Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #1  

Prettykitty0127 is on a distinguished road
Red face

A Teenage Dream Come True

The Beginning:

I've always been unhappy with my breasts. They never had any fullness or volume, and the right one was a full cup size smaller than the left from the start. My breasts both sagged, even as a teenager. I remember always looking forward into the vague future, wanting to get a BA as soon as possible. My dreams were full of huge, bouncing boobs, the kind you see in anime. I would draw self-portraits of myself with enormous breasts. You could say it's been a growing obsession!

When I was 17, my mother got herself a lift and (HUGE) implants. Watching her recover and love her new breasts, I decided that I would have the surgery. I just didn't know when. University had to come before boobs - Mom had made sure I set aside money for tuition before anything else. So, I worked hard for four years in nursing school.

Padded bras were my b{r}e{a}st friends - I would wear the ones with massive push-up that added two-cup sizes. I measured an empty 32c for a long while. As I lost weight and become more fit, my size changed from 32b to a 30c, then to a 30b. A 30b with no upper pole and half the surface area being areola!

Being naked was embarrassing for me. I could never wear backless dresses, because I would be flat an asymetric. I couldn't wear tube tops because strapless bras NEVER fit. Certain sexual positions made me very self-conscious because of the way my breasts hung from my chest. I was generally very unhappy with my body.

I finally made a concrete decision to have the surgery done after I worked in the OR for several months as a student nurse. One of the surgeons I followed often was a plastic surgeon, specializing in breast augmentation and reconstruction. I would ask questions throughout the procedure and became very comfortable with the process. I called my mother up one day and told her I had made my decision. She expressed her love and support, so I moved on to phase #2 of the plan: research!
Prettykitty0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #2  

Smile

Planning:

From the moment I made my decision, research was my life!

I started out with researching local plastic surgeons. There were three main websites I used to narrow down my (nearly endless) choice of doctor [although I visited many, many more]:
https://find.plasticsurgery.org/
https://www.abplasticsurgery.org/pub...=SurgeonSearch
https://www.********.com/

I poured through reviews and before/after photos. I compared cc's, BWD with implant sizing, profile heights, everything I could think of. I used virtual sizers, none of which I was happy with. When looking through the photos, I tried to find women with similar stats to mine and used those images to guess what I would look like.

Certainly, there were surgeons I dismissed outright because of their photos - I had a clear image in mind of what I wanted: as big as my frame would carry without being disproportionate or unnatural looking. Having fullness and cleavage was really important for me, as I was ever-so-tired of only wearing huge padded push-up bras!

After cross-checking multiple websites and reviews, I narrowed my search down to two PS's in Northern Utah: Dr. Richard Fryer and Dr. York Yates. Both their work looked great to me, and they both had a ton of informative, easy to read BA guides on their respective websites.

https://www.yorkyates.com/plastic-su...-augmentation/
Richard Fryer, M.D.

During this time, I was in the middle of graduating from nursing school. I wanted to get the surgery done before I started my job at the hospital, so timing was really important to me. Dr. Yates did an online consult for me and I scheduled a consultation for Dr. Fryer as well (He is the surgeon I ended up choosing to go with).

Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #3  

Talking

Consultation:

I had my initial consultation with Dr. Fryer on April 30, 2018. His office was a bit of a drive for me, and I was bursting with excitement! the office itself was very clean and modern. the staff were friendly and professional. Dr. Fryer's office is part of a group called "Premier Plastic Surgery", located in Draper, UT.

The consultation before mine ended up running long, which I actually didn't mind, as the doctor ended up spending as much time as needed to explain things with me, rather than cutting it off due to time.

First, I was measured. My BWD was 8.5 on either side, my right breast smaller than the left, and some asymmetry related to the shape of my breasts was noted as well.

I expressed all of my concerns about placement - Dr. Fryer said he would be willing to go over the muscle but that he wouldn't suggest it. He said I had very little muscle or even any tissue on my chest to start. He was concerned with me being more at risk for having the implants move to close together if I went over and for either bottoming out/ double bubble if we went under (he planned to counteract that by having me wear a supportive underwire bra day/night for 3 months).

Animation deformity was my main concern for going under the muscle. I love Lyra and working out in general, and did not want to have an embarrassing deformity. We decided to do unders, but use a dual-plane method. Dr. Fryer explained that this was to disconnect the skin from the muscle as well, in order to lessen the chance of making the animation deformity visible.

