Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree64Likes
  • 16 Post By writeroflight
  • 4 Post By writeroflight
  • 5 Post By writeroflight
  • 2 Post By writeroflight
  • 5 Post By writeroflight
  • 3 Post By writeroflight
  • 1 Post By writeroflight
  • 1 Post By writeroflight
  • 3 Post By writeroflight
Old 03-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #1  

writeroflight will become famous soon enough

My Journey from flat to fab

I thought I'd post my story in hopes that maybe it'll help those who come after me and as a record for me to look back on.

THE BEGINNINGS....

I'm a relatively petite person, with a small frame (see stats in signature). So when I hit puberty and started developing I knew I wasn't ever going to be large chested. I was ok with that. When I reached the peak of puberty, I was a nice full B cup and was totally happy with that.

Several years later I got married. My husband & I married young (we were 19 almost 20). He thought my breasts were amazing. I didn't have any complaints either! =) A year later our first daughter was born. I had no idea that my breasts would swell as much as they did or my ass. But they did. I went from a B to a very full C cup during pregnancy and when I started nursing they were at least a D cup. Once nursing was over they deflated back down and they didn't look as good as they once had.

Fast forward 2 yrs when our 2nd child was born and the process repeated itself only this time my boobs got even bigger like DDD range. Holy moses they were big...too big. Of course the husband liked them. LOL! I nursed my son a lot longer than my daughter but once I weaned they shriveled up to almost nothing. It was really sad.

Then about 3 years after our 2nd child was born, I had some weird sort of hormonal surge or something and went from a deflated A/B cup back to a full C. I even went to see my ObGyn to see if anything was wrong. (I wasn't pregnant or anything.) Just a weird fluxuation in hormones and a tiny bit of weight gain....she said women's breasts change size many times in their life and to go with it! HAhaha! I was very happy. They looked great again.

Three years after that I got pregnant again for the 3rd and final time. The boobs got big again, the nursing boobs were in the DD range. I nursed our 3rd for a year. She was hard to wean and didn't want to and I was ready to be done. Well boy oh boy did I regret that because after I finally did wean her they shriveled up to small deflated B cups.

And that's where they've stayed for the last 7 years. I was not terribly happy about it but thought oh well that's the sacrifices of motherhood, your body loses it's shape & firmness. I was lucky in many other areas, no stretch marks on my stomach, a relatively flat stomach with little pooch after 3 babies, a nice round bigger booty. I couldn't really complain. But I didn't feel very well proportioned anymore. My top didn't match my bottom.

So about a year ago I started thinking about it off and on. Dismissing the idea, thinking it was incredibly selfish and completely unnecessary. So off and on I'd consider it but then usually talk myself out of it. Then a few months ago, I started doing more intensive research, trying to find surgeons in my area and any info that I could online to give me an idea of what it would all entail.

I decided to take the plunge and called a few of the doctors in my area, made consultation appointments and started asking questions. I found JBI and a wealth of info about breast augmentation and the rest is history.

After deciding on a surgeon, and discussing more in depth he suggested that I go with an under muscle placement since I am pretty small, and I don't have a ton of tissue to work with. After talking over all the pros & cons of the different types of implants I decided that the Mentor Memory Shape textured anatomical implants would probably serve me best.

I've kinda stressed about the size. I've looked at countless photos of ladies who have similar stats and starting point to mine, to get a good idea on the look I'm going for. And the average size of implant for the outcome I want, seems to be about 350-400ccs.

I want back the fullness that I've lost with all the babies & nursing and add just a little bit to the size. I don't want anything too big for my frame. Mostly I want to balance out the big booty with matching boobs! :P To be proportionate again with a little extra maybe. I mean, afterall, I'm paying all this money, might as well make them a little bigger, not just fuller!

So my surgery is scheduled for March 29th at 10am. My pre-op is March 9th. So stay tuned for that little adventure.

I'm happy to take friend requests if you want to see my albums (so far it's just my befores and sizers pics). =)
writeroflight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to writeroflight For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #2  

PRE-OP

Today was my pre-op appointment. I was there almost an hour and a half.
I had to sign a stack of papers and whatnot but it actually was less than I was expecting.

We tried the sizers one more time. This time taking more care to be precise. We determined that there's a bit of asymmetry and my left boob has a bit more volume. After trying on several combos we determined that we'd do 375cc in the left breast and 400cc in the right breast. Below you can see the side by sides of my natural look and the enhanced look.

