Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By Kamo
  • 2 Post By Kamo
  • 2 Post By Kamo
  • 1 Post By Kamo
  • 1 Post By Kamo
  • 2 Post By Kamo
  • 3 Post By Kamo
  • 5 Post By Kamo
  • 2 Post By Kamo
Old 11-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #1  

Kamo is on a distinguished road

From New Zealand to Fort Lauderdale

19th November 2014

My youngest is officially 1, and I have officially begun to night-wean! This is stage 1 of fully weaning, and then I have to wait 3 months before I can have a BA Surgery, according to Revis and many other surgeons. Apparently some even make you wait 6 months! Night 1 of weaning went well… I put my girl to bed at 9pm, and I went to bed myself at midnight. She woke up pretty much constantly from midnight until 1:20am, where I gave in and let her have 1 feed.

I vowed I would not let her nurse again until 6am. Come 3.30am, she was nagging. She is NOT like my son was, when we night-weaned, but then, he was about 18-19 months old when we did it. She cries and grumbles and rolls around looking for it, falls asleep for a few minutes, then wakes up and does it all over again. By 4.30am, she was petering out and deciding it wasn't worth it - then she slept fully until 6.30am! I was super happy! I let her nurse then.

So night 1 was a success. If I can keep this up, in two weeks I should have her completely weaned from night nursing.

She doesn't nurse much during the day, so I'm confident I could completely wean her by Christmas, or January 2015! Then it's BOOBIES HERE WE COME!!

I've done a lot of researching around here, and I have talked to Revis and a few surgeons in NZ, and Australia, and I'm definitely happiest with Revis' results and consultation, and his methodology. What I'm debating now is if I go by myself, and leave my 1yo and 3yo at home with hubby and nana, or if we bring them all. My kids have never gone a day without me, especially my 1yo, so not sure how this will go down. My kids come before my boobies, obviously!
Levinia Heks likes this.
Kamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Kamo's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #2  

It's been done!

So, as a second part of my journal, I have actually BOOKED all my tickets!! I am going with Dr Revis, and I'm having a benelli lift + augmentation. I'm booked for June, so it gives me until March to stop breastfeeding completely, as he requires a 3 month gap so that the boobies look the way they will permanently (no extra sag).

I feel quite calm and collected at the moment - I'm madly looking at other girls' stories to find out what they packed! I'll be taking the bare minimum, and I think I may do some shopping in duty free for skincare and maybe some makeup (USA has so many brands we don't in NZ, and just bigger ranges).

One thing I know is that June is winter for me... so it's going to be Summer in the US. I imagined myself in hoodies and ugg boots, but I'm re-thinking that strategy for baggy shirts and flip-flops now. I know I want to bring my little U-pillow... here's a list of what I want to pack for now:

- Turtle Beach Headphones
- iPad (I'll leave my mac at home because it's too heavy, and I can use it for Skyping the family)
- Chargers
- Phone
- U-pillow
- Daily vitamin as I think I'll be eating pretty shocking
- 3 loose shirts
- 2 loose pants or leggings
- 1 large sweater/hoodie
- Jandals or maybe Skechers or maybe I'll buy a pair over there...
- Toothbrush
- Hairbrush
- Dry shampoo powder (I have to wash my hair everyday, so goodness knows what my hair will look like after 3-4 days of not being able to shampoo it)
- Journal for work
- Pens + such for art & work
- Candies + chocolates, because I know the hotel will charge 3 x more.
- Basic make up... foundation + Mascara is all probably. Maybe lip balm.
- 3 x undies (I'm staying 3 nights, but I'm actually gone for 6-7... I lose a few days travelling)
- Sports Bras or any recommended bras. Will get some to fit if I can whilst over there.
- Wallets obviously + passport, etc.

I will add to my list as it comes to me. I'm just going to take my little trundler bag so I can tow it, and I'll have to suck it up and ask the ladies to help me put it away - I'm hoping I can put it under the seat in front of me instead.

7 months seems so far away, but I know it will pass quickly, especially with 2 kiddies running around. I hope I don't forget completely, LOL!
SuperBoob and Levinia Heks like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #3  

Oh, as for decisions so far!

