Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Starlight1974
Old 01-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #1  

Starlight1974 is on a distinguished road

The Girls are IN! Jan 23rd 2018 BA

The girls are in and home!

My BA with 200 cc silicone gummies (cohesive gel, sticks together, literally the doc cut one in half and it didnít leak, drain, ooze or anything. It sticks together) was 7:30AM Tue. 1/23. I was first for the day (and I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone that has the option. Then youíre not waiting for someone else that might go over time.) We had to be there at 6:30 and arrived just after 6 because someone else here posted they hit traffic and their PS rushed through the markings. Eeek! After barely any sleep the night before thatís the last worry I needed. At this point this past week Iíve been concerned over anesthesia and being put under. The fear was real but I kept the appointment trusting that I was in good hands.

Staff was just arriving, the anesthesiologist and about 4 others meandered by while I laid there to chat with me and the nurse put an IV in my hand so I was receiving hydration in my IV during the wait. She commented several times about the amount of tubing I had which was a lot, but she explained one of the tubes was actually a heater which would keep the liquid nice and comfortable going in so I wasnít as cold. Nice touch!

My PS got there about 7:25 and met my husband who doesnít do well with me going into anything like this (he couldnít be in the room for my C-section! I had to have his Mom with me 20 years ago!) So he was outta there as soon as the PS closed the curtain around us to start marking me. Bye honey!

The markup was quick and he explained first heís going to even them out (left is about an inch or a little more longer than the right, then the lift and implants. Then it was quickly afterward they started wheeling me back!

I was still waiting for nerves and tears. I havenít up to this point had expressed any fears and figured I was going to pour them out as soon as I was rolled into the surgery room. Didnít happen. There were 7 or 8 people in the room including my PS who rubbed my arm and that in itself was much appreciated. He talked to me and told me in about 6 seconds I was going to get a good sleep and then out I went.

I think we started the surgery at about 7:45 and at noon I was woken up so it was a bit of an operation! Nausea happened right away. Even though there were nausea meds in with the IV, I was still feeling it coming on and spoke up right away. The nurse asked if I easily got car sick Ė which I definitely do! I canít be a passenger ever. So keep this in mind if the same is true for you!

First Day of operation home I had everything ready I needed. Ice packs (I like the beaded reusable ones that are long and really for the back but they wrap around and strap to youÖ easy! Plus extras. The biggest issue for me is swelling! I donít really have pain, but when they feel engorgedÖ good gosh. I figured out 600mg of Motrin (what my doc recommended vs. Tylenol because he gave me Percoset/Oxy for the pain and you donít want to mix Tylenol and Percoset but Percoset pairs with Motrin as an inflammatory.)

Had plenty of good food on hand. Beef tips in sour cream and gravy, chewed 100 x so I can digest well. I think I ate a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup and a bowl of special k nutrition fiber serial for fiber.

Husband needed to help me to the bathroom a lot because I drank a lot of Gatorade to keep hydrated. For some reason he thought he could pull me up by my arms and thank God for these forumsÖ I knew better and taught him better so he understood t help me sit up only. I was able to scoot my but to the end of the chair and perfectly position my legs underneath to lift with my legs only. Perfect. No issues!

I think most of the time I slept. I felt very awake a few times but quickly dozed right off after eating or drinking or watching a little television.

Sleep was good Ė had the recliner nicely fluffed with lots of blankets and warm. I think it was comfier than my bed! I didnít lay straight back and I didnít want a pillow because this chair is very soft and cushy leather, covered with a blanket and sheet. My littlest Chihuahua has not left me at all and lays atop a pillow that I have on my stomach.

Day 1 Post Op (Sort of day 2 since it was yesterday morning)

Keeping up on the meds is the most important along with the ice packs and drinking water. I slept on 1 oxy last night all through the night. 8am my body woke me up and told me to pee and my boobs felt engorged so time for the Valium. Hubby slept in the bed in the room so as soon as I heard him reach for his water (I didnít want to wake him) I asked if he could help me pee and we did our routine and got the Valium in me with a good breakfast of cheeseburgers (OMG I was starving!) I snack too on Belvita blueberry crackers. YUM. Eating isnít a problem but we all know whatís coming nextÖ
I feel like I am going to need to poop soon and Iíve felt that way since early this afternoon and now itís 12:22 am. Hubby gave me a lax about 30 minutes ago with my broccoli chicken dinner.

