Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Stories

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Stories Post your entire ba experience (from researching, to your consult, to your pre-op, to surgery, to recovery) here in this forum. If you post your story, it should contain DETAILS. Posts or "stories" that are NOT detailed will be moved to the Post-op Recovery Forum.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Bittyhat
  • 1 Post By Bittyhat
  • 1 Post By Bittyhat

Let's do this!

Old 07-08-2021, 06:36 PM

Bittyhat is on a distinguished road
Let's do this!

I've absolutely loved reading the stories on here, and saw that there aren't any posted yet for 2021! I'll add my story in case it helps someone else down the road.

I'm 30, no kids yet, and a gapping 34B. I'm talking negative upper pole. My story is like so many others - high school was torture when everyone else got boobs and mine never grew. I got lucky and met my husband at 21, so I didn't have to do the dating game long, thank goodness! He always loved my little bitty titties, so I never gave much thought to augmentation. I always wanted one in a vague way - figured I'd do it later, after kids. I'm not one to dwell, life is good and I'm a busy girl!

Fast forward to a few months ago. My sister in law confided that she'd scheduled surgery for her BA. She's the first person I've ever known personally to have one done! It got me thinking (ok, obsessing). Why not? The risks for future kids and breastfeeding are minimal. Recovery is only a few weeks if I'm one of the lucky ones. Why wait and miss out on loving my body for the next ten years?

After reading, researching, and looking at every topless photo on the internet, I scheduled a consultation and booked my surgery date! 18 days to go!!

I have a pre-op appointment tomorrow to meet the surgeon, talk about what's possible with my anatomy, and figure out sizing. I'll fill you in on all the details as I go through this process, and please comment, ask questions, and follow along if you like. I'm an open book!

twinpearls and albine like this.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:46 AM

Pre-Op

The pre-operation appointment went great! I met the surgeon for the first time - I only met with a patient coordinator at the consultation - and it was the last hurdle I needed to cross to make up my mind for good. He was confident, logical, and answered my questions clearly and directly, and I left feeling totally sure that they could get me the results I wanted.

I tried on a ton of sizers, and decided to go with the biggest size the surgeon would allow with my breast width measurement: Sientra 470 cc high profile, smooth round unders. The whole meeting went pretty quickly. They talked a little more about recovery, took all their measurements, asked about my medical history again, took before photos, and I was on my way.

The two weeks between pre-op and surgery went by SO slowly. It was nice to finally have a CC number; I had spent the two weeks before obsessively researching, trying on rice sizers, stalking naked photos online, and going back and forth on what size I thought would fit and look good. Once I met with the surgeon, I didn't have anything to obsess about anymore! I read a bit about recovery and what to expect after, but mostly just tried to stay busy and keep my mind off it. That leads us to O-Day...
Old 07-29-2021, 09:08 AM

Operation Day!

It was finally here! The day I'd been obsessing about for months. My husband worked hard to spoil me leading up to it, since he could tell how nervous I was. We had a solid social calendar all weekend, went to dinner, saw a movie for the first time since COVID hit, and stayed at a hotel near the surgery center the night before. Anything we could do to keep my mind off major surgery and those terrifying anesthesia disclosures, haha!

I was originally scheduled for 12:30pm that Monday, but they moved us up to 11:30 as the earlier surgeries went quickly. We showed up right on time, I passed the COVID test, and said goodbye to my husband. They took me to the recovery/prep space, which was basically 3 curtained bed areas and a nurse station outside the operating room. I changed into a hospital gown with compression socks and fuzzy socks; the nurse started an IV and went over my history again; and then I waited. I was starving and dehydrated since I hadn't eaten or had any water since midnight the night before. Not my favorite part! But I played on my phone and texted my husband for thirty minutes or so while they finished up the surgery before mine.