Next was sizing! Dr. Fryer is conservative in his sizing, as he is not fond of disproportionately large breasts. He says that exceeding your BWD makes women look top-heavy and not as slender. Being very slender myself (I am 5'4" and 105 lbs), I agreed that I did not want to look thicker than I was.

Given that I did want to increase my size a bit, we went with the ultra high profile round smooth mentor implants. Mentor makes the most volume for the smallest BWD. We decided the difference between my breasts was somewhere about 25cc. When I tried the sizers on, I chose the biggest implants he recommended, then went up another size, to what his maximum comfort range was. All my friends and my boyfriend had warned me against going to big and looking silly, so I figured this size would give me the increase I wanted (as well as attention!) without being cartoonish.

(I absolutely mean no offence to any of the women who have gone quite large - it just wasn't what I was looking for.)

I had someone come in to talk about costs and financing and paid my down payment to reserve a date for surgery. I booked my pre-op appointment for May 23rd and eagerly awaited my new boobs!

Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #4  

Talking

Pre-Op:

Almost there!

This appointment was first thing in the morning. I rushed over, eager to update my size and get everything finalized. I had decided to boost up the size one more time, choosing my final stats, which you can see in my signature below.

I paid the rest of my surgery fees, which totaled at $5800, before the appointment. I also had to read through a lot of consent papers and information packets. I was given instructions on a special shower regime I was to follow, received an antiseptic soap to wash with, and got my prescriptions.

I used the sizers I was wearing to estimate my new bra size and came to the conclusion it would be around a 32D or 32DD in VS sizing. After my appointment, I went bought two of the prescribed Knockout bras from VS online, one of each size. I also filled my prescriptions and started gathering things I thought i would need, like ice packs, clean linens and towels, front-close shirts, lots of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, CBD oil, and a heat pad for my back post-op.

From this point on, all I could think about was my surgery! I could hardly focus on anything. I put a lot of my energy into working out, since I knew I wouldn't be able to do so after. I went to Zion Natl. Park and ran some of the trails. I ran the parks near my home. I crammed as much Lyra and Yoga in as I could, as well as spin and dance classes.

Finally, the day before The Big Day, I was so excited/nervous I was making myself sick! I made sure to go to bed early and give my body it's rest, though.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #5  

Day of Surgery:

Before bed, I calculated 12 hours before my surgery's scheduled time and set an alarm (it turned out to be 4:30 AM). When the alarm went off, I woke up, drank about 16 oz of water, and ate a high protein energy bar. I never skip meals, so going a whole day without food or water had me pretty worried.

The surgery was scheduled for the early afternoon. Which meant I had all day to sit and wait! My bf and I had sex, as we figured it might be a little while before we had another chance, and then I had my last antiseptic shower.

The surgical center (Canyon Crest, in Draper) called me and asked me to come in a half hour earlier, as the surgery prior to mine was proceeding quickly. I complied and headed up to Draper with my friend, who was going to be with me fir the next 24 hours.

We checked in and I signed the consents. I was given a pregnancy test and sent into a private waiting room. There was a TV, a blanket, and a thick, soft robe for me to wear. I changed into a set of paper pants and a paper vest. We were told to wait, and that the doctors would be in to see us shortly.

Unlike the previous week, I was no longer nervous, although I did keep expecting something to go wrong. Part of me was convinced that I wouldn't be allowed to have the surgery. Time would run out, the center would close, the PS would have a heart attack, my pregnancy test would come back positive. So many things ran through my mind.

About an hour and a half into waiting, I was getting antsy. We were watching Family Feud on TV, monitoring Facebook, and playing with games on out phones, just waiting. the nurse came in and said that we were going to have another half and hour wait.

Another hour went by (2.5 at this point) before Dr. Fryer came to see me. He apologized for the wait, explaining that while the surgery before mine had gone quickly, there had been complications with bleeding in the PACU.

While this upset and shocked my friend, I felt strangely okay with this. I understood that Dr. Fryer and his team would do everything to make things run smoothly. He told me he was giving his staff a break for lunch, as they had been working nonstop all morning. I agreed, and waited again.

The anesthetist came to see me a half hour later (total of three hours waiting). She led me into the back. The room was tidy and well-organized, more safe and nicer feeling than the hospital OR I had been in.

