Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree121Likes
Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 AM   #1  
Loving the boobies!!!

Thanked 1,100 Times in 801 Posts
Dessire has a spectacular auraDessire has a spectacular aura

Dessire's Story!

I am glad to be able to post my story because I have read so many of them from others and they really inspired and encouraged me. Not to mention I was very prepared for the whole process. I hope I can do the same for someone else

Like most of you Iíve wanted nice full boobies since puberty. I just never had the $$, plus my ex-dh would never have taken care of me. I would not want to go through this alone. Now I'm 35... Iíve been dating the same guy for nearly 5 years. Technically he's my "boyfriend" but really he is more of a husband than my ex ever was. He supported my decision without criticizing.

After 2 consults, I found my ps. He is something of a perfectionist and very attentive to details and safety. The first ps I saw, who came highly recommend so I'm sure he's fineÖ. but he was just so nonchalant about the whole thing. His attitude was almost like, let's just stick them in there and see how it goes. Also he disregarded my concern for going too big. I know a lot of girls love the "big fake look" but it just isn't for me and it doesn't fit into my career or my life.

The day before sugery, I was really not that nervous at all. But I was so afraid of oversleeping that I woke up a lot. LOL

Yeserday 4/1 was surgery day!!! That morning, I showered, dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I thought to myself, "So THIS is what it's like for a guy to get ready. " LOL It was so weird to not put on lotions, hairspray, makeup, etc. My bf drove me to the surgery center and I was cool as a cucumber. LOL Then his GPS said, "You have arrived at your destination." THAT is when my nerves took over. I shed a few tears of pure anxiety but the nurses were very nice and helpful and I was ready.

I walked into the surgery center, signed a couple of last minute papers. Then the nurse called me back so I could change into the hospital gown ( i got to leave my undies on ), and the cap and booties. And they hooked me up to the IV, which was not so bad. I give blood regularly so the needle thing doesnt really bother me. They also brought me a blanket. The anesthesiologist put a patch behind my ear because he said there is a correlation between those who are prone to motion sickness (like me) and get nauseous from anesthesia. It worked... I haven't been nauseous once. He said I should take it off tomorrow.

Then the ps came in and marked me up with a purple marker. He has a very dry personality (my friend had a consult with him and said he has the personality of a stapler. LOL) But frankly, whether he has a personality or not was really not one of my concerns. Then he put the blanket back on me and said "Here's your blanky back." It struck me as funny LOL.

They gave me an option of giving me something to relax me before the operation room, in case that would bother me. I declined because I just wanted to see it! So I walked into the room and laid down on the warm, soft table. There was even an extra cushion for my feet! The anesthesiologist told me I would feel coldness in my veins as he gave me the ďhappy juice.Ē Next thing I know, I was waking up and asking for my bf. He helped me get dressed and we left after that.

The drive home was easy, about 30 min. When I got home, I saw that my bf had moved the DVR into the bedroom so I could watch my shows. And a DVD player so I can watch my movies. And my side of the bed was all propped up with pillows. Heís been keeping track of my medications and just tells me when to take them. Heís taking such good care of me 

So far Iíve only gained 3 lbs, part of which I assume is the implants. My pain has gotten better throughout the day, maybe because Iím so drugged LOL or maybe because Iíve been sleeping a lot. Right now, I donít realy have pain except when I try to move my arms too much.

I did not have an appetite at all. I ate saltine crackers throughout the day, and last night for dinner my bf went to Boston Market so I could have yummy mashed potatoes. But I just havenít been hungry.

I think I will like them because they are already nice and big, although right now they are hard as rocks and not very pretty! But time and healing will fix that.
Dessire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #2  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 1 Post-op

Today was better than yesterday:

I have been able to go to the bathroom today, whereas yesterday, bf was pulling my pants up & down.

I have just a little more of an appetite. Today I've had 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, some mashed potatoes, crackers, some pudding, and a few vanilla wafers. Yesterday I did well to choke down saltines and a few mashed potatoes.

I can get in and out of bed by myself, but I have to be really careful. I was worried about not being able to open the fridge, but I haven't had a problem with that. I can reach a lot better than I thought I would. I can move my arms but I just can't put too much pressure on them.