Iíve been able to work on the laptop on top of the pillow too and able to talk and do business on the phone. So the pain is fine, no issues there. Itís just maintenance of the swelling, every four house Iím rotating Valium and the ibuprofen 600mg. Standing up, walking around (still with compression socks on).

SO I did an unveil to change my padding as told, around 5 tonight and my ps has everything so taped I cannot see! (YayÖ I did not want to!) Some bruising. They look small but theyíre sitting up high and no fluffing of course, and I love where they are and my nipples which I can see the bumps through the bra they gave me that Iím wearing. And.... they're even looking! So all in all, quite happy! When I figure out how, I'll post my pics so far.
Harter4 likes this.
Starlight1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #2  

Day 2 Post Op

I started off this morning feeling excellent. I even got myself up out of the recliner with no help to the bathroom and got my coffee, got my Valium in me with my laptop and got some work done from my kitchen table. Maybe upright a little too long, time to lay down when they start to harden/contract and it's too early for another muscle relaxer.

Husband had to run some errands. Here I am feeling pretty good so I load the dishwasher, finish some work and then as he comes home I'm telling him they're hard and hurt. Duh. Time for Valium finally and to lay back down and remind myself I'm not wonder woman today.

He leaves again and there I go again to get myself up. I used my left arm to support my weight and help myself up. Bad idea. That pec muscle just schooled me on what I just simply cannot do. Time to step it back a notch and give myself another pamper day.

Now for the TMI info. I went twice... both times nothing more than a nugget. Hubby is on the way out for suppositories and an over the counter lax. X-lax didn't do it for me last night. He said I'll feel like a different person once I've gone and I hope so. Between my pissed off pec and my bloated/uncomfortable self, I feel irritated and mean.

Reminder.... day 2 or even 3, no matter how good we feel, we just underwent major surgery and need to remember that and take it nice and slow and easy!
Sunflowersummer likes this.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #3  

Day 3 Post Op

I slept so much and so well. The pain isn't there so no more pain killers, just Valium for the muscles. The girls are HARD and wake me to tell me it's time for more. About 6.5 hours like clock work. I'm keeping constant icepacks rotating, only sitting up for about 30 minutes at a time for laptop work and back down as much as possible.

My favorite because it covers the girls and has a strap for ease of moving around. Good to have two to interchange them.
goo.gl/MLvJzC

I'm going to be out and about tomorrow, not physically strenuous but more than I've moved around for a long time. I won't have my ice packs and I can't take anything for pain or muscle relaxing so a little nervous with that!

I keep reading the forms about dropping and fluffing. Everything says weeks and my doc's papework says months. I'm really hoping weeks. I think I'm feelign some of that bummed out emotional stage right now.

On a lighter note, I can see my nipples and my shape beneath the gauze and bra and my nipples are straight, the positioning looks superb and the bottoms of each are in line! That's something positive! I just need to give it time.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #4  

I thought I was going to go Elvis-Style, on the toilet!

Pre-BA Ladies reading this. Keep in mind between the Opiods (sp?) and the anesthesia, your bowels just. stop. Be prepared. Drink LOTS of water, get your Colace and your suppositories ready and start on the colace right away. I waited a full day thinking it'll be fine. I was wrong. At one point with my leg up on the wall and my head leaned over on the other wall that this was going to be how I was going to die. It was when I asked my husband to please get me a couple of rubber gloves that I said to hell with it. It's GOT to happen.

I survived and it wasn't pretty what had to be done but we're being real here. Take precautions so you have a lesser extreme situation. No one needs hemorrhoids here in addition to healing! If you look at my uploaded day 3 pic from today you'll see the center of my chest looks like a blood bump and I'm fairly sure that wasn't there yesterday! I did have a moment where I tried to solely help myself up on one arm and that wasn't good. (Don't do that).

For the evening and half of tomorrow I'm taking it slow... staying down and on my back as much as I can.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:29 PM   #5  

Day 4 Post Op

I feel terrific. No pain other than the oops occasional trying to pull myself up. Other than that Tylenol is fine for managing that. Still taking the Valium to soften up the muscles which still feel like boulders when they do tighten up about every 7/8 hours. Still in the recliner for maybe one more night and def keeping up on the Colace stool softeners to avoid a repeat of my earlier update from yesterday.

The visual difference is very slight but I can see it in the volume and feel maybe the right is starting to drop a little bit. Post op with the PS is Tuesdsay and hoping I can massage or increase some settling. I have been wearing the chest strap though his nurse doesn't think it's necessary.

The hardest is the wait ... between the bruising and shaping it's hard to watch. Hubby said they do look really great already! That's promising and he's sweet. Just time...
Old 01-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #6  

Day 5 and 6

My day 5 I had scheduled a couple of appointments. Luckily one cancelled because I completely underestimated how taxing standing, walking - for even an hour would be on my body and I think largely in part to not having regular bowel movements. I felt ... toxic. I came home and laid in my recliner and within 5 hours woke up and fell asleep 3x. Wow.

My husband kept waking me to take my Colace along with Philips Milk of Magnesia, worried that I was getting a blockage. (Stimulant-free). I was out by 11pm for the night and he woke me once more before he went to bed with another few ounces of MoM.

8:10 am this morning the heavens opened up and they continued to do so (and I'm sorry to be gross but guys, seriously, no effing joke.... this could cause SERIOUS complications, ruptures, infections, hospital visits, what have you.) Treat your bowels just as important as your new tatas.

By 10:30 I was out showing property and I felt REBORN. Not toxic, all the bit in tune and awake and I haven't been sleepy all day. What a difference a day and a couple of good BMs make after what our bodies have been through!
sweetiepie25 likes this.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:26 PM   #7  

7 days post op, photos included

PS removed my taping at my post op appointment this morning and was very happy with the results. Me too thus far! Instructed to massage 2-3x per day, a good 5 or 6 full squeezes behind my breast tissue (I had a lot of tissue) to get to the 200 cc's behind and work it out. A few zingers. Still so exhausted. Really, they should say give yourself a week to 10 days to recoup. The sleep is the big thing. I -can't- stay awake and I'm not taking anything.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:43 PM   #8  

8 days post op
At this point n complications at all. I still haven't been able to sleep in bed, not even on the wedge I bought for this as the recliner is easier. I feel a tightness/soreness in my sternum from overdoing it day 2 when I laid back for hubby to change my dressings when I should have just stayed upright. Live and learn.
Massaging as instructed. Trying not to judge but the slices are pretty in my face. Healing well though, at least by the itchiness I feel almost constantly.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #9  

9 days
And all I can think about is the ITCH. I can't put scar cream on yet for about 11 more days, not that it'll take away this itch but any recommendations are welcome.

Zingers, nothing too painful. Still tough driving a lot (I'm in real estate... I drive and drive, open doors, lockboxes, etc. so it's quite more active than I originally was thinking it would be for me.)

In my blouse/sweater - I look fantastic. Outside... I think I'm just having that OMG struggle ... hopefully it just gets better and better like so many photos of others I see here and their stories. Which, truly help.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #10  

13 days in!
And I have a love/hate relationship with them right now. I love them IN A SHIRT. I look at them as man boobs outside of a shirt. I hope they drastically change and I can see them as women breasts soon. That's all for now. Husband disagrees and says they're big, and hot. But we know as women, what we need to see for ourselves.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #11  

I'm going to wait a day and post pics but today is 16 days and I DO LOVE my boobs. I added 200ccs only, 60 maybe get lost under the pec so let's say 150ish but I had breasts before, large volume. This is just to add to the part I lost in the deflation of my DD's but I am over the MOON. My husband is always supportive but exceptionally so. Loves my boobies as much as I do! And he's known them for 26 of my 43 years now! THANK YOU Dr. Fedele in Beachwood, Ohio!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #12  

2 months post op

Hi Ladies,
I've been awol. Part busy. Part out of town. But mainly, disappointed. I know, I know, it's only been 2 months. Give it 4 more. I get that and I am. But a gal can't help but to feel what she feels.

I went out of town about 3 weeks ago and during that trip found my stitches opening (exterior) and creating a large hole. It actually looks like the stitch was closed up and grew into my skin but wasn't dissolving and my skin opened up. I taped the eff out of them and went on with my trip. Got back and doc looked them over and said not to worry, it happens sometimes and we'll see how it works out - might need a slight revision.

Mainly I'm back and forth. I don't want to go through this recovery period again but I don't feel like these are my breasts. Maybe I've been with my big ol' sagging ones so long I'm still not married to these yet, but I feel they're small even though they fit my bra cup?? Albeit they're not overflowing anymore. The shape is off to me. I feel I should have gone bigger in cc's, maybe from 200 to even 350, and maybe high profile because I don't feel they protrude enough unless they're in the lightly padded bra.

At either rate, months to go. So I will see. But I think a revision and BA#2 is going to come to order.
07-15-2019 01:38 PM
Paid Advertisement