I laid down on the table and the anesthetist tried to start an IV on me. We were chatting about my education and job I had lined up, and she told me that nursing students and medical staff always are cursed to have as many IV sticks as possible. I was no exception! She ran into three valves in my left arm, not able to start an IV at all, even in my hand. I have great veins, though, even dehydrated they were quite large. The curse, she said.

She was able to start an IV in my right arm on the first try. As it was established, she told me she was going to start the meds and thought it would be quick, saying she thought I would be a lightweight. The last thing I remember is telling her, "Yes, I am a lightweight," and her replying, 'You look like it."

The Following User Says Thank You to Prettykitty0127 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #6  

Day of Surgery, Part 2:

[I have my right nipple pierced. Just the one side, as I have always used the asymmetry to attempt to balance out my uneven breasts. The piercing was a bit concerning for me as I was going into surgery, though; I had heard women were not supposed to get nipple piercings post op for risk of infection. However, my PS was not concerned with my pre-existing piercing, which I have had for over three years. After I went to sleep on the operating table, Dr. Fryer removed my piercing, preformed the surgery, then replaced the jewelry before I woke up. Easy and painless!]

When I came to in the PACU, I had my surgical bra on and was still in those weird paper pants. I saw a woman on my left side wearing blue and with long blonde hair. I remember thinking she was pretty, and then graying out of consciousness again. I could hear people mumbling, but I felt pretty good. I think I must have been floating pretty good on whatever they gave me!

Apparently I had been awake and speaking for a little while already, though I had no memory of it. I had been telling the doctors and nurses that my friend was bringing me a smoothie. I think that that is quite adorable of me!

My friend did, in fact, bring me a smoothie! She brought both the flavors I like, almond protein and a green veggie. It's all really fuzzy, but somehow I got to the car (with help walking). I remember thinking "Oh, this is quick!" I had thought I would be in the recovery room longer.

The drive home was also quite vague, and I don't really remember anything solid until I got home. I laid on the couch and remember feeling the pain starting. I took a Percocet, which made me feel sick, so I took a phernergan for nausea. I also drank one of the smoothies.

I think I watched TV, but I couldn't say what shows. My back hurt, so I had a heat pad under my upper back, propped up at an incline with lots of pillows. Thats the way I slept that night (and since!) as well.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #7  

Red face

Post-Op Day #1:

At this point, I began a regime of 600 mg ibuprofen every 8 hours, Tylenol or Percocet every 6 hours, and CBD oil as needed.

I had my post op appointment at 9 am the day after my surgery. The nurse took some photos of my breasts, like she had in the pre-op appointment. Dr. Fryer came in and told me he was really pleased with the results; he thought I would heal nicely.

[I absolutely did not like my breasts this day - I thought they were terribly lumpy and ugly. I definitely did not want my BF to see them. I had my friend who had been with me the day of surgery help me shower in the evening this day.]

I was instructed to wear a tight compression bra for the next week and to continue to take the meds I was given. I was supposed to make large arm circles every hour I was awake, by putting my fingers on my shoulders (same side) and making a big circle with my elbows. I was also supposed to walk for five minutes every hour I was awake. Ice packs were encouraged; I should apply them on the tops of my breasts (NOT OVER INCISIONS) for pain relief (I was told it wouldn't actually reduce swelling). They told me to put ice packs on for one hour, then let it rest for a half hour, continuously the first days.

[I found the ice packs to be incredibly helpful! I used them very frequently the first week. the second week, I started weaning off of them, only using them in the evenings when I was entirely worn out. I also always put one on as I was falling asleep for the first 10 days.]

I watched TV and slept the rest of the day.

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Removed topless pics.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #8  

Post-Op Day #3:

Constipation game was starting to wear on me today. I felt bloated and hadn't gone #2 since the day before my surgery. (Percocet was to blame for this, in case you aren't aware. Opioids decrease your digestive motility.) I took a LOT of stimulant laxatives in the morning.

Activity today was more of the same. I found myself exhausted from so many little things. I could barely rinse my dishes. I tried going for a walk but It was so hard! I got about ten mins away from my house, took a break, then came home.

I went out with another friend that night, and we had dinner. We tried going to a jazz club after, but I was just so tired. Then, my stomach started cramping I finally had to go to the bathroom. Great, it happened while I was in public! :P We went home and watched a movie, while I ice-packed my front, heat -padded my back, and took a Percocet. The laxatives did their work clearing me out, but it was not fun.