Looks like I'll be going for that standard '800ccs', fully submuscular/subfascia/whatever/youknowwhatImean, in silicone. No idea about profile yet. I am thinking Mod + to HP. Not UHP, as I love side-boob.
Levinia Heks and Tiger16 like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #4  

So, because this is all about prepping for my BA, I thought I would update on how the 'weaning' is going. It's not going terribly well. I had her going a 7 hour span at night time without nursing, while my husband was on night shift (because I can stand to rock her to sleep or let her whinge), but now that he's on normal shift, I can't let her make a lot of noise because she disturbs him and then he's exhausted going to work!

So we had a really rough night about 2 nights ago. She didn't eat any solid food ALL day, and this might be because of teething or something. She's a very fussy eater anyway, and I literally have to force feed her (no, seriously). My girl is very attached to her boobie, and after one night of like no sleep, I gave in by about 3am and let her nurse as she pleased because no one was sleeping!

My week long attempt at night weaning has now back-tracked. Miserably. I have until the end of February to have her fully weaned in order to give Revis the 3 months he needs of no-nursing-boobies. My plan of attack now is to minimize her day feeds with the 'don't ask, don't offer' method, and over the Christmas holiday, to night wean her again! But this time it will have to be a full night-wean, I've concluded, as opposed to only severing the 7 hours. For anyone else weaning...

I found that I put her to bed at about 8pm. The 7 hour method supposedly says that you let them nurse until YOU go to bed, so if she woke at 9pm, I'd nurse her, but when i come to bed at 11pm and nurse her, then from 11pm to 6am, you DON'T feed them. The problem I found is that to her, it must seem inconsistent to be asleep and be allowed to nurse, then suddenly to be denied it, only to be allowed to nurse again at 6am. I'll probably have to make it that if she goes to bed at 8-9pm, then she doesn't feed again all the way through until morning at 6-7am, so there's no confusion with the night time feeds.

I made a huge breakthrough recently, as I found a bottle she likes that doesn't leak (now she can drink through a straw, she also likes to drink from her brother's big bottle). The more fluid I can pump into her NOT from me, the better!! She is really a snuggler though, and she'll get all grumpy for ages even during the day until she nurses, and it's like her "happy juice", and she brightens up and is fine to play again for the next few hours.

Hahaha, time to find some distractions! I think I may start going for a drive if she gets upset. That helps. Anyway... just where I am at the moment! I'm also debating about sports bras. I know Revis uses rapid recovery, and also gives you a surgical bra... so I think I may hold off on buying anything extra.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-17-2015, 01:20 AM   #5  

13 days to wean!

Hi girls!

I've been very busy. We disappeared over Christmas, then again on the last long weekend about 1 week ago. We made another attempt at night weaning with the cot, and let me say, OH MY GOSH, I have one determined little girl! Long story short, my 3yo can climb into the cot, but not out, but my little 1yo was screaming like crazy, then she went silent...

I was standing around the corner from her door so she couldn't see me, and I could hear her grunting. It was dark but with vague moonlight, so I chanced a glance and saw a white limb (her PJs are white) going over the top of the cot. I leaped around the corner of the door frame and caught her as her legs came over the top, otherwise she would have face-planted!! Do not ask me how she managed it...

So we gave that up, but I kept reinforcing that I wasn't interested in night-nursing, so by the time we went away on our long weekend, she had the idea. I slept in the other room of our holiday home so she didn't wake my 3yo or husband, and now, she only nurses 1-2 times a night, and that's it! I've knocked all her day feeds out by keeping her well-fed and hydrated, and giving her lots of prune juice because she gets very constipated (seems to have eased now she's not nursing so much).

I am quite confident that I can knock it down to 1 feed just to go to sleep, which I will try in a few nights time. My boobies are drying up fast! Yesterday evening, I was engorged on one side because of the 18-24 hr gap, but this evening after the same gap, they weren't even close to being that full or tender! Hurrah!

On another note, the NZD has been dropping which sucks, because all my costs have gone up about 10-20%.

I also started packing my bag. I know. I'm 3 months away, but I packed my hospital bag for labour & delivery well in advance and I was so glad I did, because I was so busy in the weeks leading up to it that I wouldn't have had the time! So my bag currently has:

1: large zip-up hoodie
2: Comfy knee-length workout pants
3: dry shampoo (I have to wash my hair daily it's so oily, so having to go 2-4 days without washing it... ick...)
4: toiletries bag, which has:
- Clinique Moisturizer & toner in mini
- Travel size soap, vaseline moisturizer, shampoo & conditioner
- Perfume deoderant
- Toothbrush & paste
- Super cute travel shaver
5: USD in cash

I'm still a 12D. Pretty sure that will deflate to a 12B/C, or even hopefully a 10C if I lose enough fat.

