Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Complications

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Complications Use this forum to discuss complications related to breast augmentation surgery.

Why is my implant grating on my ribs??!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM

P@ss is on a distinguished road
Why is my implant grating on my ribs??!

I'm not sure if "grating" is the right word or not.... but when my implant moves in the pocket, it feels like it's scratching/grating against my ribs. It doesn't hurt, is just uncomfortable. Anyone know what I'm talking about??? (Will it go away........?)
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 PM

hopefornew is on a distinguished road
sometimes i get this vibrating feeling when i stretch far? its hard to explain. I'm not really sure if its on the ribs though. . is that kind of what you mean?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by hopefornew View Post
sometimes i get this vibrating feeling when i stretch far? its hard to explain. I'm not really sure if its on the ribs though. . is that kind of what you mean?
I don't know... it's kind of like a crunchy plasticy feeling that I can feel on the inside. It happens when I push the implant up.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM

lynn80 is on a distinguished road
Well its not hitting bone thats for sure cause the implants do not go directly against the bone. Maybe its scar tissue breaking up when you push the implant up? If so that probably a good thing.
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't know... it's kind of like a crunchy plasticy feeling that I can feel on the inside. It happens when I push the implant up.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lynn80 View Post
Well its not hitting bone thats for sure cause the implants do not go directly against the bone. Maybe its scar tissue breaking up when you push the implant up? If so that probably a good thing.
I thought I wanted the scar tissue to keep my implant in place...... (?) But it doesn't feel like I'm breaking any tissue.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:06 AM

Keltsta is on a distinguished road
Me too

I know this was ages ago, but I'm having the exact same sensation. Did you ever work out what it was?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:03 AM

Eleven924 is on a distinguished road
Could it be a tendon? I’m having a “click” when I move one spot, after a muscle strain. I guessed tendon, PS confirmed. It should heal over time, as the attached muscle fiber heals and relaxes
Old 07-27-2018, 04:48 AM

Keltsta is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Eleven924 View Post
Could it be a tendon? I’m having a “click” when I move one spot, after a muscle strain. I guessed tendon, PS confirmed. It should heal over time, as the attached muscle fiber heals and relaxes
Thanks for the reply! I have textured implants over muscle and it feels more like I can feel the texture of the implant rubbing over my muscle if that makes sense? I am almost 3 years post op and this has only been happening recently.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:55 PM

Pomlvr is on a distinguished road
I have that same weird sensation just the past few months, where when I sit or move around the implant feels like it's sitting right on my rib.-- very annoying feeling! Did yours every go away or did you figure out what this is?