I have been drifting in & out of sleep all day. I'll be watching a show and just conk out in the middle of it. Thank goodness for DVR. Bf was teasing me because I'll watch the same thing 2-3 times because I keep falling asleep.

I've been staying on top of my meds so I don't have much pain, except when I try to use the wrong muscles. But yes, LOTS of pressure and tightness. I looked at them in the mirror and they looked ok. If I thought they would look like this forever, I would not be happy. But I know they will look a lot different eventually.

I'm on percocet, valium, and keflex. (plus my birth control and thyroid meds) I expected to be a lot loopier. But so far, not so bad. I'm not wobbly when I walk like I was yesterday. Bf was following me around to make sure I didn't fall. Today I can pretty much get around ok, slowly but surely.

I have to say I think my 2 favorite things I bought for the surgery are bendy straws and my u-shaped pillow. The wedge pillow is pretty good to keep me on an incline but the u-pillow keeps my head upright so I dont strain my neck.

My son has been at his dad's since Thurs night, but bf's kids (15 and 18) were here when we left at 6:00a.m. yesterday. Bf told them it was "female surgery" but as we thought about it, we realized they may be worried, or think I had an abortion or something. So we told them the truth today and asked them not to tell anyone, because its a private matter. If people find out, then whatever. But I don't intend to advertise it.

I bought a bunch of DVDs to keep me entertained while in recovery. It has come in handy because I've pretty much stayed in bed the last 2 days. Maybe tomorrow I can get around a little better.

OH--one more thing. I threw up earlier today. I think it's because I had too many pills and not enough food. One little pudding cup apparently doesn't do it. LOL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #3  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 2 Post-op

Feeling better but still feel crappy overall. My boobs are sooo tight and a little sore. Very uncomfortable.

I stopped taking all of my meds except for Tylenol ES and PM because they were making me sick. My ps said it was ok to stop. I haven't had much of an appetite so I'm probably just not eating enough.

On a positive note, I took a shower today and washed my own hair and everything. But after all of that moving around, I threw up--which HURTS. That wasn't so positive I guess....

I can breathe much easier today. I can even take deep breaths.

I can pretty much get around the house on my own... I do have a step stool in the kitchen for the higher places.

Sorry I don't have more positive things to say. I just feel like crap.
aprilboobies13 and Not_Maria like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #4  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 3 Post-Op

Last night was rough. I threw up again during the night, had a terrible time sleeping, complete with creepy nightmares. This morning I was so sick of feeling like crap. I feel nauseous all the time, even though I quit taking all of the meds except for Tylenol. No appetite at all. Back pain is ok if I keep taking Tylenol. But my boobs are soooo tight. I had a good cry this morning.....

Then my bf made me hash browns and bacon and I ate an actual meal instead of snacking on crackers and such. 30 min later, my stomach felt better, and I haven't been nauseous since. So maybe I just need to eat more--and better--food.

I took a valium to help with the tightness but frankly I don't think it did anything. Today is the first day I have been awake all morning.

I've been trying not to look at my boobs too much because they look really weird.
aprilboobies13 likes this.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #5  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 4 Post-op

I have a pretty good range of motion with my arms now. My appetite is better. Food actually sounds good now. My boobs are still really tight and now my back hurts if I walk around too much.

I woke up last night at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. Just when I was drifting off, my cat decided it was playtime so I had to settle him down so I could sleep. I eventually did go back to sleep but when I had to get my son ready for school this morning I thought I was going to die. I was soooo exhausted. As soon as he left (he rode with the neighbor today) I went back to sleep and didn't get up until 10:30. Then I went back to sleep around noon and got up around 2:00. I picked up my son at 3:00 and stopped at the grocery store. Then I talked him into watching a movie with me so I could just lay down.

I can't wait to start feeling like a person again. And I wish my boobs felt like boobs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #6  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 5 Post-op

I don't know if anyone is still reading these but I'll keep posting anyway. Today I actually feel ok, in spite of the fact that I woke up at 4am and couldn't get comfortable enough to go back to sleep.

I am physically able to do most regular activities like reach up, drive for short periods of time, dry my hair, etc. But I still have trouble sleeping because I can only sleep comfortably on my back for so long. I can sort of sleep on my side a little but it's still not real comfortable.

