anatomical implants will look extremely odd in the unlikely event that they rotate, but I was under the impression that round implants could spin, twist, or flip, and look exactly the same. I know my surgeon said mine could flip completely over and it would make zero difference aesthetically. I hope I didnít misunderstand him. I have a slightly stretched left pocket and now Iím worried.

Anyway, if it bothers you itís definitely worth revising it. Youíre lucky they still look great standing though!!
Lennev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Iím curious and confused about this also...

What kind of implants are they that theyíre rotating and looking funky? I know anatomical implants will look extremely odd in the unlikely event that they rotate, but I was under the impression that round implants could spin, twist, or flip, and look exactly the same. I know my surgeon said mine could flip completely over and it would make zero difference aesthetically. I hope I didnít misunderstand him. I have a slightly stretched left pocket and now Iím worried.

Anyway, if it bothers you itís definitely worth revising it. Youíre lucky they still look great standing though!!
I have inspira SSX and wish I could post the video of them rotating....there is a photo of me bent over in my album and he said that is the implant turned on its side. He said the shell is thicker more firm than the mentor so not as forgiving if they moved around. I thought thicker would be better for me since I have no tissue thanks to the botched surgery. He said that with no tissue in the right one I will always have rippling issues no matter what implant is used. He didn't have the inspira ones at the office for me to hold and feel but did explain to us my last appointment how they felt to him in surgery and why he feels switching to the mentor would be better for me. He has only seen 2 patients (me and 1 other) that had this weird movement issue where you can see the implant turn on its side when I very slowly bend over and stand back up. I'd like to know why my pockets stretched out like this but there probably isn't a good explanation.

The Mayo clinic called me an interesting case long ago when I went for a full workup about the muscle spasms all over my body. I guess my breasts can be considered an interesting case now too. *sigh*
Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #5  

I hope this link is ok to post.... it shows how my implant is rotating/flipping. My implants are high profile and the back of the implant ends up pointing out instead of being up against my chest. This gives that breast a different look. I can bend over and manipulate it so that it goes back into the correct position. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8K4AU-jap4 is a video ( Implant Flip) of a lady doing pretty much the same thing. With mine the pocket is big enough my implant will actually rotate to its side (it will be flat either on the inner or outer part) so it is easier for me to flip it. I think if I had more breast tissue it wouldn't be so noticeable but because I don't I can see a big difference between the 2 thus knowing it flipped.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #6  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymom3 View Post
I hope this link is ok to post.... it shows how my implant is rotating/flipping. My implants are high profile and the back of the implant ends up pointing out instead of being up against my chest. This gives that breast a different look. I can bend over and manipulate it so that it goes back into the correct position. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8K4AU-jap4 is a video ( Implant Flip) of a lady doing pretty much the same thing. With mine the pocket is big enough my implant will actually rotate to its side (it will be flat either on the inner or outer part) so it is easier for me to flip it. I think if I had more breast tissue it wouldn't be so noticeable but because I don't I can see a big difference between the 2 thus knowing it flipped.
Oh wow! Okay. Yeah, thatís definitely noticeable. Salineís donít do that so I really didnít know this was a thing. Or I guess I should say itís not noticeable when salineís do it because theyíre the same on both sides. How frustrating! Keep us updated on what you decide. Iím sorry this is happening.
totallytaken10 and heymom3 like this.
Lennev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #7  
the 1000s that looked like 500s

princess_daphie will become famous soon enough
oh dear girl, i'm so sorry you're going through this! i'm also having my fair share of issues, but at least my boobs keep looking the same. i do totally see what you mean by implants flipping. i guess round implants are more forgiving for this. i don't know what i'd do in your case, since i'm very different and would take all opportunities to go bigger, lol, not smaller, but yeah, round saline overfilled by a bunch are almost like spheres so... something to think about. but i understand about the money, believe it or not, i still haven't managed to pay back my 4 surgeries, still sitting stupid at the bottom of my credit margin...
princess_daphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #8  

totallytaken10 will become famous soon enough
I had no idea this was even a thing. So sorry youíre going through this and hope that youíre able to get it all sorted out and within your budget. Have you considered consulting another surgeon? Iím honestly shocked that Revis was responsible for this.
totallytaken10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallytaken10 View Post
I had no idea this was even a thing. So sorry youíre going through this and hope that youíre able to get it all sorted out and within your budget. Have you considered consulting another surgeon? Iím honestly shocked that Revis was responsible for this.
Revis is trying to fix what a previous surgeon botched up badly. The previous surgeon left me with no tissue in the bottom half of my breast and seri silk mesh place incorrect that turned rock hard. Revis removed the seri silk mess, put in strattice and did an internal bra. He isn't sure why the pocket stretched in both my breasts (the right stretched more than the left)....probably just my body. He said the inspira are a thicker implant compared to mentor so that along with having almost no tissue is why we are visually seeing it when the implant flips. On a side note....when the surgeon who botched me removed my old saline implants one of them had flipped. I had wondered if it had because I could feel a hard area under my nipple where the valve is.....just didn't know for sure until I was opened up.

For now I'm living in my panache bras that fit my breasts perfectly and hoping my body will decide to fix itself.
06-15-2019 10:30 PM
Paid Advertisement