Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Mariketa
  • 2 Post By Mariketa
  • 2 Post By Mariketa
  • 2 Post By Mariketa
  • 1 Post By Mariketa
  • 2 Post By Mariketa
Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #1  

Mariketa is on a distinguished road

From 500CC to 300CC

I got my first set of implants just over 5 years ago. After having two kids, I was feeling the need to get my "sexy" back, and since the biggest toll had been on my once glorious boobs, that was where I wanted to start. I was a 32DD before surgery, but it was very little fat, mostly just a ton of loose skin since I'd gotten up to a 32i while I was nursing my second son. I had a good friend who had recently gotten implants, and she lived in my area. She'd done quite a few consults but decided on Dr. Mark Schusterman in Houston. I did not get more than one consult, once I met Dr. Schusterman, I just knew he was the man for the job. At the time, I told him I wanted my boobs to be big, with upper pole fullness. He offered me a choice of 500CC or 380CC, but recommended I do the larger of the two since he would also be doing a mastopexy and removing some tissue. We agreed on 500CC and he did exactly what he promised.

Fast forward 2 years, I was just about over how big my boobs were. They were heavy, hard to shop for, and I started to feel like they made me look heavier overall, since I was always buying shirts for "them", and those shirts were much larger than everything I had going on from boobs down. I started thinking then about having them reduced but promised I'd give myself 5 years, just to be sure.

This year was the year, I was positive I wanted them smaller, so I went right back to Dr. Schusterman. We talked about what I wanted, a much bigger lift and an implant exchange. He suggested 300CC this time around, and I was totally on board. We scheduled the surgery 2 weeks from that date (I had the surgery yesterday), and then I just had to wait. He did make me get a mammogram this time around because I am 40, but it all came out fine. My pre-op appointment consisted of the nurse going over procedures, telling me what not to eat or take two weeks before hand (red wine is a big no), and instructing me to go downstairs to get my blood drawn. It was a quick appointment, I was in and out in less than a half hour.

My mother spent the night the evening before the surgery, and we left the house at 7 a.m. to get to an 8:30 check-in at Hermann. The staff were all great. They checked me in and had me in a bed by 9:30. My mom and I sat there chatting about TV shows we'd been watching, and reading about obscure relatives on Wikipedia. My surgery was not scheduled until 10:30, so I figured I'd have some waiting to do. The nurse came in and ran an IV, they asked me all the same questions 5 times, made me pee in a cup, etc. The anesthesiologist came in and asked about my past history with anesthesia. I'm a barfer, I've only been under 2 other times, once for my first BA and once for an appendectomy when I was 12 years old. I explained to him that I would most likely be sick upon waking up, so he made a note to add Versed (I think) to my IV to keep that from happening. They also gave me a scopalomine patch to start wearing the morning of the surgery. I was really hoping there'd be no vomit this time around.

Around that time, the doctor came in, went over again what he would be doing and what my expectations were. I showed him a "goal boob" picture and he said he could do it. Then he took out the lovely black sharpie and turned my chest into a series of lines and dots, even asking the nurse for a tape measure at one point so he could get the nipples just right.

Once that was done, we were ready to go, the anesthesia team gave me the loopy medication, the nurse that was assisting came in and introduced herself, then my mom gave me a big kiss on the cheek because parents worry.

I was wheeled back into the OR, and I do remember them moving me from the gurney to the operating table. I remember laying back and them putting an oxygen mask over my face, and then I remember no more. My mom did tell me the doctor came out after about 2.5 hours (it was supposed to be a 2-hour procedure) and told her that I did great and that there was just a lot of "jockeying me from sitting to laying" so that he could get my nipples just right. He said I was coming out of anesthesia now, and that I just kept saying "I don't like this, I don't like this." which makes sense because I don't like it.