I think I'll be pretty happy with this sizing. After weeks of worrying and agonizing over choosing the right size, I feel pretty confident in our choices. I don't think it's too big and I don't think it's too small. Like Goldilocks, it's just right! The 450 & 500 sizes just seemed too big. My patient coordinator and PS agreed.

We went over a laundry list of dos & don'ts. I'm soooooo excited because my PS only requires me to sleep in a 45 degree incline for the first 3 days. Believe it or not, that was one of the things I was least looking forward to. I'll probably actually try to make it a full 7 days because I hear it helps keep swelling down.

I've ordered a c-neck travel pillow, a bedrest pillow, some ice packs, a heating pad (for my back), a couple of front closure sports bras. I'm gonna get my prescriptions filled and pick up a few other things they recommended to have on hand. Other than that I'm all ready to go. Now I just have to wait 3 wks until the big day. The waiting will be the worst. Now that we've gotten details handled, I'm ready to move forward. Counting down the days!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #3  

MOMENTARY JITTERS....

I think I freaked myself out tonight.

Whenever I visit JBI I always click on the "New Posts" button at the top to see which threads have updated. And I made the mistake of clicking on the "Boobie Blues" thread. It's a bit unsettling to see so many ladies who are super depressed/disappointed/anxious after their surgeries. Then I wonder what is it they have in common that has them so unhappy. And then I wonder, will that be me?

I've been so excited once I decided that I really was gonna do it, I can't imagine feeling upset or depressed. I'm sure those women thought the same thing!?!

I'm not scared about having the surgery. I don't worry about unforeseen complications. I worry more about being sore and unable to bounce back as quickly as I'd like. I worry that they make look weird right at first and that might make me have some minor regrets. I worry about choosing the right size.

But for the most part I'm really looking forward to the whole process. I feel a bit of liberation to have this kind of control and to be able to fix something about myself that I don't like physically. I tend to think it'll give me a big boost of self confidence in that area that's been lacking for several years.

They say having a positive mental outlook will actually give you a positive outcome. So maybe just being positive about the whole process, being excited and anticipating all the changes will make my post surgery experience a much happier one.

I think the tendency with things like this is to constantly second guess yourself and your choices. It's a pretty permanent thing to modify your body this way. And it's pretty expensive too. You want to be sure and have no regrets (and hopefully not have to do it again for a decade or more). I think that's why many of us stress ourselves out about all the details.

Well anyway, that's what was rambling around in my head. Perhaps others can relate. I'm glad to have the support of those who've gone before me.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:40 AM   #4  

THE FINAL DAYS

Currently I'm on a road trip with a friend out in west Texas. It's been a nice little distraction so I don't go out of my mind with waiting, thinking, or planning for my surgery, which is in 6 days!

When I get home tomorrow there will be a lot to do to get ready for next week. So even those last few days will be jam packed with activities & tasks that'll hopefully keep my mind off of everything!

I experienced a bit of panic the other day. OMG! What am I doing? So much could go wrong! Is this really a responsible thing to do? And while I've found this community so incredibly helpful & encouraging, I've found I've had to really limit my time on here lately. So many posts involving complications, or botchery or constant pain. And I know women come here with issues to get reassurances or help from those who've gone before them. That's what this is for. But it can be a bit overwhelming to read nothing but bad stuff & then panic & worry if I'll have the same complications. So to keep myself in a good mental head space I've sorta had to distance myself from all the questions that get asked.

I know this week a lot of my fellow March surgery buddies are having their BAs and I'm anxiously awaiting news of how it's going for all of them. I hope all turns out well for those of us in this journey.

So I guess the next time I'll be posting, I'll have new boobs and be telling you guys about the experience!
Cherry Red and LovelyGoddess like this.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #5  

SURGERY DAY!!

Surprisingly I got about 5 hours of sleep last night and woke up mostly because I was having some weird "Walking Dead" dream. LOL! I was surprisingly calm the whole drive to the surgery center and during all the prep. I laughed and joked with the nurses, the anesthesiologist and even my doctor. After my doc drew his lines on me they gave me a sedative and I don't even remember being wheeled back to the operating room. The last thing I remember was waiting for that to happen. Then I woke up a couple hours later in recovery feeling very very sleepy and "heavy" is the only way I can describe it. The nurses said I'd done really well, my color & vitals were good and I was surprisingly very coherent and lucid.