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Removed topless pic.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #9  

Unhappy

Day #4

Sorry this is kinda gross, but it's totally part of taking opioids. I was having really, really bad stomach cramps all day. Not like period cramps, but just awful feeling, gut-wrenching pain. I guess the laxatives from the day before had done some of their work. I was planning on going to see a movie with friends in the evening, though, so I decided to buy a few different kinds of laxative to take after the movie.

Up until this point, I had been taking one Percocet in the evenings, when my pain was at it's worse. I started cutting my Percocet dose in half on Day #4.

Today was good overall, but I was struggling after the movie. It was probably four/five hours since my last ice pack, and I was simply fatigued. It gets hard to breath when I am really tired, since the muscles are sore and don't move as much to allow more air into my lungs.

I took another kind of laxative, milk of magnesia, and that was great. I haven't had any problems since I started taking that every once in a while to keep me regular.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #10  

Day #5-6, Pride Weekend

I thought I was going to be stronger by the weekend. I wasn't really, though. My friends and I had a booth at Pride, and I was signed up for set-up and a four hour shift. Whoops! That was about 7 hours of work, which (stupid!) included moving some things around. I got really stressed out about how much I moved/carried.

I was exhausted the end of Saturday. I bought some more CBD oil and started taking oral doses in addition to my vape. I found that to be helpful.

Sunday, I went to help my friend with a large-scale art project for our theme camp in the regional Burning Man event. I was sanding down huge pieces of wood we were using to put together a 14 foot tall dinosaur.

The weekend was way too hard on my body. I felt extra tired and exhausted. I feel like I over-extended myself and have risked my healing process

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Removed topless pics.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #11  

Thumbs down

Day #9

My right breast is still really swollen, but my left one has relaxed. I had my one-week postop yesterday. My PS wants me to start wearing these bras from Victoria's Secret, called the Knockout. They are a front close sports bra with an underwire bra inside. I pre-purchased a 32DD and a 32D to try on, and the 32D fits the bottoms and sides better, but cuts into my breasts a bit on the tops, where I have all of my volume.

I bought two of these bras and have my original surgical bra, a non-padded front close sports bra, and a cupped sports bra I have been wearing. It was so hard to find those last two! Most stores don't even seem to carry 32 size bands, let alone a 28 (current measure) or a 30.

I'm still getting worn out, by 2 pm I am done for the day, but at least I can be up and about and driving, etc for the morning. I'm back to doing laundry and all the household tasks again.

I'm starting to feel really emotional. It's kind of like I am PMSing really hard.

My blister still hasn't healed. I am pretty upset I am going to have a dime-sized scar on the inside of my breast.

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Removed topless pics.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #12  

Unhappy

Days 11 & 12

We went camping this weekend.

I thought I would be able to hike when I planned the trip, but again, I have overestimated myself.

It was so hot, and I remember reading that heat can increase swelling, so that's when I started to worry. My BF told me the hike would be in shaded areas, but I guess he forgot(?) where the hike was supposed to be, cause it was NOT shaded! There were only the occasional desert trees.

I was also told not to let my heart rate go over 120 bpm until after 3 weeks postop. This hike I was starting was way too hot, and I was getting my heart rate way to high. I told the friends I was hiking with to go on, and I turned back towards camp.

That was a real downer; I love hiking and was sad I couldn't go and see the beautiful plateau.

I started using the scar cream, massaging it gently into my incision sites.

On Day #9, I also started doing breast massages.

"You should begin to massage 1 week after surgery.
You should massage 3 times a day for the first month.
Then once a day for the life of the implants.

You will not break or pop your implants with massage.
Inititally this may be uncomfortable, but it will become easier in time.

To massage:
*push in from the sides
*squeeze [each breast] from side to side
*squeeze top and bottom
*push implant up from the bottom

Do each of these 3 times and hold for 10 seconds"

-From the office of Dr. Richard Fryer

Last edited by Prettykitty0127; 06-14-2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added info about massage
Old 06-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #13  

Day 14 - Two Week Mark!

It's been two weeks! That seems like both really long and a really short time, as cliche as that sounds.

The swelling in my right breast is about half of what is was last week. I'm glad to finally have it decreasing! It worried me for a second or two there!

I started using my scar cream more vigorously today. I was told "start using firm pressure" and also to begin taking Vit E orally. I already take a multi-vit, which has 6.75 mg Vit E, which is labeled as 45% of my daily need. So, I won't be buying any more.

I have some petechiae and bruising under both breasts, around the incisions. I wonder if that is the result of my underwire bras. I was told it is normal and to expect it, though.