Hopefully the tightness will get better...
Destined4D's, Cbaby, MsRed and 5 others like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #7  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 6 Post-op

OK it's early on day 6 but I am a little excited. I slept all night! (with the exception of setting my alarm to take Tylenol) Aaaaannnnndddd....... I have always liked sleeping with my arms up over my head, since I was little, and obviously I have not been able to do that. Last night I woke up with my arms over my head! I must've done it in my sleep but it didn't hurt. Yay!

As yesterday went on, I felt pretty good. So far this morning I feel good too. A little morning boob but not too bad today. I think I had some zingers yesterday.

I have been wearing my surgical bra, trying not to look at my boobs too much this early on. But I learned something yesterday. Surgical bras make them look extra weird! So I tried on my old bathing suit top (see new avatar with cleavage!) and they looked so much better. Also I went bra shopping because, well, I need something else to wear! So far I am a 36D, which is what I wanted to be. It's weird though, because all of my fullness is on top right now so the bras don't fit exactly the way I would want. I'm hoping that once the swelling goes down and I "D&F" I will still be a 36D. Not sure exactly how that works....

But for now, I am happy.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #8  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 7 & 8 Post-op

Yesterday was my first post-op appointment. She gave me all of my paperwork on the warranty. The nurse said I am healing well, and in another week, I can remove the steri strips and go swimming!

I've been feeling pretty good. I am amazed at how crappy I felt just a few days ago, and now I'm a whole different person. I have not taken Tylenol or used any ice on my boobs since day 6. I went shopping for about an hour & a half yesterday and tried on lots of shirts over my head, and my arms did not hurt or get sore.

Last night my bf took me out to dinner and I had a couple of drinks. It was fun, and I felt fine. I slept all night again and, with the exception of a little morning boob, I feel pretty good today.

One thing I don't think I've mentioned is that ever since I stopped throwing up and got my appetite back, I've had major heartburn. All the time. Basically I have Tums for dessert after every meal. But it's weird.... last night I had fajitas at Chilis and a couple of drinks... and no heartburn. Hmmmmmm
Old 04-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #9  
Loving the boobies!!!

Smile

Day 9 & 10 Post-op

Today was my first day back to work. I think I could've gone back late last week if I had to... but I am thankful to have more time off to take it easy and focus on recovery.

I feel pretty good. I have a 45-min commute so driving was not a problem. Working has not been a problem. I don't feel tired or anything; actually I feel pretty normal, except I can constantly feel my boobs because they are still a little tight and very hard.

I stopped taking Tylenol regularly last Thursday, but yesterday was a busy day.... running errands, grocery shopping, and a cookout. Bf carried the groceries in but I put most of them away. Lots of reaching, opening cabinets, the fridge/freezer, etc. Plus with the cookout I was chopping onions & tomatoes, opening cans, stirring pots, patting the burgers, etc.... by the time I sat down to eat, I was feeling a bit sore so I took some Tylenol.

Also on Saturday I was a little sore at the end of the day but that time I "treated" it with Captain Morgan. LOL

Some random observations.... my appetite has increased. I used to drink a breakfast shake and now I need FOOD. LOL And for lunch, my usual chicken nuggets & fries weren't going to cut it. I wanted quesedillas! And I stopped eating Andes mints. Weird. I used to just grab one after a meal for just a taste of minty chocolate. Now I don't even want them. One day last week I was convinced I wanted Mt. dew so I bought a 12-pack. I got them home, put some in the fridge, and never drank any.

I bought 2 sports bras at Target (one to wash, one to wear) mainly for sleeping, although I've worn them during the day too. I also bought "Barely there" bras from Kohl's for tops that won't work with a sports bra (which is most of my wardrobe). They are really soft and comfy and they don't irriate my crease incisions. Highly recommend for that in-between period when you haven't reached your final size but you have to wear something!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #10  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 11 Post-op

I found a fabulous dress at Kohl's over the weekend and I'm wearing it at work today. It's conservative because it "covers" everything, and it's knee-length, but it's figure-hugging so I look *amazing* in it, even if I do say so myself It looks pretty normal from the front, but from the side-view.... ba-da bing, ba-da boom! LOL

Did I mention I don't have morning boob anymore? I haven't had it for a few days now. I do sometimes swell a little throughout the day. Last night, during my 45-minute drive home, I had to pop Tylenol. And of course they are still really high and tight. But I don't wake up with that horrid morning boob feeling anymore. Yay!

