Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bourbonandblond
  • 1 Post By LucyEBR

I did it!!

Old 05-20-2020, 12:43 PM

bourbonandblond is on a distinguished road
I did it!!

Crossposted from my BA Stories thread just incase anyone has any questions to answer directly.

I did the thing!
Currently resting at home.
I went to the surgery center in Livermore for my check in only to be told I wasn’t on the schedule. Called the PS office which wasn’t open yet, so I had the answering service put me through to the coordinator. She said when they moved my surgery date they scheduled it for the Danville office and I had no idea. No one ever told me. But I had plenty of time to get there and they were ready for me when I arrived so luckily there were no complications. I’m still kinda mad tho because I had all my phone calls with everyone yesterday and they still talked about Livermore. Communication hasn’t been the best this whole time and there’s only so much that can be blamed on adjusting to Covid-19.

Once I finally got to my appt things moved pretty fast. I changed out of my clothes and into compression thigh highs, slipper socks, a hospital gown and even doctor-issued panties. The nurses covered me with a warm blanket while they got all my medical info and started my IV. I took some extra strength Tylenol and an antibiotic pill with the tiniest sips of water EVER.

My PS and anesthesiologist came in to give me a little pep talk, explain the anesthesia to me, take a final round of “before” pic and mark up my torso. Then, I walked to the operating room with my PS’ help.

They were playing Lady Gaga in the operating room when I walked in! I LOVE Lady Gaga so I took that as a very good sign. My anesthesiologist chatted with me a little bit about the wine bar where I work, and I was able to recommend him a nice California Cabernet Sauvignon, lol. The anesthetic made me pretty sleepy and I dropped off not quite instantly, but very soon after it was put in my IV.

I remember dreaming a little bit as I started to wake up, and I came round immediately once we were all done. Luckily I had no nausea, and I was more awake and alert than I expected to be. My first question was “Do I have boobs now?” And the nurse told me “Yes, and they’re beautiful!”
Next I asked how many ccs I got and they said 420! Woohoo! I wanted 400 but I wasn’t sure they would fit. So I was really happy about that. I think I said “F*** yeah!” And then asked for ice chips, because my mouth was sooooo dry.

I started having a little more pain in the recovery room, and they couldn’t give me anything yet, which sucked. Breathing deep was hard at first but got easier after I took a Xanax. The strap they put on me instead of a surgical bra is REALLY uncomfortable; it makes the implants feel heavier and it squashes my ribs and chest. That, and the pain in the center of my back are the worst. I was NOT expecting back pain but it’s there -right in the middle of my back, where my bandages are.

My sweet partner came and picked me up with a bouquet of roses and a sparkling water, and we went home! I recommend finding someplace very close to your house if you can, bc the 40 minute drive from Danville to Oakland wasn’t much fun. Especially with the back pain :’(

As soon as I got home, I counted down till when I could take more Tylenol. I took two extra strength but after a couple hours it still hadn’t really taken the edge off so I ate some crackers and took Ultram for breakthrough pain. It hasn’t helped much with my back, but it helped with some of the breast soreness and I was able to nap a little bit.

I am definitely looking forward to Thursday afternoon, when I can shower and I can take that damn strap off (unfortunately only for the shower).

The pain is a bit more than I expected, but I’m grateful to not have any nausea and I’m grateful to have my new tits! Especially since I was able to get the number of ccs I wanted.

Update since yesterday: My doctor called me at like 10 PM and I brought up the pain that I was in from the strap. He said it was okay to loosen it and that helped a lot with pain management. I was even able to sleep well -took another Ultram to make sure I could sleep, and set alarms to take my meds in the middle of the night. By then my back had stopped hurting and I only needed Xanax and Tylenol. Today is much better in terms of pain, so for anyone who is on their first day -hang in there! Drink lots of fluids and sleep as much as you can.

BooBitties likes this.
    Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 PM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
    Woohoo! Congratulations!

bourbonandblond likes this.