Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twinpearls

BACK PAIN day 2 post op

Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 PM

IBTCreject is on a distinguished road
BACK PAIN day 2 post op

Omg! So Iím only on day 2 post op and my mid back is so achey. Boobies feel fine but man, I need some relief for my back pain. I have Percocet for the recovery but it doesnít really touch my back pain. Anyone have suggestions or similar experience? Iím not used to sleeping on my back and using heat does help a little.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:51 PM

Snoody is on a distinguished road
I had my implants replaced a few years ago and the surgeon basically refused to put my implants under the chest wall muscle like my fist ones were done. I figured he knew what he was talking so I let him do it. At the Time, after the surgery he told me he had to use two different size implants due to the size difference. I again thought he knew what he was doing. Fast forward to a few days ago … I had to have a mammogram and then an ultra sound due to a suspicious lump. The girl doing the ultra sound was looking at my mammogram and she called me over to look at them with her. She then asks “do you know there are two implants in one breast “. Obviously I told her I did not… I didn’t question her anymore because honestly I had no idea if that was normal. Talking it over with a friend of mine, she has convinced me that this is not normal. Does anybody on here know if that is a normal thing to do? Nobody else has ever brought it up. Not even the person who did my mammogram . Please help !!! I’m freaking out. FYI I went to a very reputable plastic surgeon.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Snoody View Post
I had my implants replaced a few years ago and the surgeon basically refused to put my implants under the chest wall muscle like my fist ones were done. I figured he knew what he was talking so I let him do it. At the Time, after the surgery he told me he had to use two different size implants due to the size difference. I again thought he knew what he was doing. Fast forward to a few days ago Ö I had to have a mammogram and then an ultra sound due to a suspicious lump. The girl doing the ultra sound was looking at my mammogram and she called me over to look at them with her. She then asks ďdo you know there are two implants in one breast ď. Obviously I told her I did notÖ I didnít question her anymore because honestly I had no idea if that was normal. Talking it over with a friend of mine, she has convinced me that this is not normal. Does anybody on here know if that is a normal thing to do? Nobody else has ever brought it up. Not even the person who did my mammogram . Please help !!! Iím freaking out. FYI I went to a very reputable plastic surgeon.
Um...I've only ever heard of dual stacked implants happening in shady back alley types of situations, in countries with little-to-no regulations (i.e., other countries outside of the USA), where the woman wanted a rather large outcome and the only idea the surgeon (or maybe they should be called a butcher) could conjure up, was to stack two in there. Your situation sounds very odd to me. You should do some investigation on why this happened. There may be grounds for a lawsuit here.

(apologies to the OP, as I didn't intend to hijack your thread, but wanted to reply to this odd inquiry about stacked implants)

heymom3 likes this.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:27 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by IBTCreject View Post
Omg! So Iím only on day 2 post op and my mid back is so achey. Boobies feel fine but man, I need some relief for my back pain. I have Percocet for the recovery but it doesnít really touch my back pain. Anyone have suggestions or similar experience? Iím not used to sleeping on my back and using heat does help a little.
I found putting a pillow under my knees and sometimes one under the curve in my back helped. I also have a neck/shoulder/back massager that kneads not pounds.....I can turn it onto heat or without heat (bought on amazon) that helped. Also, I have noticed that when I am constipated my back hurts. Hopefully you are feeling better now
Old 08-01-2021, 10:06 AM

Bittyhat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IBTCreject View Post
Oh my goodness, the back pain was the one thing I wasn't prepared for! I'm 6 days post-op now. I was fine all day then would wake up with terrible back pain every night. I've been sleeping in a recliner with a bed rest pillow behind my lower back, and a regular pillow behind my head. I would have to take a hydrocodone and then change positions until the meds kicked in and I could go back to sleep.

All of a sudden I stopped waking up with pain on day 4/5. All that changed is that I was taking fewer pain pills (switching to extra strength Tylenol), moving around more during the day, and adding a pillow under my knees to sleep. I don't know if any of that helped or if I just turned a corner in my healing, but I feel your pain and am sending all the good recovery vibes!!