They wheeled the girl who had surgery right before me past my curtain area and into the recovery space right next to mine. She started waking up right when the surgeon came to mark me up. That was terrifying. She was moaning and crying and sounded like she was dying, so naturally I freaked out a little and couldn't focus much on what the surgeon was doing. I was a little put out that he didn't say anything to soothe my nerves - nothing about hey, don't worry about her, she's fine! - he was all business and no warm fuzzies. Too late though, I was in it.

Surgeon left, and right away the nurse and anesthesiologist came in. They hurried me out of bed and walked me and my IV down to the OR. That might have been even freakier than the dying girl next to me. It was COLD in there, everything was sterile and hospital-like (I know, I know, probably a good thing), but I was kind of scared. Again, no one tried to soothe my nerves. They had me take off the gown, lay on the table with my arms out, and bustled around me doing things I couldn't see. She added the sleepy stuff to my IV (which burned like hell all the way up my arm!), I told her it hurt, and then I was out.

The next thing I remember is being back in the recovery area with the nurse helping me get dressed. I was not really awake yet, but she hurried me into clothes and into a wheelchair, handed me my stuff, and wheeled me out to my husband. Lovely man had a Starbucks coffee waiting for me, which I guzzled since I was still so thirsty, and then I was in and out of it for the hour drive home.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 AM

Recovery

Recovery on operation day went pretty smoothly. I was not interested in feeling any pain I didn't have to feel, so I took the smallest dose of my pain pill right on schedule all day. I hung out in my recliner, slept and watched TV while hubby brought me snacks. I didn't have much of an appetite, but ate when he told me to, and I'm confident that helped things go smoother. I felt generally okay; just sleepy, and my chest felt very tight - like when you wrap an ankle or wrist before a game. It was difficult to breathe deeply, and I couldn't move my arms very well; partly because I was scared of bursting stitches, and partly because it felt like if I moved too much, my breast skin would split open and the implant would fall right out. I did have a couple of freak out moments where I looked down in disbelief, and couldn't quite believe I'd gone through with it. Like I was looking at someone else's body almost. Weird!
Old 07-29-2021, 09:28 AM

Recovery on post-op day 1 was harder. I kept up with the pain pills on schedule, so the only real pain I felt was right before the next pill was due. It was very uncomfortable though. My chest was extremely tight and felt like it was on the verge of splitting open at any moment. I slept on the recliner, but there was still a ton of swelling that spread into my abdomen and even down to my ankles - gross! I was too scared to look at my boobs, but through the compression bra they were looking pretty good, even though they were hard as rocks. I went back and forth between lotion and arnica montana gel, trying to help the skin stretch and the swelling go down. Mostly I just laid there and tried not to move. I went to bed early and woke up in the middle of the night with pretty terrible back pain. I couldn't find a comfortable angle to take the pressure off, so laid awake for a long time until the pain pill kicked in and I could go back to sleep.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:57 AM

Post-op day 2 was better. My boobs still felt like foreign objects, hard as rocks, and my skin still felt like it was about to split open. I was feeling pretty good overall though, was up and moving around a bit more, and my appetite was back. Because of it, I ended up pushing myself a little too far. I did some light work on my laptop and played with the doggies for a while, and tried to stretch out the pain pills. I also washed up with some travel bath wipes and took the compression bra off for a first look at the girls. They aren't looking too bad! The incisions are covered, so I can't see those, but I can't feel them either so that's a bonus. My boobs were still very swollen, sitting on my collar bones, not quite frankenboob but definitely weird looking. I quickly covered them back up - don't want to do anything to mess them up!

By early afternoon, after all that moving around, I was nauseous, had a terrible headache, and was very sore. My boobs felt bruised all over, and my back was hurting as well. I took it easy the rest of the day, took my meds on time, and went to bed early.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:38 AM

Post-op Day 4

Friday was even better - it feels like things improve a little every day. I woke up feeling great, almost totally back to normal, so took another Tylenol instead of hydrocodone, and worked a couple of hours in my office. I learned my lesson from the day before, and only worked a short while before stopping to take a break and relax my arms and shoulders.