When I woke up, I had to pee, so I asked for a bedpan and managed to entirely miss it, which would have been humiliating if I could have brought myself to care at all, but I was so out of it, ugh. I asked for a barf bag because of course, I wasn't getting out of this without puking, and I didn't. When I had to pee again, I asked the nurse to walk me to the bathroom, that was WAY better than the bedpan for sure. After that, she helped me dress and told me I'd done well picking clothes to wear home. I was so proud, lol. I had on my favorite pair of drawstring teddy bear pajamas, and a really loud button down hawaiian shirt I bought my husband as a joke when we took a cruise.

She got a wheelchair because I was having a really hard time staying upright, even with assistance, and she wheeled me to the door where my mom was waiting. I got into the car, and we began the drive home. Apparently, I was complaining so much that I was hungry that my mom stopped at a gas station and got me a sprite and a banana muffin. Thankfully they had given me another sick bag, so at least when I barfed in her car, it was in the bag.

She got me home, handed me off to my husband who put me to bed and then went home. I tried eating something again after I'd been home for 6 hours, but I couldn't keep it down. Finally, I managed a half piece of toast about 12 hours after surgery. Mostly I slept all day long, and still, I'm quite dizzy and out of it.

I haven't been able to see the girls yet, but I am taking a shower today, so I'm very excited to see what they look like. Even without seeing them though, I can tell my boobs are so much smaller, I love them already! Even though I know they are swollen, the difference when I look down at my am chest is amazing, and the sleep shirt I wore last night wasn't stretched tight like it normally is. I am looking so forward to buying new shirts that don't have to bag so they'll fit my chest, and I looking way forward to buying a bikini that doesn't have to hold 10 pounds of breast.

The doctor did give me an antibiotic to take 3 times a day, and he gave me codeine. I took one codeine last night, but only because I was having a hard time sleeping in an elevated position. This morning I am sore, but it's NOTHING like the first time. I don't have enough pain to take the medication, so I'll save it for night time if I need it again. All in all, this has been miles better than the initial mastopexy and implant. My doctor said it would most likely be the case because the pocket was already there.

My first followup is on the 14th, and I already have an order in with the doctor's office to begin their scar treatment program once a month has passed. I used it last time and was very happy with how things turned out.

My personal stats, for those of you who want to compare:

5'5" tall
135 pounds
Size 4 or 6 in clothes
Athletic

Mastopexy with 500CC in 2012
Mastopexy with 300CC in 2018
Tracelement and Natachachacha like this.
Mariketa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mariketa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #2  

TOOK A SHOWER

I took a shower today and was able to remove the gauze bandages so I could see the girls for the first time. They are much smaller, even with the swelling, and have a very large gap between them. I was expecting that, though since I have always had a big gap between my boobs. Right now they look awful, tons of bruising, extremely hard, all the things you'd expect. I was able to stay off the codeine until about a half hour ago, but I've since cut one in half and taken it. I took a picture this morning, so I'll see if I can upload it somehow. I also ordered a Brilliant Contours (or something) compression bra. I have to wear this one for 4 days, but it's got blood on it, so I'd like to have another to wear while I wash. I remember from last time that it was quite awhile before I could wear my underwire bras again, so I just wore compression bras the whole time. I plan on doing that again. I've already been online looking at all the cute shirts and bathing suits I'm going to buy, and I swear I look skinner already. It's amazing how much my old boobs were giving the illusion of a heavier body overall.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #3  

Day 2 Post Op

Things are much sorer today, I'll definitely be using the pain medication I was given. I weighed myself this morning and have gained almost 5 pounds since yesterday. I know that the medications they give you can cause constipation, so I'll also be taking something to help with that. I'm eager for this swelling to go down, the right is much larger than the left, and the bruising much worse on that side as well. Everything feels very tight. The waiting is the hardest part. I want to see the final results like right now because based on how they look at the moment, I can't even imagine them being "normal" again. I have added a day 2 picture in my album if you'd like to see the progression so far.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #4  

