Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

30 hours post op and incisions itching?!!

Old 07-11-2020, 07:35 PM

Magentaqueen is on a distinguished road
30 hours post op and incisions itching?!!

Um okay is this normal only 30 hours post op to have my revision incisions itch?! Their burning too and that I half expected.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:59 PM

Melanincurls_XL is on a distinguished road
Definitely normal. My incisions itched for a couple months. I was authorized to use Dermoplast spray which relieves itching. Its sold at Walgreens and CVS in the First Aid aisle its made for wounds so completely safe and it saved my life at work and during the night lol.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:14 PM

Magentaqueen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Melanincurls_XL View Post
Definitely normal. My incisions itched for a couple months. I was authorized to use Dermoplast spray which relieves itching. Its sold at Walgreens and CVS in the First Aid aisle its made for wounds so completely safe and it saved my life at work and during the night lol.
Thanks a lot for that! I think I am actually having a reaction to the internal stitches. Not sure and am waiting for my next tele appointment with my surgeon.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:15 AM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Magentaqueen View Post
Thanks a lot for that! I think I am actually having a reaction to the internal stitches. Not sure and am waiting for my next tele appointment with my surgeon.
That's highly unlikely. Reactions to the type of sutures they use is extremely rare.

Histamines (allergy pills are usually anti-histamines, for context) do play a role in wound healing, so itching when wounds are healing is very common.

I would definitely tell your PS if you are concerned, but I wouldn't worry about being allergic to your sutures.