Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Emergency Post- Infection and Implant Removal

Old 07-15-2020, 05:34 PM

Rapterra is on a distinguished road
Emergency Post- Infection and Implant Removal

Hello everyone, this is a first time post for me, and I know I probably should have written an introductory post, but this is fairly urgent so I thought it should precede. I had my implant surgery on June 22nd. Up until this point I have had no complications or issues whatsoever, up until three days ago, when my recovery bra stuck to an incision, and one opened and started to leak a clear, yellow tinted liquid. At first the drainage started slow, but built up to a very fast pace, soaking through any dressings, bra or clothes. I sent photos to my plastic surgeon, and upon his instruction it was not reason to cause alarm. I applied antibiotic ointment as instructed, and kept along with plans to see him for our appointment today, July 15th. Over the night last night, I noticed more viscous, almost creamy seepage. At the appointment, my surgeon took a look, drained the area a bit, and concluded that I had an infection, and that my implant was exposed at the bottom of my breast, and that the only option I had was to have my implant removed. After I am healed and the infection has cleared, I may have it put back in at the earliest date. I now have surgery scheduled for early tomorrow morning, to have my implant removed. It was made out to seem like I will be in no way financially responsible for this procedure, this raises a few alarm bells for me. Iím not sure if this is the right step to take, or if I should wait for the antibiotics to work more than a day and a half before jumping into this. I have been reading articles about recovering the implant, without removing it, and going on antibiotics until the infection clears? Any advice, personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Iím very scared and beyond distraught.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:30 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
My PS said that if I have complications in the first 6 months that all expenses would be covered, except the surgical centre fees. So, that seems pretty standard now. I would listen to your PS. Since your implant is coming out on the bottom that complicates things more than a simple infection.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:51 AM

MommaTo3Boys is on a distinguished road
I agree with the previous poster, I would listen to your PS. Iím sure this is very frustrating, but health and safety come first. Good luck OP and happy healing. Hopefully this will all be a distant memory one day, and you will have a new implant in. Take care!!
Old 07-16-2020, 11:44 AM

MamaE86 is on a distinguished road
I had an infection last week, hospitalized for 4 days. For 48hrs it got worse before it got better. I was wheeled into the OR and 100% prepped for surgery to have my left breast implant removed. Soon as the plastic surgeon came in, he wanted to look at the infection and noticed that it was looking a LOT better. He canceled the surgery and made all the nurses mad in the OR. Sometimes things can get better.

However, I think the issue here is that your implant is actually visible. Your surgeon will be able to determine what to do when he/she see's you.

MamaE86's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-27-2020, 07:08 PM

SammiNYC is on a distinguished road
Listen to your PS.. It's not worth your health.