I have started feeling the boob greed! Now they look pretty small to me and I am wishing I had some more volume. My emotions are a bit off the charts too. I have cried twice just over little tings, like a quick argument with the BF.

I also have these periods of worthlessness feelings! I am hoping it's from not being able to work out combined with the little activity I have been able to do. It's making me feel fat and lazy!

My implants added about 3 lbs to my weight, putting me at 108 after the surgery. I am down to 105 though, now - I'm losing my muscle mass! D: I'm really hoping I can get it all back.

I haven't had any Percocet in a while, but I do take ibuprofen/ tylenol once a day, as well as CBD prn. I'm also not using ice packs anymore but am still sleeping inclined.

I started an exercise plan, but I was only able to do the legs and half of the abs. My BF is going to start the regime with me, as he has been struggling to get into shape for a while. I'll copy over what I came up with in the next post.

I am so tired of the Knockout Bra! Sure, it is cute and all, but super uncomfortable!

When I wear it zipped up, it presses my breasts together and I find it almost intolerable. Having it unzipped is much better, and I can deal with that. However, when I go out I have to zip it, cause it looks weird otherwise.

I called the office to talk about it, and they said I don't have to wear this bra, I just need something with strong support on the underside and outer edge. I have bought a couple underwire, no padding bras online and am waiting for them to get in!

I also bought a sexy bikini from a specialty store in Las Vegas. It's perfect with how perky my new breasts are!

Last edited by Prettykitty0127; 06-14-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: photos
Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #14  

I designed both an at-home and an at-the-gym workout plan that does not use the chest muscles.

The first day, I did strength style sets (3x10) at home. Did all the legs. Couldn’t do frog, pulse, or reverse abs, subbed scissor, flutter, and double in-and-outs. Skipped upper body as I was not feeling up to doing my arms.

It is still really frustrating to not be able to do the things I was before. I guess it's gonna be all legs for me for a while!

Wk#1 GYM
Endurance= [4 sets of 15 reps] or
Strength =[3 sets of 10 reps, done slowly]

LEGS:
Leg press
Leg Extensions
Abductor/ Adductor
Squats, narrow stance
Lunges

ABS:
Flutter kicks
Scissor kicks
Leg raises
In-and-outs

UPPER BODY:
Bicep curls
Tricep push-downs, overhand
Hammer curls
Tricep push-downs, underhand

WK#1 HOME

LEGS:
Body weight squats; wide stance
Lunges; side
Butt Lifts
Calf Raises; parallel, toes turned out, toes turned in
Step-Ups w/ knee raise

ABS:
Reverse crunches
Frog press
In-and-outs
Pulse-ups

UPPER BODY: (require bands)
Cable curls, lower ROM
Cable curls, upper ROM
Cable curls, full ROM

TIPS and TRICKS:

*Between exercises, stretch out the used muscles gently.
*Between every set, take a sip of water
*SQUEEZE the muscles you are working the entire time - it engages them and makes them work harder!!
*Make a WORKOUT_ONLY playlist
-Use this to get you pumped up and train your body, Pavlov style
*Use a foam roller to 2 mins every day to stretch your muscles out
Old 06-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #15  

Exclamation

Day #20:

I am freaking myself out.

I had to go return those Knockout bras, and ended up just buying a size bigger, the 32dd. The pain is gone and they aren't pressed together as much. So there's that. Not quite as much support or as close of a fit, but I can actually wear a bra all day without being in a ton of pain.

I have been really on-top of my massages. I do them 3x a day, about 4-5 mins each. However, I have noticed s/s of capsular contracture! I'm flipping out. You can check out my photo album if interested in seeing the progression. The left breast has been hurting a little when I massage it, and I have noticed it becoming more round and higher on my chest. I think it is because I did so much moving and lifting too early on.

I set up an appt for June 20 (day#22) to see my doctor. I am super anxious and sad.

On a separate note, I have gone entirely back to my regular schedule, minus the gym time. I still don't feel up to that, but I am doing 30-60 mins of legs 4-5 days a week.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #16  

Red face

update on cc worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettykitty0127 View Post
Day #20:

I am freaking myself out.

I have been really on-top of my massages. I do them 3x a day, about 4-5 mins each. However, I have noticed s/s of capsular contracture! I'm flipping out. You can check out my photo album if interested in seeing the progression. The left breast has been hurting a little when I massage it, and I have noticed it becoming more round and higher on my chest. I think it is because I did so much moving and lifting too early on.