My friend who was there with me and was the one to bring me home said that at one point about 30-45 mins before I woke up for real, I'd try to roll over onto my side, yank the heart monitor off and would pluck it right back off if anyone put it back on. HAHA! I also told them that my "teeth felt like they were swimming" and the nurse laughed and told my friend she'd NEVER heard that before. LOL! Of course I don't remember any of that.

The staff was just great. So nice, so comforting, constantly asking if I had questions or needed anything. The anesthesiologist practically stayed by my bed the first 30-45 mins of recovery and kept checking on me after that....according to my friend. He was an older grandfatherly type and was incredibly sweet which is not something I've ever encountered in an anesthesiologist before.

I woke up pretty quickly from the anesthesia and time really felt like it flew by. That was good. As for the boobs themselves, I haven't seen them. Won't until I take the ace bandages off. My pain has been very minimal so far and really it's just the tightness and soreness that's currently bothering me. They did tell me that tomorrow would probably feel worse but then on Thursday I should feel a bit better again. Currently the boobs are HUGE and swollen. The nurse said, don't panic they won't stay this size...LOL! But having been on this site & reading everything, I was very much prepared for what to expect and so far everything is going as great as it can be. I gotta say sleeping practically sitting up sucks. I'm currently pretty helpless and have to get others to do most everything for me. Simple things like opening bottles and doors...LOL.

I've had an appetite and I've been drinking a ton of water. So far only one pain pill (altho I'm due for another) and I had absolutely NO nausea at all even right after I woke up from anesthesia. So for that I'm eternally grateful.

Oh and the doc said he put in 400cc anatomical Mentor Memory Shape implants under the muscle. Everything during surgery went very well and I seemed to handle it all very easily which was good to hear. I'm about 10 yrs older than his average patient so he was pleased that I came out of it so well.

All in all it was a very easy experience and I was so glad I was prepared for all that's to come. Tomorrow might be a different story but I'm really into the power of positive thinking and fingers crossed tomorrow will be even better. I will be glad when the tightness and soreness becomes less and less!!

Well I feel this post has been very disjointed and all over the place....we'll blame it on the meds. But so far, so good!
Gigi70 and AirmanWife09 like this.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #6  

3 DAYS POST-OP

Things have been going pretty good. Better than I could've hoped for.

I hardly have any pain. Mostly it's just a tightness and fullness, some pulling around my incision site. My muscles all over my body are sore probably because I'm over-compensating trying not to use my arm and chest muscles as much. My lower back is hurting but that's probably because of the inclined sleeping.

I'm still pretty swollen and at this point that's the most annoying thing to me right now. I'm icing them for about 20 mins every hour or so. I can't wait for some of this swelling to subside. It's driving me nuts.

They're still set pretty far apart but of course it's only day 3. My post-op follow up isn't until Tuesday so I'll get more instructions then on how to proceed. I'm really very happy with how they've turned out.

Today was the first day I've had some energy. I got up and walked to the mailbox and haven't napped off and on all day long. I may try to venture out tomorrow to pick up a few things and see how that goes.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #7  

1 WEEK POST OP - DOCTOR'S APPT

So today I had my 1 wk post-op visit. Everything is looking good. Doc took the strips off the incisions and I'm to go back in 2 wks for another follow up. He said everything is looking really good. They aren't really swollen anymore and now it's just waiting around for the muscles to relax around the implant and let them settle in and soften. And really that could be within the next weeks or possibly months depending on my body.

I got a pretty decent night's sleep last night so my attitude today has been better. Lack of decent sleep makes me cranky & irritable and moody.

Other than some pulling along the outsides of my breasts, there's really no pain. The soreness is subsiding a bit. They still feel like foreign objects, like hard coconut shells stuck on my chest, (think Austin Powers FemBots....LOL). But he assured me that that was only temporary and they will soften and move around a bit.

I'm really very very pleased with the size, the shape, everything. All in all the whole process has been a very positive one. Being patient for everything to settle in I think is almost as hard as waiting to have the surgery itself. We're such an "instant gratification" society that it's hard to keep in mind that this process takes months.

