Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crmmkm

Uncomplicated Revision Recovery?

Old 01-22-2019, 11:13 AM

skinnyrunner is on a distinguished road
Uncomplicated Revision Recovery?

I'm having a revision in 1 week and was wondering what the recovery process is like for an uncomplicated revision (implant exchange to go larger).
My surgeon told me that it will be MUCH easier this time around but am curious to hear your experiences
How soon were you back to your normal activities and how soon were you back in the gym? (obviously I will OF COURSE listen to my surgeon's instructions post op but am interested in how your experience went)
Old 01-26-2019, 09:21 AM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Bumping for you. Keep in mind, most of the ladies that have had successful revisions for size alone rarely visit the forum. There are a few here though! Hopefully they see your post and respond.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:13 AM

Nervous1 is on a distinguished road
Considering same revision

I have been so disappointed with my size. You can barely tell I had a BA, unless unclothed. I just hate to go back through the surgery again - it was brutal to me and I had zero energy for weeks. How long are you waiting in between surgeries? I think I should have pushed for high profile implants as well.

Originally Posted by skinnyrunner View Post
I'm having a revision in 1 week and was wondering what the recovery process is like for an uncomplicated revision (implant exchange to go larger).
My surgeon told me that it will be MUCH easier this time around but am curious to hear your experiences
How soon were you back to your normal activities and how soon were you back in the gym? (obviously I will OF COURSE listen to my surgeon's instructions post op but am interested in how your experience went)
Old 01-26-2019, 12:40 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I did an implant exchange twice. Once to go bigger 7 months after my initial BA and the recovery was super easy. I was back at work after the weekend. I had a second implant exchange in Oct to go back down (5 years later I hated how big they were). Again had a very easy recovery although I did end up with CC in both breasts pretty immediately after surgery. Maybe if I had taken it easier it wouldnít have happened but no one knows what causes it. In general implant exchanges are a very easy recovery. What size do you have and what are you increasing too? Iíve had mod + 371 and switched to HP 500 and now I have Natrelle Inspira 385 in the full profile.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-26-2019, 07:13 PM

Muartista is on a distinguished road
I havenít had a revision, but my sister-in-law did. She went from saline to silicone and went up in size. Since the pocket was already there, she said the recovery was way easier! Less muscle pain and minimal swelling. It took her about 3 days until she felt normal but tried to take it easy for 2 weeks.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I did an implant exchange twice. Once to go bigger 7 months after my initial BA and the recovery was super easy. I was back at work after the weekend. I had a second implant exchange in Oct to go back down (5 years later I hated how big they were). Again had a very easy recovery although I did end up with CC in both breasts pretty immediately after surgery. Maybe if I had taken it easier it wouldnít have happened but no one knows what causes it. In general implant exchanges are a very easy recovery. What size do you have and what are you increasing too? Iíve had mod + 371 and switched to HP 500 and now I have Natrelle Inspira 385 in the full profile.
I have 350 cc HP Sientra HSC+ textured and am going to 505 to 565cc HP Sientra HSC smooth (depending on what my PS determines is best)-- revision is solely to go up in size and also hopefully improve my cleavage situation. I was a lot skinnier when I had my first surgery 2.5 years ago and my PS said that my tissues will be able to accommodate larger implants now, so am finally getting the surgery I wanted!

Sorry to hear about the CC, how soon after surgery did you notice?
Old 01-29-2019, 01:05 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I have 350 cc HP Sientra HSC+ textured and am going to 505 to 565cc HP Sientra HSC smooth (depending on what my PS determines is best)-- revision is solely to go up in size and also hopefully improve my cleavage situation. I was a lot skinnier when I had my first surgery 2.5 years ago and my PS said that my tissues will be able to accommodate larger implants now, so am finally getting the surgery I wanted!

Sorry to hear about the CC, how soon after surgery did you notice?
It was at my 5 week post op appointment that my PS told me .

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-30-2019, 07:47 PM

lost_andfound is on a distinguished road
Just had a revision as well

Hey skinnyrunner!

