Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Complications

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Pain

Old 01-10-2022, 11:08 AM

Jeannie38 is on a distinguished road
Pain

So my augmentation was 22 years ago and have never had any issues. Had them checked by my surgeon 2 years ago and we discussed replacement, but as all was fine I took the stance if it ainít broke - donít fix it. Last couple of days Iíve had some pain on the right side. No change in shape, hardening or rippling. Almost feels like itís behind the implant ( mine are under muscle) but hurts more underneath around ribs and worse when sitting, so more hunched. Has anyone experienced anything like this - havenít done any strenuous activity as far as I can recall.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:26 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Hmm, interesting. I don't have an answer, but would probably reach out to your surgeon. Have you been getting normal yearly physicals to keep watch on other bodily vital signs? (e.g., kidneys are nearby and perhaps a kidney stone has formed)

I can offer this much from being a gym member...I'll lift weights and sometimes things may be "off" or different on certain days. I may go through a lifting set that I've done many times, but a different fiber of the muscle was engaged that day. Or maybe I didn't stretch enough beforehand. Or maybe my form was slightly changed. Or maybe I increased the weight slightly. Or maybe I pushed a little harder than normal. In any case, it can potentially lead to soreness in that muscle for a few days. Sometimes, I don't even realize in the moment that I did it, but my muscles notify me the next day. I've even had some "scary" ones that were chest muscles. Early in my gym life, I thought they were heart problems, but turned out to be sore pec muscles. Nowadays, I can identify them better and don't fret as much.

All that said, you said you haven't done anything strenuous, so maybe I'm completely off-base. Or maybe you did something but didn't even realize you did it, and got delayed notification from your muscles days later. <shoulder shrug> Just my $0.02.

Best wishes! I sure hope you can figure it out with your surgeron. It sounds like you have a good long track record with implants. It would be a shame to end that. :-)