I set up an appt for June 20 (day#22) to see my doctor. I am super anxious and sad.

Post-Appointment...

The doctor said that the implants themselves are pretty soft, and the fact that my breasts are able to move on my chest is a pretty good sign. He thinks that my pectoral muscles are just still really tight, and that the pain I'm experiencing in the left side is a result of the nerves reattaching and being moved by the pocket forming. I'll keep taking pictures, doing my massages, and keeping an eye out!

Last edited by Prettykitty0127; 07-24-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Shorten
Old 07-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #17  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettykitty0127 View Post
Day #20:

I had to go return those Knockout bras, and ended up just buying a size bigger, the 32dd. The pain is gone and they aren't pressed together as much. So there's that. Not quite as much support or as close of a fit, but I can actually wear a bra all day without being in a ton of pain.

(I am currently at week 8 as I update this! )

Bras really hurt to wear in the beginning. I was also really concerned about "uni-boob" forming so I only wore balconette style bras, with the distinct U shape that holds your breasts independently. That was a great solution for my pain while I healed.

Starting about week 6, I have had no problem wearing any bra I like. I actually enjoy the padded push-ups, as when I wear them, people can't help but stare! They [my new titties] are already large for my frame, and I kinda wish I went bigger, although if I had, I certainly would have had stretch marks!

Sizing is hard. I'm not done with changes, so I am not buying more than a couple bras. I think I spent about $100-150 so far. I am either a 32D or 32DD at VS, depending on the style. I am a 30D or 30DD at my preferred store, AdoreMe.com. 30DD in most things at Nordstrom's. I really think I need a 28, though. I wish those were available in stores!!!

Victoria's secret has been a really good resource for me, as they have a ton of my size in their clearance racks, and have also allowed me to return stuff I have worn and decided isn't fitting right. Shout-out to them! I've had great customer experiences in each of the stores I've visited around SLC.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #18  

8 Weeks!!

My, has it been a while! I am now at 8 weeks. My absence was in part due to a pretty bad depression I had hit as well as immense study sessions - I'm now licensed as an RN though!

First off - there have been NO complications so far! I'm feeling really lucky in this. I freaked out about a couple tings in the beginning, but my concerns were all just my mind running free! I was pleased that I was able to either call and talk to one of the nurses or make an appointment with the surgeon whenever I wanted. Dr. Fryer's office was amazing in all of this, and I actually do have to recommend them. They eased my mind and made extra appointments for me to check in when I was feeling worried about healing.

I feel almost 100% again. I have been back at the gym and can everything I used to be able to, except for pull-ups and push-ups. I'm not stressing the pecs out at all right now - I'm going to wait until the 3 month mark to try and build those up again. HOWEVER this progress was not made quickly! I tried hiking at my 3ish week mark and could not do more than 15 minutes. That was really hard for me. However, I tried again at 5 weeks and was the leader of the pack! I ran the trails and was super happy to be back at it. Since 5 weeks, I have had no stamina problems at all. I noticed at the 7 week mark that when was paddling down a river, I could feel the strain of the rowing movement, though.

My right breast started to "drop&fluff" about 2 weeks ago. I am really enjoying the way it looks so far. I am hoping for a lot more progress, but am glad to have what I've got right now. This breast is the one with the extra cc's to balance out my initial asymmetry. I can tell now that it is a tiny bit bigger, but am not sure if that's really the cc's or just the fact that it is settling. The left breast has yet to change. I wish they matched, but I knew going in that it would be a process to get them to their end stage.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #19  

Sleeping Positions!

I wanted to post about sleeping positions because this wasn't something I had heard about until I had the surgery.

The first four weeks post-op, I HAD to sleep on my back, elevated by three pillows.
The week or so, I only needed two. At six weeks, I could lie on my side as long as I had a very supportive bra on, although I did sometimes roll back onto my back for a little more comfort. At 8 weeks, I can lie on my side with a supportive bra the whole night.

I was a stomach sleeper before, but i don't know if i'm going to be there anytime soon. I can rest on my stomach while I work on my laptop or read, but not for extended time. When I do lie on my stomach, I roll up a pillow and place it right under my bust, so my stomach is lying on it, and it evens out the pressure from my breasts to my whole abdomen and chest area.
[/COLOR]
07-15-2019 01:35 PM
Paid Advertisement