Did you have your surgery yet? How are you feeling? I had a revision myself very recently in Nov 2018, from 215cc moderate silicone to 320cc. Revision was solely for upsizing. Recovery was slightly easier for me but not significantly. I am at 12 weeks now and have just started doing upper body workouts again. Lower body weights I started after 1mo, cardio after 2months. Took 4 days off from work total.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 AM

I had my surgery earlier this week and recovery has been SO much better than the first time. The day of surgery I felt awful from the anesthesia (nausea was terrible, so until I slept that off I felt like crap) but once that wore off I felt so much better. I was up and walking around the day of, just being careful with movements and not to strain myself. I'm still restricting my activity as per recommendations of my PS but feel like I could be out and walking around as if normal, I just don't want to risk any complications while I'm healing internally. Am so happy that I've finally got the size I want and it looks like I"ll be able to have cleavage with a bra this time around (my anatomy doesn't allow for it without a bra, but with a bra is what I wanted!)
Old 02-04-2019, 09:26 PM

lost_andfound is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear things are going well, happy for you!!
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 PM

Carhar10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
What are your thoughts on the differences between mod plus and high profile? I have high profile and am looking to go down to 375 Natrelle Inspira srm
Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 PM

stella2019 is on a distinguished road
I am almost 2 months post op and I was a small B, and got 350cc high profile implants. When I wear a tight shirt I like how they look, but in any normal top, you cannot even tell. I wish I had gone to 400cc still. Everyone keeps telling me to wait it out, but I just do not think they are going to get fuller. I know my surgeon will think Iím crazy to want a revision already so I am trying to wait but I can guarantee Iíll want a revision sooner rather than later! Ugh!
Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 PM

Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stella2019 View Post
I am almost 2 months post op and I was a small B, and got 350cc high profile implants. When I wear a tight shirt I like how they look, but in any normal top, you cannot even tell. I wish I had gone to 400cc still. Everyone keeps telling me to wait it out, but I just do not think they are going to get fuller. I know my surgeon will think Iím crazy to want a revision already so I am trying to wait but I can guarantee Iíll want a revision sooner rather than later! Ugh!
It is not worth a revision for 50ccs. You will not notice any difference at all. It's only 1.7 ounces. So not even a double shot of ccs. Spread out over an entire boob. Unnoticeable. Most say at least 200ccs but I did 165ccs and I notice a difference. But it was only 1 cup size so not a big difference. Nobody else notices a difference. Just me.

dj2012 likes this.

Crmmkm's plastic surgeon is Andrew Wolfe, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 PM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stella2019 View Post
50cc difference is definitely not noticeable so even if you went up to 400cc, they'd still look the same. Given that you're only 2 months post op, you've still got months still to go in your recovery and for them to settle. Do not get caught up in thinking that they're too small now and rush into a revision as you could regret it in the future (I'm speaking from personal experience too )
Old 05-18-2019, 08:25 AM

Moneyca is on a distinguished road
So much easier this time around!

I got 400cc saline implants 10 years ago after having my first baby and my boo a deflated. Over the last two years Iíve been wanting to trade them out for silicone. Iíve had two more kids since getting the implants and lost weight and I started to feel and see the rippling. Last week I had my exchange surgery and got high profile 600cc silicones. I went with IV sedation so I wasnít all the way put under and I would recommend that for anyone who is able to! I felt no pain and didnít have any bad side effects. I took Norco pain meds that day when I got home and the day after. Then I just took Advil and went back to work 3 days after surgery!
Old 09-28-2019, 10:02 PM

Beginagain is on a distinguished road
It's an easier recovery with revision

After 8 years I went from anatomical 550 cc to high profile smooth rounds 605 cc with a crescent lift . On the first day post revision, I did not take any pain meds. Kept waiting for pain but never felt any. There was soreness. I noticed my PS did not go through the same incision and made a new crease incision lower than the other. I am four days postop and have some swelling and soreness. I am quite surprised that I did not have to take pain meds. My breasts are looking quite fabulous.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:05 PM

ittybittytittie is on a distinguished road
This is all very encouraging! I am planning a simple implant exchange and my recovery wasn't bad the first time but happy to hear it's even better the second time.

ittybittytittie's plastic surgeon is Michael Tantillo, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE