Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Massaging too hard?

Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM

emily1998 is on a distinguished road
Massaging too hard?

Hi there!
Here's some background:
I am thirteen days post-op from breast surgery where my PS replaced old implants with smaller ones (went from a DD to B cup) as well as performed a "breast reduction" for the excess breast tissue.
I experienced a hematoma on my right breast due to taking aspirin (PS never advised me against this although I've noticed this is often assumed to be common sense). This hematoma needed to be surgically drained. I am now nine days post-op.
The implant on my left breast is now rising apparently due to swelling and scar tissue and I was advised by my PS to perform a massage to lower the implant.
I performed this massage every hour 3x10 seconds as instructed and am noticing some intense soreness on the side doing the work (not the side being massaged but the OTHER side). I was told to expect soreness on the left since it's receiving the pressure but there is remarkably more soreness on my right. The breast, back, and arm of this side are suddenly achy and super tight. Is this normal? Does this mean I'm massaging too hard? I wouldn't want to overexert my right side and risk anything in the process of correcting the left...At the same time, I know these techniques are only effective if a good amount of force is applied...any advice at all would be SO appreciated!