Day 3 Post Op

Yesterday I took a laxative in the morning and kept on drinking a lot of water. Nothing happened all day, so this morning I took a stool softener and was finally able to "go". I'm extremely bloated, my stomach is poochy and round like I'm 4 months pregnant, and in general, I'm just uncomfortable. The good news is that the girls are looking better and better. I have noticed a bit of a ridge on my right breast, where I think I can feel the implant. I'm not too worried about it. Since it's only the 3rd day, I figure my breasts have a lot of changing to do over the next few weeks/months. All in all, I'm very happy with how they look and feel. My new surgical bra should be here today and I'm excited to change it. I'm totally over sleeping on my back, even after only 3 days. Sleep isn't happening easily and I'm groggy all day long because of it. My post op is on the 14th, and sleep will be one of the first things I ask about. I'll upload another picture today, but it'll look different than the other two because I'm trying to find a better angle out of the direct light of a window behind me. I'm not in much pain anymore at all, yesterday was pretty tough, but today seems to be much better. I also have feeling in both of my nipples right now, which is great. One of the things that happened with my first BA/Mastopexy was that I had hypersensitivity in my left nipple. It basically hurt all the time, and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mariketa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #5  

Day 4 Post Op

The whole world is looking brighter today! My chest is so much less sore, the bruises are slowly starting to fade, and the swelling is going down. I'm still sleeping on my back, and I might sell one of my kids if it meant I could side sleep again (kidding!), but overall, things are looking up. I absolutely love the Brilliant Contours bra I got, and I think I'm going to order another after I see my PS on Wednesday. I just want to get his approval on it before I make the commitment. Either way, I can see myself swapping out my night time bras for this one, so I'll definitely be owning more than one sometime soon. I'm pretty much pain-free for the most part, except at night. I have been taking a pill before bed because even with sleeping elevated, it feels like my breasts are pulling off to the sides a bit, and that's not comfortable. This new bra really helps with it, but last night was the first night I wore it to bed, and I'd already taken a pill beforehand. I'll try tonight with no pill and see how it goes. My left breast is rounding out nicely and I have that lovely slope shape from my chest to my nipple. I didn't have that with my 500CC's, it was all upper pole fullness. He did quite a lift on both, I asked him to, and I'm glad for it, but I do think it's going to take more time this go round for my breasts to take their final shape. I'm not sure about D&F, I have no idea if it'll happen this time or not. I already had a pocket, but I'm sure he had to do some revision since I dropped 200CC in each breast. My right breast is much more swollen than my left, and that makes sense since I'm right-handed and the muscle is no doubt getting a lot more use than the other side. The bruising is also much worse on that side, so maybe it was a problem child for him on the operating table. I'm about to shower, so I'll take a picture and upload it. Unfortunately, the pictures don't really do a great job of showing progression. I'm sure it's because I'm having a tough time taking them one-handed, but hopefully, you can see a bit that things are getting better and better, even just 4 days in.
Tracelement likes this.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #6  

5 DPO

First off, I think I found a good angle for pictures today, so from here on out, all of the pics in my album should be uniform. Healing wise, things are going well. My left is behaving much more nicely than my right. Since I had an explant and lift with smaller implants replaced, I feel like the left has already started dropping a bit. The right has done nothing of the sort. It's high, hard and very sore. You can see in my pictures that it looks larger as well. It's much more pronounced on "film", but I can see it in the mirror for sure as well. Both breasts itch like crazy, but I'm off the pain meds except for taking one pill at night to help me sleep. Even sleeping elevated, they seem to ache more when I lay down-ish. I'm getting "zingers" in my right nipple, and I have had feeling in the nipple for a couple of days, so hopefully, that's just things reconnecting and getting back to normal. The steri strips are firmly in place so I can't see the stitches, but it all seems to look fine from what I can tell. It's everything in my power not to take the surgical bra off 10 times a day and see if they look any different. I have my first post op on Wednesday, and I'm anxious a bit to hear the doctor say that everything is going fine. I'll update my album today with day 4 and day 5, but from here on out, they should all look at least similar to day 5. Thank goodness for those phone holders that suction to a window. I forgot I even had one.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #7  