I still have trouble sleeping on my side but it gets just a little better every day.

I am scared that I will end up a DD. I'm already a *full* D, and I'm afraid with the D&F process that I will be a DD. I was freaking out to my bf the other day, and he said to me, "What's the worst that can happen? You'll have really big boobs. Oh, gee, that's soooo terrible." He's right.... so I have been trying to accept a very real possibility that I'll end up a DD.

His parents want to have the family come to their condo on the beach for Easter weekend, which means I need to go bathing suit shopping--this time for a conservative one! I've never really had much to cover up before, but I don't really want "the girls" out on display for bf's parents, siblings, nieces, & nephews.

But while I'm at it.... I'll probably look for a slutty bikini for non-family weekends!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #11  
Loving the boobies!!!

Hmmm

I just noticed something. I typed "Bada bing bada boom" and it substituted the first two letters of that and made it say "breast augmentation" LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #12  
Loving the boobies!!!

Day 12 Post-op

Y'all will love this one... I work in a company with about 320 employees and I am a higher-level manager, so I work closely with the CEO & CFO, who are both male. The CFO knew why I was on "vacation" last week because I had to tell him so I could take the sick time. Today the CEO (who is 75 yrs old) called me to his office to show me a video of his granddaughter (who is 22) on the news. The video wouldn't work so he told me, "Don't be mad at me but..." They did a story on plastic surgery and his granddaughter was talking about how more young people are doing it. He said "I'm a man and we notice these things, so I hope you're not offended, but I noticed you look different."

He added that I look good and I've always looked good. LOL He figures if a woman wants to do it so her clothes fit better or whatever, he's fine with that. We ended up talking about silicone/saline and the fact that for the first time in my life, I'm actually trying to cover them up (at work). There wasn't really much to cover before. LOL

Even though I've worked with him for 10 years, it was one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had. It's kind of a private issue for me, and I haven't told a lot of people. But I guess people will notice and comment. If I were that worried about what people thought, I wouldn't have done it in the first place!

I haven't noticed a lot of changes over the past few days... the girls are still really high, and I can't tell if they've dropped enough or at all. I was able to sleep a little better on my side last night so that's good.

Next Tuesday I have my 2nd post-op appt. My ps will decide if they are dropping enough, and if not I will have to wear..... THE STRAP. Also he will start me on massaging, which I'm not looking forward to because I've heard it hurts.

I'm looking forward to Friday night because it'll be my first "date night" with bf since the surgery and I plan to wear a strapless dress with no bra (I'm not supposed to go braless but I figure a couple of hours can't hurt) and watch bf's jaw drop!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #13  
Loving the boobies!!!

17 days post-op

A couple of days ago, I noticed a lot of flaking on my boobs. Almost like it was trying to shed a layer of skin. I posted a question on the recovery message board, and it turns out that this is very common, even with ladies who don't normally have dry skin.

My boobs are getting a little softer but have not dropped much, if at all. Tomorrow is my 2nd post-op, so wish me luck!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #14  
Loving the boobies!!!

Thumbs up

2nd post op appt

I had my 2nd post op appt this morning. He said everything looks good and that I need to start massages. Push down, squeeze together, push apart. He said I probably don't need to do the "push up" one because they are still pretty high. I have to do it twice/day for a year, and once/day forever.

The massaging helps prevent capsular contracture. Your body forms a scar capsule around the implant as a natural reaction to a foreign object. The capsule is supposed to be just a little bigger than the implant, so it can move around and feel squishy. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the capsule wants to tighten and squeeze the implant, which is capsular contracture. (The capsule contracts) So... by doing daily massages, it keeps the capsule loose. He also said, since I went under the muscle, exercise massages them because when the muscle contracts, it massages the implants.

He said the skin flakes because when it stretches, the top layer gets dry and flakes off. Nothing to be worried about.

He said my final size probably won't change a lot, but the shape will as the implants drop.

I go back in 6 weeks, and they will take an "after" picture. Yay!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dessire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #15  
Loving the boobies!!!

Update: One month post op!

