Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Blisters?

Old 10-21-2018, 02:19 PM

SheldonsMom is on a distinguished road
Blisters?

Hi. Wondering if anyone here experienced getting a blister post-surgery. It popped up on the top of my left breast at border of the tegaderm dressing they used. It popped last night and has had a small amount of straw colored drainage since.
When I spoke to my PSí nurse this morning she said to just cut away the tegDerm that was covering that area and it should heal on its own. Iím worried itís going to develop an infection or scar though so wondering if anyone on here has dealt with this?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:27 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I had a blister come up towards the bottom of my left breast. Hubby said leave it alone and it will heal. I left it alone and it is now gone and no mark remains from it. We have no idea what caused it to pop up but I'm glad it didn't leave a mark on me.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Dallas2018 is on a distinguished road
This happened to me, too! I used Embrace scar treatment (clear bandage) and noticed a blister under my left breast around month 3. I removed the bandage and let the blister go down on its own. It went away and was fine, but I still don't know what caused it.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:22 PM

PumpkinPasties is on a distinguished road
I got a blister on my side from the ace bandage my surgeon placed. It popped when I was adjusting the bandage the day after surgery. It left a purple mark for a few weeks and then was just totally gone. Healed just fine!
Old 11-06-2018, 03:20 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I didnít ever get any blisters but when they sent me home from my 24 hour post op appointment I was told to report back to my surgeon if I developed any blistering as itís usually a sign that youíve developed a adhesive allergy. Idk if thatís true for every type of steri strip/bandage, but thatís what I was told. So if your blister is near where some type of adhesive was, perhaps itís that? I donít think itís usually a big deal though. They just want to remove whatever is causing it so it doesnít get out of control.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:14 AM

froogie is on a distinguished road
Blisters

Just had a revision on 4/2 got a blister the first night by my dressing tape on right upper part of breast. Two nights later I noticed 2 more both breasts on the bottom at the edge of the tape. Went in for post op and they removed all adhesives. I am instructed to clean with hydrogen peroxide and then apply hydrocortisone cream and take benydryl if itchy and then apply bacitracin to gauze pads and cover all incisions and blisters. Really hope no scarring from blisters. Glad Iím not alone