Last edited by Kamo; 02-17-2015 at 01:32 AM. Reason: More details

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #6  

Hey y'all! So it's the 1st of March today, here in NZ. I am down to one feed at 2am, on one boob only. I was going to try and give my daughter none at all last night, but I gave in, in my half-asleep and delirious state. I just wanted to say that when she tried to pull my shirt off my boobs this morning, I decided to try the 'apple cider vinegar' on the nipple trick.

I've never laughed so hard in my life.

I wish I had a camera to catch her expression! She wrinkled her nose as she got close because of the smell, but she was still keen - as soon as that little mouth caught a nip of that taste, she looked so disgusted and horrified!

IT WORKS!! Oh my goodness, it was so funny XD

I tried offering her the boob again a few minutes later to see if the effect was lasting - she turned her head away instantly like "OH NO YOU DON'T MOM, THAT WAS FOUL."

Suffice is to say, I think she is weaned. My boobs are no longer filling up really, although there is still ab it of milk, they aren't engorged even after 48+ hours between feeds. Tonight, I will finally knock out that last 2am feed.

Should be a perfect 3 month gap, as my surgery is on the 3rd of June.

Cheers all! I will update my gallery with what my boobs like like as they dry up.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-12-2015, 02:38 AM   #7  

Oh my goodness! 20 days until I fly out! I don't believe it at all!

To follow up: my breasts did get engorged and tender for about 3-5 days, but it faded. They leaked on their own in the shower and seem to have become depressed soldiers.

They sagged terribly, but in the last 2 weeks, they've actually perked back up as a result of the gym visits, I believe. Not enough to negate a breast lift I don't think, but my nipples sit around the crease line instead of pointing down at the ground now!

I'm fairly positive about sticking to the 800ccs silicone. No idea on profile - will let Revis decide. Thinking HP or UHP, pending breast width.

I now have a friend coming, so we're going to go shopping in LAX first and then relax by the pool side post-op! So happy to have someone to take care of me. I don't think I'll regret it, because I think I'll be fairly sore and exhausted.

Been perusing plenty of booby pictures. Maygirl14 is definitely still my main goal :P (you rock girl, if you're reading this). I found a few on instagram I saved, as well as a few of the "don't wants" I saved just to be clear when I see Revis. Does he do more consults via email, or is it all in the pre-op? (message me! LOL!)

Anyway. Flights booked. Hotel booked. Shuttles booked. All set. Must remember to do the ESTA thing prior to departure.

Will update my travel must-haves later!
Tiger16 likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #8  

It happened!

Wow, after 24+ hours of flying and only 6-7 hours of sleep, we arrived in Florida. We literally just went to the hotel at 7am, got checked in early because I'm a Revis girl (lol) and crashed until 1:30pm. My pre op was at 3:30 so we got up, had showers and asked the hotel for a taxi. It was about $23 from the Hyatt Place to Revis' office.

Pre op was fun! You try on sizers that have a genuine breast shape unlike the rice sizers I had done at home. I popped a second little pin on New Zealand and marvelled at how far away his patients had come from.

My breast width ended up being 14.2 I think, so he showed me the 700cc hp which has a width of 14.8 (unless it was the 750, can't quite remember now). Based on my goal pictures he decided to bring in 650, 800, 700, and 750. He is as happy and gentle as everyone says and super friendly and informative! We went to Boca for some last minute shopping but had no idea it was THAT far away. $50 later on a taxi ride... We caught the tri rail home and we're just in time for the last one too. That was pre op!
PetrolHead likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #9  

The big day

We went to bed at midnight. 2 hours later my husband rang, not realising the time difference. After that I couldn't get back to sleep because I had my alarm set for 6am. Had to be at the hospital by 7. I was patient 2 of the day. I wasn't nervous, just restless. Still didn't feel real. Eventually I just caught up on Game of Thrones and then had my last shower. My friend was up by then.

I was so tired I forgot everything. I hadn't done my prescriptions the day before, then I forgot to bring my paperwork and wallet. Luckily my bestie remembered. Got to the hospital and I had to send her back to grab the scripts though!

Couldn't believe there was a McDonalds inside a hospital either but there it was lol. Checked in, then got scripts sorted and waited. Got called up to check and pay the hospital fee.