Since I started massaging and going braless, the boobies have dropped considerably. They now look fake but not square. I can wear strapless stuff and I have that nice top cleavage.

And they are much softer now. Not soft and squishy but they can be squeezed and smooshed a little. Much more fun for my bf

I went bathing suit shopping and now I can wear so many more styles. I fill out everything!

They are still bigger than I had hoped... The frustrating part is that a 36D is tight and a little uncomfortable, but a 36DD is usually too big and sometimes too ugly! I also don't want to spend too much $$ on bras until I'm sure I'm at my final size.

But I do love them, for the most part. A few people at work have made comments but so far I've been able to sidestep them. But on the weekends, I let 'em hang out!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #16  
Loving the boobies!!!

Update: 8 weeks po!

I can't believe it was 8 weeks ago. I'll just hit the high points:

I no longer go braless for long periods of time. They just don't feel right without a bra. They actually move around now. LOL

Now I know what the "F" is in D&F. The girls are definitely rounding out nicely on the bottom. And I am a full DD now. I'm still trying to get over the size, but they do look nice.

They are very squishy and feel like boobs. They are NICE.

There's a phenomenon with really obese people who lose like 100 lbs. They look in a mirror and still see a fat person. Something like that has happened to me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see little boobs. Um, hel-lo, they are obviously not little.... they fit nicely into a 36DD.... it's really weird.

I just tried on a very low-cut dress today that I've had for a while, but always had to wear tons of padding to even look decent in it. I look so hot in it now, *I* want to do me!
Destined4D's, Cbaby, Msme and 9 others like this.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #17  
Loving the boobies!!!

Final post-op!

Had my final post-op appt today. The nurse said my scars are healing nicely, they are dropping fine, and they look very nice. I agreed with her! LOL She took "after" pics and asked if she could use them on their website! Yay! I'm gonna be famous! Or at least my boobs are... LOL

The last several days, my right boob has felt a little weird... like an ache... sometimes when I'm doing massages and push them together, it feels a little uncomfortable. The nurse said it's probably fine, that I'm right-handed and my right boob is the one that hurts, so maybe that's why. She said if it starts swelling, to come in. Otherwise, it's ok.

Also I asked about the veins. They are really visable now and sometimes it bothers me. She said that they will probably stay like that, which sucks, but oh well. She said the weight of the boobs can cause them to look strained, also my skin is a little thinner, and one of the veins was already a little visable before the surgery anyway so now it's more pronounced. Plus I'm fair skinned so that doesn't help!

So I don't have to go back for any more appts unless I feel the need to.

I saw my ex-husband for the 3rd time today since the surgery and he still didn't notice! I don't plan to tell him because it's none of his business and I don't feel the need to discuss it with him. So I am glad... surprised, but glad... that he didn't notice.

Last weekend I had this weird rash under my armpits, on the outsides of my boobs. Just redness, no welts or anything. It was weird. It came & went for a few days, and then just went away. I haven't figured out what it was.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #18  
Loving the boobies!!!

My boobies are famous!!!!

http://www.orlandofloridaplasticsurg...fter.aspx?id=1
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #19  
Loving the boobies!!!

It's me again! :wave:

It was 3 months yesterday since my surgery. Not a lot of changes over the past month but they have dropped just a little. The only way I can tell is by comparing my pics.

They look soooo awesome. I actually like shopping for bras and bathing suits and lingerie. I have accepted being a DD. It's not so bad. I can't even feel the implants unless I really go hunting for them. My bf looooves them. He says they feel so natural. I look at my sad little "befores" and I can't believe I lived with them for so long.

My scars are still pretty red, but my c-section scar took over a year to completely fade, so I know I have to be patient.

I love my boobies!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #20  
Loving the boobies!!!

4 month po fashion show!

I just posted a new album (it's private, so FR me if you want to see it) with some lingerie & bras (and without) at 4 months post op. If you go back and look at my other album "before and after" you will see what they looked like the day of surgery. They were hideous! And now they are beautiful! If you have Frankenboob and are wondering if they will ever look normal, maybe this will give you hope

Also, if you are pre-surgery, this will give you an idea of the changes you can expect.

I <3 boobies!
04-26-2019 07:41 AM
Paid Advertisement