The girls were a little softer today, which is really fun. The squishiness seems to be starting on the outside at the top and working itself down. The inside edges are still very firm, and my boobs are a good two fingers apart. As they're softening up I can move them a little closer together, so I hope with continued softening and if I keep wearing the compression bra, they'll settle into some pretty good cleavage. Fingers crossed!

I've been an invalid all week and it's driving me crazy. The pain pills turn me into a space cadet, and I feel like I've barely left the recliner. Hubby doesn't deal well with me in pain, so he's been very careful to keep me still and make sure I'm on top of my meds. I was feeling restless and useless though, and the dogs were going stir crazy too, so we took a short walk out in the woods to let everyone get some energy out. By the evening, I was very uncomfortable and emotional. This was the first time I cried. It wasn't boobies blues per say; I'm glad I had the surgery and am excited to see how they turn out. I was just overwhelmed, exhausted, and 100% tired of being useless. I hate the pain pills and how they make me feel. I hate sitting on the couch all day, I hate having to be taken care of, I hate not being my normal self. I never EVER get sick, so this is a new thing for me, and I don't like it. I'm ready to be back to normal, not terrified that my skin is going to split open if I lift my arms too high.

I swore off the narcotics for the rest of my recovery - no more space cadet. I also took my first full shower (I've been scared to get the incisions wet all week, so was just doing travel bath wipes until then). I felt much better after. Hubby made me ice cream and I went to bed feeling more cheerful.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Post-op Day 5/6

Saturday was the best day yet. The girls get squishier every day, though they still feel like water balloons. I can already notice a tiny bit of drop, or at least less swelling by my clavicle. I felt almost back to normal in the morning, but do get tired easily and am completely worn out by the evening. Still not able to do much as far as range of motion or level of activity - any amount of using my pec muscles is uncomfortable. I guess I feel normal as long as I'm just sitting on the couch or walking around the house, ha.

Looking back over the first week, I think I'm one of the lucky ones as far as recovery goes. I never really had pain, but I did take meds as directed no matter what. I knew it was about time for my next dose when I started feeling "prickly," like when you have a sunburn and your shirt rubs against your skin, and sickly; just generally like poo, like you want to cry and all your muscles are melting into the couch. I switched over to Tylenol as soon as I felt my energy and attitude improving. I didn't realize how much of a fog the hydrocodone had me in, but I feel tons better now that it's out of my system. Use the drugs, they're there to help your body glaze over the trauma it's been through, and then wean yourself off as you can.

My skin felt extremely tight and uncomfortable, especially the first 2-3 days. I was scared to move, it felt like my nipples might burst open and the implants would fall right out. I alternated every hour or so with lotion and Arnica Montana gel, and I feel that helped a lot. Breathing was kind of hard, and I had to really concentrate to take a deep breath.

The worst was the back pain that woke me up and made sleep difficult. Do whatever you can to get good sleep, it's when your body does the most recovery, and makes the days feel easier. The nipple pain and sensitivity is pretty bad now; I've read it's normal, the surgery stretches the nerves, but hopefully the doc can give me some tips at post-op tomorrow.

I've been drinking a ton of water and eating bland meals right on schedule. I didn't have any appetite the first few days, but hubby force fed me, and it helped a lot. Get yourself a great caretaker, or commit to eating! I only had minor nausea once, after staying on my feet too long a day or two after surgery.

I did have minor frankenboob the first few days, not as bad as some girls, but they were definitely misshapen and sitting on my clavicle. They're still high and tight, but are already starting to smooth out and soften up a little.

I'm hoping to be back to my office job full time tomorrow. I probably could have forced myself back earlier, but it would have been hard. Even with a desk job, holding my arms up to use the mouse and keyboard was exhausting after an hour or two. I'm blessed to get to make my own schedule, so I'm planning to ease into it slowly and take breaks as needed.