I've posted my 1 wk photos in my "After-Early Days" photo album for those who are curious! There's even a good "before & after" comparison photo included!!
owlet, Embria and TaterTots like this.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #8  

TWO WEEKS POST-OP

*I have posted 2 wk post op pics if you guys want to take a look!

Life has returned to normal. I'm pretty much back to all normal activity with a few exceptions. (No exercising yet, not that I was big into exercising before..lol). I went back to work this last week with an Engagement Session last Wednesday and a 6 hr wedding on Saturday. The wedding Saturday went well, but I was definitely feeling it towards the end. I made sure to take it very easy on Sunday. It's good to be back to normal though.

I have no pain most of the time. Every now and then on my left side (the side boob area) I have what feels like internal sutures that are poking the crap out of me. It can be a sharp pain but it doesn't last very long. Usually it's a problem when I'm walking and the vibration of walking around. There's still a feeling of tightness and even heaviness on my chest but I'm adapting and I guess getting use to it. It feels like the muscles are still pretty tight and haven't relaxed much. My boobs are stiff and don't move and still seem like they should drop more into a more natural hang. I've got weeks or months yet so I'm trying not to be impatient. Patience was never something I was good at.

The only time I'm uncomfortable now is when I try to lay on my side to sleep. The pressure seems too much so I can't lay that way for very long. So I'm hoping given a few more days that will continue to subside and sleeping more peacefully will be a reality!

So....in clothes, they look completely normal, only slightly bigger than when I wore padded push up bras before the surgery. I fill out all my tops very nicely! But naked...holy crap they just seem huge to me....LOL! My doc says the swelling should be mostly gone at this point and this is the size they are. He says they may settle or "drop" a bit but yeah this is it. If I don't find the right type of bikini top, I'm gonna be pretty obscene at the beach or the pool this summer! LOL! My goodness! None of my old bikini tops really fit anymore, well ok they fit...but they don't cover much.

I think I'd rather have erred on the side of being bigger rather than smaller than I anticipated though. But I think I could've easily gone with 300- 350ccs and still been rather large and met my desired look. Perhaps CCs go a long way on my frame.

All in all though I'm pretty happy with how it's all coming together. I can't wait for them to soften up and have a more natural feeling. Next week I have my 3 wk follow up appointment with the doctor. He'll be checking my incisions and making sure they've healed up enough to take off the remaining steri strips. And supposedly at that time be cleared to go back to all normal daily activities. We shall see.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #9  

THREE WEEKS POST-OP

*I have posted new 3 wk progession photos in my early days album.

My body basically feels like it's completely normal again. I don't really notice any more tightness or "heaviness" that seemed so prevalent those first couple of weeks. I don't really experience any pain. Sometimes some "twinges" will occur but they are very momentary.

I'm now sleeping on my sides which is so much better than sleeping on my back!! Hallelujah!!

So I went to register to get the enhanced/extended warranty and got out my info for that, and imagine my surprise when I saw the actual cc amount listed for my left & right implants and I've got 390ccs, not 400. I guess it doesn't really matter but I thought that was interesting.

I had my 3 wk follow up today and my surgeon says everything looks great and is right on track. When I complained about them still being kinda hard, he said that they'll get softer and that by 3 months I should notice a significant difference. So the road is a long one. But no less than what I expected. I'm cleared to do whatever I want. Exercise, bras, swimming, etc. So that's nice. However, I'm not quite ready to go back to wired bras anytime soon. Haha!

I'm getting use to the size. It's gonna be interesting "dressing" them for the summer and the pool. None of my old swimsuit tops really fit with any kind of modesty. Which I'm kinda bummed about cuz I have some really cute ones that I love.

I won't have another follow up appointment until my 3 month mark (mid June). I can't wait to see all the changes in the coming months.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #10  

FORGOTTEN...

Something I didn't even think to look at yesterday when my doctor took off my remaining steri stripes, was the scars! It didn't occur to me until this morning when my husband asked and I laughed & said I hadn't even thought to check. LOL! oops! Out of sight out of mind?

Well upon inspection before my shower, I was pleasantly surprised that they look pretty damn amazing. I was expecting bigger, thicker and redder lines. But there's hardly anything there. I guess I have good genetics and my surgeon is a wizard! LOL!