I think it was like 8:30am when I got called through by the nurses. I was still too tired to be nervous. Peed in the cup and had to wear the gown. Got to keep my undies on luckily lol! I had the best pre op nurses and a Russian anaesthesiologist of all places lol! So multicultural. They came and went.

At around 9 Revis came in to draw on me and we talked about GoT of all things! He disappeared and my best friend left. Next thing I remember the nurses and ze Russian, and that was it.

I was drowsily aware of water dripping down my face and an incredibly tight feeling on my chest. I would open my eyes vaguely to see people bustling about before falling asleep again.

I had had trouble breathing or something so they had kept oxygen on me. Apnea-something. Once I woke up more they took it off my face and wiped all the condensation off. I was pretty out of it for the next half an hour to an hour. They wheeled me off to recovery. Part of me was itching to know what size he had gone but I had no willpower to pull the blankets down and see what they looked like!

Levinia Heks and PetrolHead like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-22-2015, 11:46 PM   #10  

750ccs + donut lift!

My album has finally been updated! I'm soooo happy! And so sorry for not posting sooner - it's been super busy since I got back with family and business!

Where to start?!?! Obviously, I ended up with 750ccs. I didn't find out until post op the next day, and I really didn't know what to think looking at my breasts. From above, in the surgical bra, I didn't think they looked big at all. My best friend was like "O_O they're huge". I finally took the surgical bra off later that night, and I thought "...oh, maybe I only got 600." then I turned side on. i was like. "Sh!t. Maybe I got 800!" I really couldn't tell!!

I was really happy when he said he put in 750. It gave me the "finger width gap" - and I could NOT BELIEVE MY NIPPLES!!!

I seriously thought (even though I asked for a reduction) that they wouldn't look very different. Revis is amazing. My breasts are not recognizable. You know how everyone says "Don't go in expecting to look like your goal pictures, because what you have before dictates, and you'll just end up with bigger versions of what you have"? Yeah. NO!!!

Mine do not look like huge, swollen, monster-nipples! They look pert, and perky, and round, and soooo soo sos sososososososos perfect!

I just sent in 2.5week pictures, and Revis said I looked "soooooooooo good" for being so early! :3 I have recommended him to ANYONE remotely interested in boobs now, and I have a few post-baby friends like me who want to do it now! Hurrah!

It has given me my confidence back in the bedroom, even though I have my strips on still! And that is worth so much. If you're ever in doubt, don't be.

I went through all the "I'm doing so much damage to my body" things, but if you pick a surgeon who doesn't use terrible methods (Revis cuts no muscle or fascia, they simply move it out of the way and stretch it), then recovery is easy, and your body is not being shredded.

Uggghh! Recovery has been easy! And I have 2 kids, one is 18 months, one is 3 and a half - I've been able to get back to everything! The first 5 days are the hardest - but by all means, do-able. You're just stiff and very conscious of everything.

I woke up post-op able to only breathe tiny bits, but if I slowed down and breathed through my "stomach" I could handle it fine. That's it really. Got a burning pain under my right breast on day 3, which was the fascia pulling I think, but it settled down after a few days. My nipples are sensitive at the moment, but what do you expect??

I'll keep you all posted...

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #11  

So it has been nearly 4 weeks now! I took my steri-strips off one day early because I thought I may have popped an incision open and I waned to see. My nipples are a bit unsightly at the moment, and on the bottom side, one has a flat angle but I'm hoping that the skin will unfold back to being round, as it's just where the stitches held everything tight. I noticed within 2-3 days of no strips, that my nipples stretched out a little bit!

I hope they don't KEEP stretching. I'm tempted to buy some tape to take any pressure off the nipples. I have mild bruising around my right incision side, but the main thing for the last few days has been the INSANE ITCHING. Mostly my left breast! I have old stretch marks, and I'm not sure whether my itching has made them visible again, or if my itching has given me NEW ONES, LOL! I'm not fussed though.

They're just so darn pretty and round that I honestly can't complain! They're soft underneath, and fairly soft on top - just the muscle is still firm. I can kinda sleep on them now, and I can run fine and they don't feel like they're going to bounce up and smack me in the chops.

I can honestly say it is one of the best decisions ever. Pick your surgeon wisely girls! I'm so happy Revis has a fantastic technique. No muscle-cutting. I think that's why my recovery was so easy. I shrink at the thought of my muscles being cut when they don't need to be!

