Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

View Poll Results: Did you have similar wrinkling around your incisions early on?
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Wrinkling Around Incisions? (images--sutures--graphic?)

Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM

pixelperson is on a distinguished road
Question Wrinkling Around Incisions? (images in profile)

Hey guys! I'm new here. Yesterday was day 8 post breast lift with augmentation. The nurses and my surgeon assured me everything looks great for my one week appointment. I am just concerned, mainly, about the stitching beneath my left areola. Things look wrinkly and have been bleeding. I feel in my head like the sutures are so sensitive and am really afraid they'll pop or something for some reason, but my doctor assured me they're fine and showed me that I need to be very aggressively massaging my implants with a lot of force. When he showed me, I was freaked out! I was sure the implant was going to pop out of my stitches, or at least my incisions would tear, or something! I know this is silly and he wouldn't show me to do this were it not in my best interests. So I've been massaging a lot and using a lot of pressure. Things already seem softer one day later. But these wrinkles?! I'm attaching some photos from yesterday. I'll update tonight when I replace gauze/bacitracin. Did any of you have similar looking scars at first, and did they heal nicely? All the wrinkling is concerning me. Thanks!
Pics in album.

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM

mia711 will become famous soon enough
Hey Pixelperson, did you have a donut lift? I have a few pictures that you can look at from my lift. I sent you a FR so you can take a look.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 PM

mia711 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=pixelperson;2945090]Hey guys! I'm new here. Yesterday was day 8 post breast lift with augmentation. The nurses and my surgeon assured me everything looks great for my one week appointment. I am just concerned, mainly, about the stitching beneath my left areola. Things look wrinkly and have been bleeding. I feel in my head like the sutures are so sensitive and am really afraid they'll pop or something for some reason, but my doctor assured me they're fine and showed me that I need to be very aggressively massaging my implants with a lot of force. When he showed me, I was freaked out! I was sure the implant was going to pop out of my stitches, or at least my incisions would tear, or something! I know this is silly and he wouldn't show me to do this were it not in my best interests. So I've been massaging a lot and using a lot of pressure. Things already seem softer one day later. But these wrinkles?! I'm attaching some photos from yesterday. I'll update tonight when I replace gauze/bacitracin. Did any of you have similar looking scars at first, and did they heal nicely? All the wrinkling is concerning me. Thanks!

You don't look too bad you are super early in the healing process. Those wrinkles are going to smooth out over time. Just be patient and don't freak out. Your PS will let you know what kind of scar treatment you are supposed to be using (probably a little later). If weeks from now the wrinkling is not going down, then let him know about your concerns again. Mine are just starting to smooth out (week 3 for me).

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:22 PM

Hi mia711, sorry, I tried attaching pics but it didn't work! I stuck some tiny urls in there to some pics. Thanks for your reply and your pics. That does offer me some peace of mind :-)
I had a sort of lollipop-anchor mercy version, thing, where the incision underneath is just shorter than a typical anchor, I believe.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by mia711 View Post
You don't look too bad you are super early in the healing process. Those wrinkles are going to smooth out over time. Just be patient and don't freak out. Your PS will let you know what kind of scar treatment you are supposed to be using (probably a little later). If weeks from now the wrinkling is not going down, then let him know about your concerns again. Mine are just starting to smooth out (week 3 for me).
Thanks! That's good to hear
Old 06-14-2018, 05:03 PM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
I think for one week post-op it all looks like it's headed in the right direction, as your implants drop and fluff and fill out your lower pole the wrinkling should improve. This is a process that takes months to reach the end result, it's way too early to judge them yet.

As long as your in touch with your PS as he is the expert, then i wouldn't worry at this point.

I will be interested to follow your results.

Below is a diagram of D&F.

Last edited by Cherry.Pie; 06-14-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cherry.Pie View Post
I think for one week post-op it all looks like it's headed in the right direction, as your implants drop and fluff and fill out your lower pole the wrinkling should improve. This is a process that takes months to reach the end result, it's way too early to judge them yet.

As long as your in touch with your PS as he is the expert, then i wouldn't worry at this point.

I will be interested to follow your results.

Below is a diagram of D&F.

Thank you for your response and the diagram! This helps. I read so much about it, looked at so many before and afters, and still, going through it myself, feel as though I'm overworrying at this point. I'll try to relax and see how things heal ☺