So that's one less thing to worry about. Here they are...3wks post op...no idea why my phone photographed them at different color temperatures but whatever....oh and the stretch marks you might see aren't from the BA, but from my massive nursing boobs back in the day.
owlet likes this.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #11  

FOUR WEEK POST-OP

**New photos are posted in my album**

Well I'm a little late on posting...my official 4 wk mark was this past Tuesday (04/26/16)....but I've been out of town for the last 5 days at a conference and haven't had ANY time to post anything online anywhere pretty much.

I feel fantastic. Everything feels completely normal again, like I never had surgery. I spent this week at the conference running around, lifting stuff, moving like the old me before surgery. So it was a nice feeling that everything seems A-Ok. I can lay on my sides with total ease, but I have a feeling that being able to lay on my stomach isn't too far behind in the healing game.

The boobs are still a little stiff. They are definitely softer than they were 3 wks ago, but they've got a ways to go yet. Pretty soon, I should be able to put on a normal bra and push them together. That's the hope anyway.

They feel completely like a part of my body and like they've always been there. I still have a bit of shock when I see them naked. They are definitely WOW! Hahaha! I don't forsee any issues with the "boob greed" that gets discussed all the time. But never say never right? I don't know, they seem like the perfect size to me.

The scars are looking good. I can feel a tiny bit of scar tissue on the left side so the doctor said to massage the scar line with a little moisturizer every day after I get out of the shower (or in the shower) to help break that up or minimize it or whatever it is that it's suppose to do. The left side has been a bit more stubborn than the right.

I think from now on out I'll start posting every 2 wks instead of every week because things are slowing down progression wise.

I feel great....I think I look great and I'm really happy I made this choice for myself!
racergirl and Gigs like this.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #12  

SIX WEEKS POST-OP

**new progress photos are posted**

Well here I am at 6 wks post surgery and I have to say the boobs are really starting to feel like a regular part of my body. At first, I was freaked out a bit by how big I thought they were, but now that I've gotten use to them, I think they are the perfect size & I'm really glad I went higher than the 350ccs I'd originally planned. Not too big, not too small...it's like Goldilocks finding the "just right"....LOL! I hope my point of view about that stays that way!

They are softening up day by day. I actually don't mind & prefer the more firm feeling that highly cohesive gel implants give. I just want them to soften up enough that if I want to push them together for some cleavage they'll go together pretty easily. Not quite there yet!

I've seen a lot of threads on here lately about bottoming out and it has me a little freaked. I'm not showing any signs of it, just FYI. But it seems like a lot of the ladies experiencing it it happens around the 12 wk post-op mark. Ahhhhh!!! So now I want to be obsessive about wearing a snug sports bra 24/7. I know it's silly and there's really nothing I can do to prevent it per se, it's all about anatomy. I was never really concerned about CC....so I'm not really sure why I'm all worried about bottoming out. I doubt it'll be an issue...probably just my mind wanting to create a drama when there isn't any. I'm pretty sure other ladies have experienced the same thoughts/fears right?

I'm looking forward to this summer and getting to show them off a little more. Now that I'm a lot more comfortable with them and the size they are and that they're becoming a part of me, I'm feeling a lot more confident about really owning them. I kinda hid them under t-shirts for the first 3-4 wks. Now it's tight tank tops and looking into pasties so I can go braless most of the summer! I mean, afterall, one of the reasons I wanted bigger fuller boobs was to feel a bit more confident about my body....and to show it off.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:09 AM   #13  

EIGHT WEEKS POST-OP

**new photos have been posted**

Two whole months since surgery and I have to say this was the best decision I could've made for myself. I am loving the way everything looks. I like that I fill out swimsuit tops now. Or that I can wear other tops without a bra and still have boobs!!! I feel a lot more confident being topless and told my husband we need to find a topless beach for the summer! haha!

Things are softening up quite a bit. Almost too much actually. I prefer the firmer feel that the anatomicals give. So I kinda hope they don't soften up too much more. It seems like in the last 2 wks the "softening" has really started happening. I can push them together much easier now so cleavage is very va-va-voom.

My barely 1-finger gap between my boobs is now more of a 1 1/2 finger gap. The softening seems to have given them more wiggle room or something....lol. I'm ok with that. It's probably not noticeable to anyone but me anyway.

