Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ClaudiaK
  • 2 Post By ClaudiaK
  • 1 Post By Moxxy
  • 1 Post By baa1234
  • 1 Post By littlelizzie

I am worried. I have an infection

Old 07-29-2017, 01:21 AM

ClaudiaK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I am worried. I have an infection

Yesterday I was unsure if there was anything wrong or not. My nipple could have been a little weepy.
This morning when I woke up I was in no doubt, there is puss coming out of it and all over my bra.
I phoned the hospital straight away and I am waiting on their call back.
I am really worried though.
I have been told over and over that infections mean I lose the implants and all sorts of other possible complications like Capsular contracture.

Welp!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:41 AM

baa1234 is on a distinguished road
It depends on what kind of infection. I doubt that they will have to remove the implants, Because you phoned right away, and the sooner you treat it the lower the risks you will get.

Don't worry, be positive!
Probably they will give you some antibiotics and clean your incisions
Old 07-29-2017, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by baa1234 View Post
It depends on what kind of infection. I doubt that they will have to remove the implants, Because you phoned right away, and the sooner you treat it the lower the risks you will get.

Don't worry, be positive!
Probably they will give you some antibiotics and clean your incisions
I think you are right, I think that I am jumping to the worst possible outcome straight away.
They want to see me now. So I am about to leave and head up to the hospital.
I will update the thread when I get back.

baa1234 likes this.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:02 AM
Got good mileage out of 175cc!

littlelizzie will become famous soon enough littlelizzie will become famous soon enough
Oh honey!! Sorry to hear this I wonder what she did to you when she took out your stitches earlier this week!

Try not to worry, an infection in the incision is easily treatable and different from an infection of the capsule (which can later cause CC). The latter is caused by contamination of the implant during surgery and usually presents itself within 5-7 days, according to my PS.. I was worried about this because my yoga teacher had that very complication (had to explant and have IV antibiotics, then wait 6 weeks to re-implant) and she blames it on the tap water here. I ran her theory past my PS who explained the difference to me as above.

Thinking of you, hope they can sort you out and put your mind at rest.

Lx
Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 AM

Moxxy will become famous soon enough
Oh no!! I'm so sorry girl! Let's not jump to the worst possible outcome just yet though. Like Lizzie said, an incision site infection is really no big deal since it's topical. Infections happen all the time to women who don't have to explanation. Breathe, girl. Let us know what they say! Sending good vibes your way xx
Old 07-29-2017, 01:09 PM

yeahhhh I panicd for no reason

The nurse took the steri strips off and they were all guked up and sticky. But she said that it is not infected.
It is lots of what I would call healing gunk. I can't remember the medical term. When she cleaned it all, it looked yellow on my bra and had started to try a crustyish brown but coming out of my nipple it was mostly milky off white and not as thick as puss.

Anyone had their ears pierced might recognized it from then. It was also a little red but good red apparently. Not a bad red.

Apparently my body is migrating the dissolving stitches out of its self. I am told that can happen, the body can decide it has had enough of them and shove them out. I am told the knots will pop up first. It will look like rows of white heads. I have just to leave them alone. They will probably pop and the ends of the stitches start to poke out. Leave those alone too.
They were surprised my surgery was only the 8th. Apparently I am healing quickly.

I am going back on Wednesday anyway for what is going to be my last check.

so there you go, panic over.
I feel wiped out so I sat on my sofa slobing about the house today. I was told to take it easy.
My plan is an early night

baa1234 and Moxxy like this.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Moxxy will become famous soon enough
This is great news!! What a relief!

ClaudiaK likes this.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:13 PM

I am glad I was just being paranoid, I do feel a bit special.. but I know I did the right thing rather than sit and worry about it. Also its better to be safe, if it had been an infection and I had just left it.. I would know all about it.

The dressings are already yucky.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:35 PM

baa1234 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ClaudiaK View Post
The nurse took the steri strips off and they were all guked up and sticky. But she said that it is not infected.
It is lots of what I would call healing gunk. I can't remember the medical term. When she cleaned it all, it looked yellow on my bra and had started to try a crustyish brown but coming out of my nipple it was mostly milky off white and not as thick as puss.

Anyone had their ears pierced might recognized it from then. It was also a little red but good red apparently. Not a bad red.

Apparently my body is migrating the dissolving stitches out of its self. I am told that can happen, the body can decide it has had enough of them and shove them out. I am told the knots will pop up first. It will look like rows of white heads. I have just to leave them alone. They will probably pop and the ends of the stitches start to poke out. Leave those alone too.
They were surprised my surgery was only the 8th. Apparently I am healing quickly.

I am going back on Wednesday anyway for what is going to be my last check.

so there you go, panic over.
I feel wiped out so I sat on my sofa slobing about the house today. I was told to take it easy.
My plan is an early night
Woohoo! i am so happy to hear that!!
Congrats!
Glad that it wasn't something serious!

ClaudiaK likes this.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Got good mileage out of 175cc!

littlelizzie will become famous soon enough littlelizzie will become famous soon enough
Phew, what a relief! Glad you're OK lovely

Lx

ClaudiaK likes this.