Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bellaa90
  • 1 Post By Scarletto

1 day Post Op Pain

Old 10-16-2021, 12:43 AM

Bellaa90 is on a distinguished road
1 day Post Op Pain

Im 1 almost 2 days post op. Pretty much ever since I had my operation I have a very hard time moving my arms, sitting up, standing up. All my muscles feel like they have been severely strained, pulled etc. Hurts to breathe in. I don't know if its normal or not. I talked to my dr once last night and he said its cause im so small. Im 5'0" 92 pounds small frame. I got 350cc. I was a 32AA basically. Is this going to get better or have I lost complete mobility and strength. Just grabbing for something causes alot of pain, trying to get out of bed, pulling my shorts and panties off to go to the bathroom. I was not expecting this at all. It feels like I did some really high intense workout times 10 muscle soreness in all my chest muscles going into my back. I also am having a hard time sleeping my upper back hurts. I have two pillow behind me and I can't get comfortable at all.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:23 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Are your implants under or over the muscle? From the sounds of it, I'm going to guess they are under. And so this is completely normal. "Unders" requires some dissection of the pectoral muscle, which leads to this type of painful post-op scenario. It will ease soon, but you have to ride it out. Your body needs a little time to adjust. It's unfortunate that someone didn't better inform you of the post-op expectations. Keep us posted on your progress though! :-)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:33 PM

Bellaa90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twinpearls View Post
Are your implants under or over the muscle? From the sounds of it, I'm going to guess they are under. And so this is completely normal. "Unders" requires some dissection of the pectoral muscle, which leads to this type of painful post-op scenario. It will ease soon, but you have to ride it out. Your body needs a little time to adjust. It's unfortunate that someone didn't better inform you of the post-op expectations. Keep us posted on your progress though! :-)
Yes they're under the muscle. Im 9 days PO now and its so much better omg. Still have some pain but nothing like last weekend. I can move my arms alot better. I can take a deep breath without pain in rib cage lol.

twinpearls likes this.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bellaa90 View Post
Yes they're under the muscle. Im 9 days PO now and its so much better omg. Still have some pain but nothing like last weekend. I can move my arms alot better. I can take a deep breath without pain in rib cage lol.
Yay! That's great news! I had a hunch they were unders, and you probably just needed some time. I'm glad things are feeling better now!
Old 10-26-2021, 08:13 PM

Scarletto is on a distinguished road
Hang in there!

Originally Posted by Bellaa90 View Post
Im 1 almost 2 days post op. Pretty much ever since I had my operation I have a very hard time moving my arms, sitting up, standing up. All my muscles feel like they have been severely strained, pulled etc. Hurts to breathe in. I don't know if its normal or not. I talked to my dr once last night and he said its cause im so small. Im 5'0" 92 pounds small frame. I got 350cc. I was a 32AA basically. Is this going to get better or have I lost complete mobility and strength. Just grabbing for something causes alot of pain, trying to get out of bed, pulling my shorts and panties off to go to the bathroom. I was not expecting this at all. It feels like I did some really high intense workout times 10 muscle soreness in all my chest muscles going into my back. I also am having a hard time sleeping my upper back hurts. I have two pillow behind me and I can't get comfortable at all.
Hang in there!! Sleep is stressful because we need it so badly but itís hard to get comfortable. BEST advice I can give you is I just had my surgery and I bought a special memory foam wedge pillow for after surgery on Amazon that keeps me upright, really helps because I never have to adjust it. Only costs like $50 and totally worth it. I also have a pillow under my butt, knees, and one under each arm, I balled up a fluffy blanket on my shoulder to rest my head on.

For pain I stay ahead of it and take the max dose for the first 4 days. I set timers for my pain meds and take them 30 min before they are supposed to wear off, I asked my dr. For something stronger than codeine and he gave me Percocet which made a HUGE difference. Iím much more comfortable now.

Bathroom - I bought soft stretch shorts so I donít need to pull them down past my knees to sit on the toilet, makes it a breeze to pull up and down because they basically stay around at my lower thigh and scrunch together. Hope that makes sense haha.

Youíll be feeling so much better soon I promise!!!

twinpearls likes this.
Old 10-28-2021, 01:42 PM

Texas007 is on a distinguished road
Are you above or below the muscle? I heard under the muscle hurts worse than above. Iím 5 feet also and petite. You started very small youíre going to have to develop the back muscles and core muscles to support the new weight. I would take it super easy not to strain yourself. I would let your body acclimate to the changes of weight of you upper body. I heard under the muscle feels like you worked out crazy type pain. Which is normal. Hang in there Iím one week post op but I started from c cups and over the muscles and yesterday was the first day I wasnít in pain.

Last edited by Texas007; 10-28-2021 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 11-17-2021, 08:32 AM

summer19 is on a distinguished road
HI! I got mine done yesterday, im 125lbs and went from an AA to 305 in one and 255 in the other and I feel the same pain youre describing. Mine was also under the muscle and maybe that's why but i cant get out of be by myself at all and when i stand it take about 5 minutes to start feeling serious pain.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by summer19 View Post
HI! I got mine done yesterday, im 125lbs and went from an AA to 305 in one and 255 in the other and I feel the same pain youre describing. Mine was also under the muscle and maybe that's why but i cant get out of be by myself at all and when i stand it take about 5 minutes to start feeling serious pain.
Give it time. It will subside! :-)