I can't quite lay on my stomach and it be completely comfortable. I got a massage last week and what little time I did spend on my stomach for it, was ok, but it wasn't great. I think it's mostly a mental thing. I know I can't "pop" them or anything but I have worried that laying on them like that will make them move in a way they shouldn't and cause CC or them to flip or some other equal and improbable thing. Maybe in another few weeks that won't be an issue at all.

I'm really looking forward to this summer and wearing cute/fun clothes that show the boobs off! I've gotten very comfortable with the size and don't mind if people notice them or not. I remember those first days/weeks after surgery thinking I'd gone too big. But I think most of that was swelling and just not being use to them yet. Now I think they are the perfect size for my frame and unless you knew I had work done, you'd think they were totally natural on me!

Here's a photo of me at the pool this past weekend:

I'm pretty thrilled with how it's all come together and how great they look so "soon" after having had the surgery. I'm lucky and blessed that it's worked out so well.

So you probably won't hear from me for awhile unless there's something major to report. I'll post an update after my 3 month follow up appointment and I'll continue to post photos for progression. Thanks for following me along on this journey. It's been a crazy, fun, wonderful, wild ride!! Everyone's support & encouragement has been a tremendous help. I hope I can pass along my knowledge to those starting their journeys and be the same encouraging & helpful spirit.
AirmanWife09, Jypper, Gigs and 1 others like this.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #14  

TWELVE WEEKS POST-OP

**new pics posted**

Today I had my 3 month follow up visit with my PS. He said everything is looking fantastic and he's really pleased with how everything has progressed!

At this point, everything feels like it's been a part of my body forever. They have softened up to the point that I can push them together...they jiggle, they bounce, they feel pretty normal (if not a little firmer than normal breast tissue, but I don't mind that).

Every now and then I'll have some bursts of "pain" or discomfort. But it only lasts for a few seconds. I can almost lay on my stomach with relative ease but it's still not the most comfortable thing ever. Other than that, I go about my daily life with no problems. I'm a bit more aware of my upper body muscles now because of the implants it's like I can feel the movements more precisely. I think as time goes on, that'll be less and less of a thing.

Currently my measurements are as follows:
ribcage: 29"
bust: 36.5" (I tend to fluctuate between 36 & 37 inches depending on the day)
waist: 26"
hips: 39"
So my current bra size is either a 30H or a 32G, which sounds huge but really it's very natural looking. It's hard to find bras because of my projection but I don't really care as I'm not a big fan of bras anyway...and I think braless will be more of a thing for me now that summer is in full swing!

This whole journey has been such a positive experience for me. I'd make the decision all over again. I'm so happy with how they've turned out and how everything looks. I couldn't have asked for better. It has been one of the best decisions I've made for myself!

Thank you to everyone who's followed along. And unless anything major happens, you'll see me post at the 6month mark to let you know how it's going.
AirmanWife09 likes this.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:45 AM   #15  

4 MONTHS POST-OP
**new photos posted**

So another month has passed. I keep thinking I'll start wishing they were bigger or have other kinds of regrets. But so far, I'm still 100% loving my decision to have a breast augmentation. I love the size they are and I don't think I could've picked anything better!

A few weeks ago, I started having a strange tingling sensation in my right breast and my boob felt "heavy". Since my BA, my lower poles in both sides had been numb, like they were covered in Orajel or something. And that gave the illusion of them being basically weightless. So with the right side starting to feel heavy and "hang down" I kinda panicked thinking I might be "bottoming out". So I called my surgeon's office and talked to my nurse and she assured me that the sensations I was feeling were the nerves reconnecting and I was starting to feel the weight of the implant now that the numbness was dissipating. She said to take weekly photos to reassure myself that they weren't bottoming out, more the feeling was back and they're relaxing into their final position basically. So that's what I've done and nothing looks different really, they just feel heavier. I kinda miss that weightless feeling. I could go braless without a care in the world. Now when I do it, they start to feel too heavy after awhile. So this is an instance where I wish things hadn't changed....I really enjoyed the weightless feeling. I've read where so many women don't really ever get the feeling back and now I'm wishing I were one of them...LOL!

I've very much enjoyed this summer wearing cute tops and bikinis and actually filling them out. It's been a nice self confidence boost!

