Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Recovery and marijuana use

Old 09-22-2016, 03:19 PM

svrvx is on a distinguished road
Recovery and marijuana use

I smoke weed on a daily basis but only half a bowl from the pipe in the morning and night. I read that you should not smoke cigarettes because it constricts your blood vessels and can hinder healing time.

I am wondering is this the same with smoking weed?

What if I use a vaporizer? This will eliminate the inhaling of Combusted smoke and produce a clean vapour with THC.

Do any of you girls have experience with this? Did you smoke weed after your surgery? How long did you wait before you did?

Thank you
Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 PM

c.caussyn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by svrvx View Post
I smoke weed on a daily basis but only half a bowl from the pipe in the morning and night. I read that you should not smoke cigarettes because it constricts your blood vessels and can hinder healing time.

I am wondering is this the same with smoking weed?

What if I use a vaporizer? This will eliminate the inhaling of Combusted smoke and produce a clean vapour with THC.

Do any of you girls have experience with this? Did you smoke weed after your surgery? How long did you wait before you did?

Thank you
I actually spoke to my PS about this at my pre-op yesterday and she had no issue with me smoking marijuana before or after the surgery. She asked that I don't smoke within 24 hours of the surgery, but gave me no other restrictions other than that. I think that marijuana doesn't have the same detrimental effect that cigarettes have on the healing process, and it can also help with pain relief! Of course, I'm sure vaping would be even better for your in the long term, but you'll probably be fine either smoking or vaping for this. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to c.caussyn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 04:13 PM

svrvx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by c.caussyn View Post
I actually spoke to my PS about this at my pre-op yesterday and she had no issue with me smoking marijuana before or after the surgery. She asked that I don't smoke within 24 hours of the surgery, but gave me no other restrictions other than that. I think that marijuana doesn't have the same detrimental effect that cigarettes have on the healing process, and it can also help with pain relief! Of course, I'm sure vaping would be even better for your in the long term, but you'll probably be fine either smoking or vaping for this. Good luck!
Thank you! I just spoke with my ps and she said the general consensus at their clinic is 5-7 days before and after... My girlfriend plans on bringing me edibles to help so no smoking and no carbon monoxide involved!

When is your surgery date?
Old 09-22-2016, 05:04 PM

c.caussyn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by svrvx View Post
Thank you! I just spoke with my ps and she said the general consensus at their clinic is 5-7 days before and after... My girlfriend plans on bringing me edibles to help so no smoking and no carbon monoxide involved!

When is your surgery date?
Next Friday!! I'm stupidly, ridiculously excited. Haha! How about you??
Old 10-14-2020, 03:06 AM

JaneHemmings is on a distinguished road
Hey, guys. I am glad the marijuana is getting legalized in more places now. People will be smoking it even if it is not and it is better for everyone to just legalize it everywhere, if you can't believe in these words, then just read the article on UrbanAroma.com. It really can help with anxiety issues and depression. I only smoke the marijuana, which is bought by this way, because I don't really trust the dealers who sell it. It is easy to get it in DC. So, the pills are always dangerous because you can never know what side effects there will be. People really get addicted on certain pills and it is not a joke. When I have problems with pain, migraine or other stuff I use marijuana.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:36 PM

avalonia_star is on a distinguished road
That's okay. I like smoking
Old 12-06-2020, 05:10 AM

mamaliga is on a distinguished road
I often smoked before the operation and was also afraid that it would harm me, but the doctor said it was better to wait for a while. Since Smoking is my addiction, I was often nervous because I can't smoke when my body asks for it. That is why I was advised to get rid of this anxiety by kratom usa, which saves me from stress and nervousness. Now I don't even want to smoke and completely got rid of this bad habit, thanks to kratom. The effect is really very good and leaves a pleasant feeling of calm, so I recommend you try it