I still wear my surgical bra too. I find it comfy. They've dropped so well already, I'm tempted to go bra shopping! I want to get some good sports bras at the very least. I'm going to attempt a home workout for my lower body in the next few days too :3

Other than that, not much else to report! I'm clear to wear whatever bra, and do anything pretty much time to try on my cute new outfit for my hubby soon (it's a boobless corset, MUAHAHAHAHA)

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-12-2015, 02:30 AM   #12  

It has been over 2 months now, and I have been neglecting JBI because I have been SO BUSY! We finally have cattle on our farm, I'm getting into the middle of my PT course now (first two papers done, now I need to do work experience), we're renovating, etc...

There's nothing much to tell! I still get the odd zinger, and I've noticed that I sweat really badly between my boobs now which gives me like... sort of little pimply things... they're almost like blackheads, but white, and I have to stretch my skin taut to see them but they are there.

I also got the Jadelle in-arm implant for contraception, and it's given me a break out on my face as well as my cleavage area, but argh... it will settle.

SO SO HAPPY!

One nipple is still slightly misshapen, but I'll wait and see. I will try update photos at some point!
Cherry.Pie and Fluffysheep like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-02-2018, 02:26 AM   #13  

Wow... long time away!

Long time no see!

I don't even know if I'll see the same faces.../boobs around anymore! I'm nearing 3 years in, still have a wonky nipple, with a new development in one breast looking lopsided/larger.

Truth be told, I actually wish I had gotten SMALLER implants. They dropped and fluffed a lot, and yes, I can hide them in some sports bras and loose tops, but I feel like I look top-heavy, and I would have preferred the pert and perkier look... especially as a mother on the school run, I'm always conscious of them and try to hide them, as I did it for me and my husband so in no way do I want to have them in everyone else's face.

On the topic of the weird boob... it's my left one, perhaps the muscle isn't as developed and has "let go"? That's the only thing I can come up with. I've emailed Revis, and put the photos in my private album for now too... it looks like I either deleted all my originals or they got wiped - not sure, can't remember! Might be able to find them on an old hard drive somewhere.

Anyhow! Will update... and see if anyone remembers me. Ha!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #14  

Red face

Update!

Hello ladies!

So Revis replied and believes its some form of CC. I'm not 100% on this, as while one is wonky and bigger, neither breast is hard in any way - both still very soft and squishy! However, as one is about 20% larger, I am doing some local tests with a doctor to rule out anything like BIA-ALCL. Revis mentioned swelling/fluid can occur due to CC, but as I'm not booked yet, I'd like to rule out the worse things.

I have been discussing size with him. My natural BWD is 14.5cm (quite wide I think), and my current 750s are 15.1cm wide. Assuming I can go to 13.5cm as the narrowest being 1cm smaller than my natural breasts, then I can downsize to 425 MOD +, which have a 4.1cm projection. My current ones are about 6cm projection which is just too much. Even 4cm seems a lot. I have considered the classic mods, as that gets me down to 340ccs and around 3cm of projection!

At this stage, I am also considering explanting. If you are a friend, you can see my new album with my pre-BA pictures. I still had a LITTLE bit of tissue - maybe a B or little C Cup. So, depending on the doctors tests, I may opt to just take them out and know that I will not have to fork out any more $$. I'm seriously 50/50. I have enjoyed having boobs, but I get the pains now from the CC or whatever is causing the left to swell, they're too big for my lifestyle, and I do worry that even going to 425 will still leave me with sizeable boobs... I would like to be able to hide them, y'know! Especially at the gym. I feel I like top-heavy and cumbersome, and somewhat more overweight looking because you can't see how thin/lean I am if I hide the boobs, because it's all loose t-shirts, etc.

So yes... check back later and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a more concrete direction!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #15  

A quick update! I have decided to explant + lift at this stage. Maybe if we do really well financially down the track, I could opt for a fat transfer, LOL!

I am still getting aches and pains in the left, and it's also spreading to my sternum area. Almost like when I first had the surgery. They're still not hard in themselves. My testes came back negative for liquid in the pocket - I think I have worked out what makes the left look so much larger. It is like the bottom half of the implant is not held down by anything, so when I lean forward it swings forwards like a flap, whereas my right breast still has enough tissue/sinewy material over it to hold it down against my rib cage.

Probably early next year surgery now!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
07-15-2019 01:23 PM
Paid Advertisement