It feels like I've had them for a long time, not just a few months. They haven't inhibited any part of my life, if anything I feel a lot more free if that makes any sense at all. I recently ordered some hair extensions because I've been trying to grow my hair out for like 3 yrs and it won't grow past the point it's at now. I never really considered using extensions to lengthen and thicken my hair but now having gone through a BA, I feel like having extra "fake" hair is not that big a deal. Not that I thought it was bad or anything, just ... idk... having had my boobs done, it's sort of given me the freedom to take control of some other things I want to change and not judge myself for it. Too often I see these "perfect" looking women on the cover or a magazine and think, I'll never look like that. That's right...and neither do they without a lot of help. So what if I want to wear extensions or have breast implants or whatever other "enhancement" I want to get. It's my life and my body and if it brings me joy...who cares what others think! So yeah, getting the BA has sorta given me back some of the power I'd let go over the years of being a mother and a housewife. I hope everyone else who's gone through this journey feels the same!

Anyway, I'll try to report back in another month and let you know how things are going.
CFboobies and Gigs like this.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #16  

6 MONTHS POST-OP (24wks post op)
**new photos posted**

Well I've made it halfway to a year post op. I've been fortunate that I haven't had to wait and wait like some to see my "results". If you look and compare my photos I've basically looked the same since the 2nd or 3rd month. But the feel and movement of the breasts is vastly different than it was. And that's something photos can't really capture. They say anatomicals take a lot longer to soften up and I started noticing changes at the 3 month mark, but they're even more progressed now.

My rightie is pretty squishy, bouncy and moves like a natural breast would. It's "dropped" a little more and hangs like a natural breast would. My leftie is a bit behind and possibly is gonna stay that way. My boobs were never twins and having this surgery has only made that more evident. My left is squishy & bouncy but not as much as the right. It hasn't "dropped" as much as the right so it still rides a bit higher than the right. Probably no one really notices it but me. I've been hyper aware of any changes, even if they're pretty undetectable to everyone else.

This summer was a lot of fun filling out cute tops, going without a bra and still looking like I had boobs was very exciting after years of not having that.

I feel the full weight of them now. All feeling has returned everywhere. No more numbness or loss of sensation. Nipples are pretty much back to regular sensitivity, thank god!! The hyper sensitivity that existed for quite awhile was really annoying. So I'm glad that's all back to normal.

I'm drawing a blank on anything else I wanted to say or if there was anything else to report.
I guess if anything comes to mind I'll let you know!

alecktra and Aka like this.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #17  

9 MONTHS POST-OP
**new photos posted**

Basically, everything is the same as the last time I checked in, with one big difference. Boy oh boy have they really softened up. They bounce, jiggle, squeeze just like natural breasts. They are probably still a tiny bit firmer than natural breast tissue but the difference is amazing how soft they've become to where they were 6 months ago!

I still haven't bought any "real" bras. I'm not terribly inclined to do so. Since being liberated from underwire and padding and pushup, I'm not in any big hurry to wrap myself back up in any of that. LOL! I've had friends who've asked if it's more fun to go bra shopping now. They're always shocked when I say NO. It's actually more of a challenge now since I wear a weird size that isn't usually carried in most stores. So it makes shopping for a bra a bit of a chore. Plus I just haven't found any that I thought fit well and were comfortable. So I'm usually braless, in a cute bralette or a sports/lounge bra. And I'm completely fine with that!

I still can't lay on my stomach for long periods of time. It's more comfortable than it was, but it's still not where I'd like it to be. But massages are no longer a problem, as long as I'm not laying on my stomach for too long, I do ok. I've read a lot that with anatomicals it can take awhile before laying on your stomach is comfortable. And for some it never is again! So there's that.

Overall I'm still extremely happy with my decision and I'm glad I did it. It's been one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

I guess that's all for now, I'll see you guys on my one year anniversary!!!!

*edited to add* .... my scars.... I never think about them cuz I never see them, but at this point in the journey they are almost completely non existent. They have lightened to almost the color of my skin and you can hardly tell they are there. There's ZERO scar tissue so when you run your finger over it, it doesn't feel bumpy or hard, you can hardly tell it was a scar!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #18  

12 MONTHS POST-OP
**new photos posted in my gallery**

So here we are....the one year anniversary of my surgery!!

I can still say without a doubt that this was the best decision I ever made for myself. I still have no regrets about any of it (size, shape, etc). They've turned out perfectly and I feel I've been very lucky through this whole process. I've had ZERO complications or issues and in some ways it feels like a lifetime ago that I got them!

