Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DR_Olive
  • 1 Post By DR_Olive

Take 3

Old 02-07-2020, 06:35 PM

DR_Olive is on a distinguished road
Take 3

So I had my initial BA in 2016 and had 350cc subfascial. I was initially really happy and thought they looked great. Over time I began to feel they were too big for my frame and in particular, had too much upper pole fullness. In hindsight, I just hadn't mentally adjusted to having boobs. I'd always been very tall and skinny with A-cups and now I was noticing other women checking my boobs out!

So... in 2018, I downsized to 275cc mod+. This doesn't sound like a big drop but it was pretty significant on my build. I'd dropped 1.2cm in projection, which meant they disappeared in clothes. I really looked like I hadn't had anything done! For the first month or 2, I thought this was great. However, the shape was affected a bit as I'd been larger and my nipples sat a little lower on my chest. They just looked flatter and even slightly droopy. I by no means needed a lift but they didn't look as perky as before. I thought that by downsizing I'd be able to push them up and play them up with padded bras, which I could. But they didn't look as good as I'd pictured. The shape just wasn't as good and I didn't really like how they looked in push-ups at all. 😕 Looking back at photos of my 350s, I realised what everybody else had tried to tell me the whole time. They were not too big at all and they looked much better in clothes and dresses than my current 275s. Ughhhh. It's amazing how much your own mind can mess with you because I honestly believed I looked huge with the 350s and that wasn't the case at all. 😳

So I decided to go for another consult at the end of last year and see if I could return to my previous size. The surgeon noticed I had some pretty significant rippling in my cleavage and we decided to go below the muscle (dual plane) this time around. He's since changed to motiva implants due to the concerns surrounding certain implants and ALCL. So we decided on 375cc full profile, which is basically the same dimensions as my previous implants just slightly more volume.

I had my surgery today and everything went well. I'm now typing this because it's 3am and I can't sleep. 🙄 I feel very tight in the chest this time around given my previous implants were overs. 😩 The nurse said they look a lot better than the 275s did in terms of shape and the muscle coverage has created a nicer slope. I really hope I'm happy with the overall outcome and there is no more surgery in the near future. I think my fiance' would kill me! 😂 I'll keep you updated.

PS. These damn drains are a pain in the butt!

BooBitties likes this.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:34 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Glad to hear you are doing well! I've heard great things about Motiva. Everyone that has them seems to really like them. Hopefully you'll be able to get a little sleep soon. A really boring documentary on something that I am not interested in usually does the trick for me!
Old 02-07-2020, 09:43 PM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I get you on those drains being a pain in the butt....I had 1 surgery without and the revisions with drains. The pressure was less with the drains but the things added to my pain level. Hopefully everything turns out perfect for you!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:42 PM

Thanks so much guys. Everything seems to be going really well. The first night was the worst by far. Since then, all I've done is sleep basically!! The pain meds and diazepam for muscle spasms are just zonking me out, which is great. The pain is nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I've been very meticulous with keeping on top of the pain relief and just resting/taking it easy. Lets hope it continues to be smooth sailing!

BooBitties likes this.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:48 AM

The bandages came off yesterday and I'm pretty happy with how they're looking so far! The muscle is still compressing the upper portion of the implant, which I can feel. But they've settled quite nicely already as the skin overlying had already been stretched by my previous overs. I've made an album, which should be available to everyone. I'm excited to see how they change as the bruising and swelling goes down in my sternum and the muscle relaxes. Thanks for your support and kind words. It's so great to have forums like this where we can share our experiences. I've told some people in real life but nobody at work knows and it's hard when you're trying to keep some things private yet it's having such a big impact on you physically.

I'll try to insert a couple of photos here and see if it works. If not, they're in my album.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:56 PM

mathgames is on a distinguished road
They look phenomenal! Now that your implants have settled, do you feel any difference in softness with them under the muscle?