6 Days Post Op

The swelling is going down for sure, the bruising under my right breast is starting to fade to a lovely yellow color. It's pretty much all under my breast though, way worse than on the left, so I figure I've got a couple more weeks of bruising at least. I've posted a new picture, not sure why it's coming out sideways when I look at it on my computer. I swear I'm taking it the right way. My right is still bigger than my left, so I'm crossing my fingers for it to have just been the trickier breast, requiring more work, and therefore having more swelling. It's also my dominant hand, so hopefully the muscle is hanging on to the implant more than on the other side. I have my post op on Wednesday and I'll ask him about it, maybe. I don't want to be a nervous nelly, and I really don't think there's a problem, and I also don't think there's anything he can do about it right now if the right was going to just be bigger than the left. I have to stop thinking about it, it's driving me crazy. Off the pain meds completely except at night, and if I could sleep on my side, I think I'd be off totally. But, sleeping on my side hurts like mad, so that's a no go. I feel like I had to sleep on my back and elevated for 2 weeks last time, and he told me 4 weeks this time, so we'll see. If it means they'll both look like leftie, I'll do anything!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #8  

7 Days Post Op

My first post op appointment is tomorrow. I'm really anxious to have the doctor reassure me that the girls will be a little more like twins as things settle down. The right feels so much tighter than the left, and I'm not sure if it's swelling or that it's my dominant arm, but it's just bigger/fuller and it's bugging me, though I'm trying not to let it. The pictures really amplify the difference, it's much more subtle in person, but still noticeable, especially to me. I'm not sure if it's that lefty has dropped and righty has not, but that might be part of it. It could also be that righty was more work (I feel like I'm just repeating myself here). I can see that the area under my right breast, my lower pole, is a straight line almost, not like it was immediately after surgery, but still noticeable. This tells me that it still needs to round out, that the implant can't be as low as it's meant to be yet, and maybe that's adding to the overall look of it being larger and more full. Other than that, I'm feeling great, hardly any pain except at the part of the incision at the fold where everything comes together. All in all, miles easier than the first go round. I've updated my album, I really wish I'd figured out that first pose on day 1 so I could do a better job of comparing, but it is what it is.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #9  

8 Days Post Op

I have my first post op appointment today and I'm eager to hear the PS tell me that the differences in sizes is just swelling. I know that's what it is, I know they'll even out, but waiting for it to happen just SUCKS! I feel great! The 2nd time around is seriously so much easier, or at least it has been for me. I'm sure it would feel different if I went bigger as that pocket would have to stretch all over again, but going smaller has been cake. Sleeping is a PITA, and I'm definitely going to ask about that today as well. Not that I think I could sleep on my side because of the pain, but it'll be nice to know when I can, if I want to. Also, I'm going to ask about the level of elevation. I feel like the first time around I made an effort to sleep much closer to 90 degrees, but this time around it's more like.....45 degrees, lol. I don't want it to hinder my outcome though, so I'll sleep more elevated if he wants me to. They did call and move my appointment up a half hour, yay for that! I put some pictures side by side today, like today and 4 days ago, and I do think the swelling in the right breast has gone down some. Not a lot, but maybe a little. I can't wait to talk to him, really cannot wait! Everything is good otherwise. If righty would just settle down a little, that'd be excellent.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #10  

9 Days Post Op

I think I'll be switching to weekly updates now, along with weekly pictures. I did see my PS yesterday, and he says everything looks fine. I agree they look fabulous, if only they were the same size, lol. Based on changes just this morning, I'm revising my opinion that the right is more swollen than the left. I think what's actually happening is a combination of the right dropping faster/swelling, and the left dropping slower and having less swelling. They are starting to look more even, but I think it's more because the left is filling out a bit. I'll start taking pictures on Tuesdays to show progress.
heymom3 and Natachachacha like this.
04-26-2019 06:49 AM
Paid Advertisement