All the nitty gritty details...

They have loosened up considerably. I just thought they were soft at my 3 month mark....but now, if you didn't know I'd had surgery, and you squeezed them you wouldn't be able to tell. I've seen many post here on the forum worried that textured anatomicals are super hard..and for some ladies I think they are. Mine are actually very squishy and jiggly. So I feel fortunate that I've had almost basically the same reaction as ladies with smooth round implants. If they get much softer than this I think I'll be a little disappointed. I prefer a slightly firmer feel, which was one of the reasons I liked the textured anatomicals so much.

ALLLLLLL feeling & sensation has returned. If there was any lingering nerve reconnection it's all finished now....So I've recovered all sense of touch & sensation in that area. Nipples are fine and all the skin & tissue around my breasts and even the lower poles. I know it's somewhat rare to recover all your lost feeling....or that's how it seems reading the forum....but mine has all come back. Nothing's too sensitive or too dull. I think I lucked out there!

My size is still holding steady from about 3-4 months post op. Not a lot of change in size for me. I'm ok with that. I think from this point forward I'd prefer the least amount of changes possible actually...LOL. I suppose tho, that I'm older I could have one of those hormone surges. I've had them in the past before breast implants...so I can't entirely rule it out.

My scars are almost completely non-existent. I think that's due in large part to my genetics. Almost all my scars from childhood/teen yrs aren't even visible anymore and there was nothing more put on them than antibiotic ointment. So when people ask me what I did...I have nothing to tell them because I did nothing. Again, I know that's incredibly lucky of me. That and I think the skill of my surgeon was INCREDIBLE. I suppose he gets some credit too!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE what it's done for my self confidence and my figure. I feel equally proportioned now...the top matches the bottom. I can't get over how amazing it is. And it breaks my heart a little when I read about ladies here on the forum who've suffered depression over their surgeries or implants. I hate that they weren't immediately (or in some cases never) very happy with their outcome. I wish I could pass out my joy & happiness that I feel towards mine to everyone who needed a little extra!!

I wish everyone could have the experience I've had. I feel incredibly lucky & blessed that my road has been an easy one. I know that's not the case for many ladies here. But isn't it great to have such a wonderful support system here?? Thank you to all who took the time to answer my newbie questions...for your patience, your gentleness and your forthrightness. Thank you to those that hang around after your successful surgeries and guide those just starting out. Your knowledge and experience has helped so many, including myself!!

So with that, I say....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to me!!
Lizy, CNL2317 and Taurus like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #19  

Yesterday was my 2 yr anniversary!

I'm here to report that things are ticking along all fine and dandy. I've had no issues or complaints.

I couldn't believe that my boobs would continue to change even after the one year mark. But they have. To some degree that's good and some it's not so good. I liked how they were at a year post op. I liked the firmer feel and the more "stay put" feel they had when I moved. Now they feel exactly like real tissue and move the same as well. That's not bad, most ladies love that result. So I'm not really complaining it's just not what I expected with the implant style I got. Part of the change came, I think, because I switched medications over a year ago and the result (among other things) was significant weight gain....like 25lbs (which is a lot for me, barely gained that when pregnant with either daughter). It was quite depressing actually. =/ Eeek!

So I bought a rowing machine and started using it regularly (along with other types of exercise). Not only did I lose weight but boy oh boy did my boobs loosen up tremendously after that. I just thought they were "loose" before....LOL! They don't sag, but they feel ... not heavier ... just .... I don't even know how to describe it. haha! It was slightly unsettling at first. But now I'm use to it and it's now the "norm".

I'm still 1000% loving my decision and I'm very very happy I chose this for myself. Half the time I forget I even have implants and literally everyone who finds out that I've had them done, is so shocked because of how natural my results look. I'm quite flattered but I also wonder since breast implants aren't that uncommon anymore if our thoughts & ideas on what's natural has changed. It's all good. I wouldn't change a thing.

My scars are practically non existent and are hard to see unless you're specifically looking. My gyno at my last visit even commented on how tiny they were and that the surgeon did an amazing job.

I just wanted to pop in and give everyone an update. I'll try to get updated pics later today too to post.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to me!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to writeroflight For This Useful Post:
04-26-2019 07:46 AM
Paid Advertisement