So that's it, the first week of recovery! Hopefully this is helpful to some as they're considering their own surgeries. I'll update as things change, and please feel welcome to reach out anytime. I'd love to answer questions and help however I can!

MadameWeirdo likes this.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:08 AM

Week 2

Back to work this week was tough! I could only go 2, maybe 3 hours at the computer before I had to stop for a break. By the end of the day my pec muscles were seizing up and I was dead. Took max strength, max dose Tylenol religiously.

About 8 or 9 days post op my body felt back to normal after the bloating. Ugh, the bloating! Forgot to mention it earlier, but all the first week I felt like the Michelin man. Swollen ankles, swollen belly, everything; I added about 5 pounds of retained water after the pain meds and anesthesia. So glad that's gone!

The girls are already looking fabulous. They're dropping visibly; every couple of days I notice a little more improvement in softness, movement, and shape. By the end of the week all the swelling appears to be gone. Implants are still high, just waiting for gravity to take over now.

I'm wearing the compression bra 23/7, and even though I'm starting to hate it, I can definitely see the benefit. My cleavage gap is getting smaller as they settle into the right place. Not gonna lie, I can't wait to be done with it, but at least it's working!

I had a freak out moment this week. My right breast was smaller to start, but the surgeon said the difference is negligible and wasn't worth chasing symmetry with the implants. So they have matching implants, but as the swelling went down this week, they looked dramatically different. My little boob was drastically smaller, and the nipple was WAY higher for a few days. I kept telling myself to breathe and not judge until they're done fluffing in six months, but I was terrified for a while that my surgeon was a crock and should have given me a bigger implant on that side. Righty looked awful. Ha, no big deal! It caught up a few days later with Lefty, and they're both about the same size now.

Hubby has been a saint, taking care of me. I still haven't been up to cooking at all - after working a full day, I almost passed out when I tried to start dinner one night. Maybe some people feel back to 100% by week 2, but I strongly recommend having heat-and-eat meals ready for this week too, and don't expect too much from yourself in the housekeeping department.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:28 AM

Week 3

Whew, feels like I'm writing the great American novel here! I just don't want to leave anything out in case it helps someone!

We're continuing the upward trend here - everything is a little better than last week. I'm off the meds entirely, didn't even need Tylenol. Well, to be honest, there were evenings where I wanted it after working a long day, but I opted for a glass of wine instead, ha! I can raise my arms over my head (slowly) without feeling like my stitches are going to explode open. My energy is improving. I can get through a normal workday without taking extra breaks, and still have the strength to cook dinner after. I'm still being very careful not to use my chest muscles if I can help it, but when I occasionally do it without thinking, it doesn't hurt or feel weird; for instance, I can gently use my arms to push myself up from the couch or bed with no pain.

I can't remember if I mentioned it yet, but when I asked about massage during recovery, the surgeon said not to do it; there's no real evidence that massage or "opening up the pocket" as he called it does anything to prevent capsular contracture. The breasts will also heal and settle naturally and beautifully in time no matter what. He said, "I spend a lot of time creating the perfect pocket and putting the implants exactly where I want them. Don't mess them up!" So no massaging the implants here, and no breast band. Just compression for 6 weeks. They're already pretty squishy, firmer than real breast tissue but still fun to play with. They've come down a little, but are still very full up top with the nipples pointing down.

I'm not known for my patience, and it's a continual effort to remind myself that it's still early, give them time, give myself time. I'm ready to go shopping for sexy lingerie. I'm ready for the steri strips and stitches to be gone, ready for the girls to look and feel normal, and sure as heck ready to get out of this hateful compression bra! I miss laying on my side, working out, and moving through life without constantly thinking about whether I'm going to ruin my pretty new boobies. I love them, but man they're a lot of work right now!

Okay, breathe. Wax on, wax off. Or rather, shea butter on, shea butter off. Send me your calm vibes and wish me patience!

AlmostA likes this.